PDA

View Full Version : Ware/Malik

msstate7
12-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Any updates? It'd be nice to beat Tulane tomorrow

DudyDawg
12-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Ware has some kind of knee bruise (bone bruise I think) and is doubtful.

msstate7
12-18-2015, 01:01 PM
is doubtful.

Then so is a win over Tulane. Dang

MarketingBully
12-18-2015, 01:15 PM
We will win as long as only Ware is out but if Malik, Sword, and Daniels are out we would lose. Hopefully we can get Holman in for a few minutes of the game. Malik and Sword's problems were just cramps. We do need Daniels back in the lineup. I saw Tulane play North Carolina. They are okay but not good. Looked really young too with six newcomers. I would consider them on the level of UT Martin. We should win but I would take a 5-10 point win at this point the way our team has looked the last two games.

DudyDawg
12-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Then so is a win over Tulane. Dang

Nahhhhhh Zuppardo and Ndoye both getting 20 and 10 and I could barely finish typing that without laughing out loud

starkvegasdawg
12-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Nahhhhhh Zuppardo and Ndoye both getting 20 and 10 and I could barely finish typing that without laughing out loud

20 fouls and 10 turnovers?

mstatefan91
12-18-2015, 01:38 PM
20 fouls and 10 turnovers?

Reverse that

CJDAWG85
12-18-2015, 01:39 PM
I thought I saw where Ware is out for tomorrow, but I could be wrong. Malik and Daniels should be back for tomorrow.

Johnson85
12-18-2015, 02:22 PM
We will win as long as only Ware is out

How bad would a team have to be for us to beat them without Ware?

msstate7
12-18-2015, 02:53 PM
How bad would a team have to be for us to beat them without Ware?

Pretty bad unless we make an abnormal amount of the many 3's we jack up every game

MarketingBully
12-18-2015, 03:56 PM
If everyone but Ware can play tomorrow just start Fred at the four and put Daniels at the five and full court press their ass until you build up a sizable lead. Tulane is prone to turnovers. We should just play to our strengths tomorrow which is full court pressure defense and score off their turnovers in transition. That IMO would lead to a blow out win for us against Tulane. If we don't run tomorrow, we probably will lose because our half court defense (duh) sucks. I don't know why we don't full court press more often. Think about it. If we full court press Southern and UMKC for at least half the game, we blow those teams out. Our 11-0 run against UMKC was largely caused by our full court pressure. We made a big run against Southern too doing that. Sometimes Howland just needs to call a spade a spade and say hey we suck at this but we are okay at that. Man to man we suck, in zone we are okay, full court pressure against shitty teams = win. Not sure why he hasn't figured it out.

MarketingBully
12-18-2015, 03:58 PM
I will also add that is how Arkansas beat Southern by 18. They pressed them the whole game basically got a big lead and cruised.

MCsMGs
12-18-2015, 04:00 PM
If everyone but Ware can play tomorrow just start Fred at the four and put Daniels at the five and full court press their ass until you build up a sizable lead. Tulane is prone to turnovers. We should just play to our strengths tomorrow which is full court pressure defense and score off their turnovers in transition. That IMO would lead to a blow out win for us against Tulane. If we don't run tomorrow, we probably will lose because our half court defense (duh) sucks. I don't know why we don't full court press more often. Think about it. If we full court press Southern and UMKC for at least half the game, we blow those teams out. Our 11-0 run against UMKC was largely caused by our full court pressure. We made a big run against Southern too doing that. Sometimes Howland just needs to call a spade a spade and say hey we suck at this but we are okay at that. Man to man we suck, in zone we are okay, full court pressure against shitty teams = win. Not sure why he hasn't figured it out.

I'm sure he's figured it out....my guess is that he isn't willing to compromise what he is teaching for the future for a win right now.

Johnson85
12-18-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't know why we don't full court press more often.

Because then you are asking Ware to carry the load of being the only legit post player while also engaging in a full court press.

On top of that, pressing against crappy teams only makes sense if we can also use it to beat decent teams. If we can't beat decent teams pressing a lot (and I don't think we can), we're not helping ourselves by stealing some wins against terrible competition. Need to use the games against terrible competition to work on executing what gives us the best chance against everybody else. If it costs us a few wins this year, it doesn't really cost us anything. Post season was unlikely regardless and we already have a good recruiting class set up. Just need to do the best we can this year while doing what sets us up best for the next two years.

Bothrops
12-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Any additional injuries to report?

Dawg61
12-18-2015, 06:03 PM
This might end up being a positive for us somehow. Daniels is a pretty good rebounder and he's much quicker than who he'll be match up with. I'd try this lineup to start.

PG Newman
SG Q
SF Sword
PF Thomas
PF Daniels

tcdog70
12-19-2015, 11:18 AM
M
This might end up being a positive for us somehow. Daniels is a pretty good rebounder and he's much quicker than who he'll be match up with. I'd try this lineup to start.

PG Newman
SG Q
SF Sword
PF Thomas
PF Daniels

That would be my choice. I wouldn't have a post player. Spread the court and let Chicken and Malik drive to the basket .

DudyDawg
12-19-2015, 11:23 AM
This game on tv? Not sure that I want to watch it anyways, but if I feel the desire to be miserable...

Coach007
12-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Yes.. SECNetwork

DudyDawg
12-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Wonder if we have 1000 people there

Dawg61
12-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Wonder if we have 1000 people there

Not a chance