PDA

View Full Version : Current commits

msstate7
12-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Will Morgan-walker be ready to contribute next season?

Is Erroll Thompson gonna be lb or dline?

Is Spencer closer to 4* (rivals) or 3* (247)?

Has dontea done anything to drop to 3* from 4* last year besides go to prep school?

Are roberson's offers legit? If so, why not 4*?

What position are we recruiting Charles for? Nice offer list

Seems when looking at our commits' offers that this class is underrated.

cheewgumm
12-18-2015, 10:05 AM
You almost have to just check out of recruiting.

Every year it's "out class is underrated". No offense, nothing to do with you, but give me a break.

msstate7
12-18-2015, 10:08 AM
You almost have to just check out of recruiting.

Every year it's "out class is underrated". No offense, nothing to do with you, but give me a break.

Look at the offers and tell me uab has a better class

defiantdog
12-18-2015, 10:20 AM
This entire list is red shirt material. Erroll will play mlb, and the last I heard on jones is that he's about 265lbs...... He may grow out of the TE position.

mic
12-18-2015, 10:29 AM
This entire list is red shirt material. Erroll will play mlb, and the last I heard on jones is that he's about 265lbs...... He may grow out of the TE position.

Don't count out Morgan-Walker playing next year.. Being a EE is big..

BrunswickDawg
12-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Look at the offers and tell me uab has a better class
I think what we are seeing is improving where our roster depth comes from from a talent perspective. It used to be that beyond the top guys, we filled out the sheet with guys that were only wanted by us and Sun Belt teams. We wanted them as depth, Sun Belt wanted them as starters. We have stepped up recruiting enough to get players from the same pool of guys that the other P5 programs want. I'm concerned that the difference seems to be that we need them to produce, where as schools like UGA, Mich, LSU etc would use the same guys as depth. Doesn't do a whole lot for ***** ratings though.

Bothrops
12-18-2015, 10:59 AM
I think Spencer is the best pass rusher in the state. I know we'd like to redshirt him , but there are things to consider, like whether or not we get Simmons in the class. But he has the chance to play early, because we don't have anyone on roster with his speed at DE.

Johnson85
12-18-2015, 11:07 AM

I guess I never paid that much attention, but I would have thought 265 was a good size for a tightend. That's still 35 lbs less than a typical OT and not much bigger than a lot fo the DE and LBs he'd presumably be blocking. Definitely not the MoJo type TE but with our OL we could probably use the help blocking anyway.

mic
12-18-2015, 11:19 AM
I guess I never paid that much attention, but I would have thought 265 was a good size for a tightend. That's still 35 lbs less than a typical OT and not much bigger than a lot fo the DE and LBs he'd presumably be blocking. Definitely not the MoJo type TE but with our OL we could probably use the help blocking anyway.

Jones may be at DE...

mic
12-18-2015, 11:20 AM
I think Spencer is the best pass rusher in the state. I know we'd like to redshirt him , but there are things to consider, like whether or not we get Simmons in the class. But he has the chance to play early, because we don't have anyone on roster with his speed at DE.

I'm still guessing that Green will be moved to or at least looked at for DE this spring.. Too many good players at LB.. Have to get GG and Leo on the field next year..

Bothrops
12-18-2015, 12:01 PM
I have noticed that juco recruits that have committed to us, automatically lose a star by the ranking services. Spencer also loses a star, even though he's graduating a year early, and his stats are roughly the same, or better this year. It's a Mississippi State phenomenon. I'm here to tell you.

HoopsCoach21
12-18-2015, 12:15 PM
I might have missed it but is it looking like Spencer may qualify now? I thought he was more than likely headed to JUCO as well.

defiantdog
12-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Don't count out Morgan-Walker playing next year.. Being a EE is big..
Yea, recently found out the defense might get shaken up a bit next year.

Jones may be at DE...
Jones may also hit 300 lbs by the end of Summer..... the dude is huge.

I'm still guessing that Green will be moved to or at least looked at for DE this spring.. Too many good players at LB.. Have to get GG and Leo on the field next year..
Leo will be on the field next year..... I've never seen anyone hit as hard as he does. Also, Fletcher Adams has to get on the field next year..... he got so low to the ground in practice, some of the linemen had to drop down to attempt to block him. Once he gets his technique down, he's going to be in the backfield a lot.