PDA

View Full Version : Murray says its final

Really Clark?
12-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Leaving A & M

smootness
12-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Holy crap, they are screwed. The best QB left on their roster was a 2-star JUCO recruit...and they have no QBs committed so far in this class. Uh oh.

Blackout
12-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Id take him for both sports. Hell lets see if he can play hoops too

Really Clark?
12-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Id take him for both sports. Hell lets see if he can play hoops too

You wouldn't have the opportunity. He is not getting a release to play in the SEC

msstate7
12-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Holy crap, they are screwed. The best QB left on their roster was a 2-star JUCO recruit...and they have no QBs committed so far in this class. Uh oh.

Hey sumlin, I know where you can get a 5* if you hire his brother... Better hurry though

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 10:48 PM
The crazy thing is they have a 5* QB committed Tate Martel for the 2017 class and he said he's still 100% on board with the Ag's.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 11:15 PM
The crazy thing is they have a 5* QB committed Tate Martel for the 2017 class and he said he's still 100% on board with the Ag's.

Yeah- because he's probably going to start for them.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2015, 11:15 PM

I think 5* QBs are a myth. It's an impossible position to evaluate at the high school level & the future success of the player has most everything to do with how he will be developed in college & the offense he plays in.

5 stars at most every other position, except maybe OL, translate at an extremely high rate, but, for QBs, it's a complete crap shoot, even for the guys that have all the tools.

msstate7
12-17-2015, 11:22 PM
I think 5* QBs are a myth. It's an impossible position to evaluate at the high school level & the future success of the player has most everything to do with how he will be developed in college & the offense he plays in.

5 stars at most every other position, except maybe OL, translate at an extremely high rate, but, for QBs, it's a complete crap shoot, even for the guys that have all the tools.

I researched it. Since '08 (just started there for no particular reason), around 40% of 5* qb's have panned out. With Allen and Murray transferring out, that number is in danger of dropping some more

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2015, 11:28 PM
I researched it. Since '08 (just started there for no particular reason), around 40% of 5* qb's have panned out. With Allen and Murray transferring out, that number is in danger of dropping some more

Good stuff! 40% is actually a pretty good number for QBs. 40% of top 3 round NFL QB draft picks, sure as heck don't pan out.

Still though, I bet every other 5* position is around 80% panning out. 40% should tell you all you need to know about the position & how difficult it is to project.

That's why you can't put all your eggs in one basket on QBs. You have to recruit a quality one most every year & cross your fingers.

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Yeah- because he's probably going to start for them.

Well no shit lol I'm just saying you would think after 3 qbs leaving the last two years that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to attend that school but that's just me.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 11:35 PM

The biggest thing is you never know how they are going to lead the team and if they can translate their athleticism and skill to the next level in terms of the mental aspects of the game like reading defenses and things like that. I think Dan and Brian give us a huge advantage over others in that arena. There is a lot of pressure from the visability that goes along with the position too- and you never know how they are going to handle that. I thought Dak got overwhelmed at times with the attention- as great as he was.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Well no shit lol I'm just saying you would think after 3 qbs leaving the last two years that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to attend that school but that's just me.

True- but in his head he probably thinks he is better than Allen and Murray anyway so not a big deal to him.

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 11:42 PM
True- but in his head he probably thinks he is better than Allen and Murray anyway so not a big deal to him.

True and he very well may be. I know the offense they run is QB friendly obviously so I can see why any big name qb would want to play in that offense and the fact that Manziel won the heisman under that coaching staff but still.

BrunswickDawg
12-18-2015, 07:12 AM
By nature, QBs are cocky sumbitches. Many don't know how to handle it when they get knocked down a peg and never recover. Seems to be the A&M way.

msstate7
12-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Since '09, here's your 5* qb's...

Matt Barkley (success)
Russell Shepard (no success at qb)
Garrett Gilbert (no success)
Aaron Murray (success)
Phillip sims (no success)
Jeff driskel (no success)
Braxton Miller (success, but no longer qb)
Jameis Winston (success)
Gunner Kiel (no success)
Max Browne (no success)
Christian hackenberg (success, I guess meh)
Kyle Allen (too early, but transfer not good sign)
Josh Rosen (too early, but looking really good)
Blake Barnett (too early)
Kyler Murray (too early, but not looking good)

Success -- 5/11 (45.5%)
Unsuccessful -- 6/11 (54.5%)

Transfer rate -- 4/15 (26.7%)
Changed position rate -- 2/15 (13.3%)

Sec 5* qb success rate -- 1/4 (25%)

Coach34
12-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Murray needs to transfer to Co-Lin. He could be ours in 1 year

starkvegasdawg
12-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Murray needs to transfer to Co-Lin. He could be ours in 1 year

I'm sure the right reverend Freeze has already had 10 late night conversations with him to try and convince him to go to EMCC.

Really Clark?
12-18-2015, 08:00 AM
All indications are he's going JUCO to play baseball this spring and then getting drafted. He won't be playing football for a college any time in the near future.

Dawgface
12-18-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm sure the right reverend Freeze has already had 10 late night conversations with him to try and convince him to go to EMCC.

Exactly. OM will have a better shot than us.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2015, 08:33 AM
All indications are he's going JUCO to play baseball this spring and then getting drafted. He won't be playing football for a college any time in the near future.

This

He'll transfer to a Texas JUCO 1st and get drafted in the top 2 rounds of the MLB draft and make over 1 mil.

Not sure if he transfers to a D1 in the fall and tries to play both sports. FWIW, Kyler is a much better pro prospect in baseball than he is in football.

Coach34
12-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Probably the best decision for him. He doesn't have an NFL arm

Really Clark?
12-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Probably the best decision for him. He doesn't have an NFL arm

Probably what he should have done to begin with. Very overrated QB coming out. 5 star athlete with a weak arm for QB. Should have never been rated that high as a QB. But could have already banked over a MIL last summer. Baseball is his ticket but understand the appeal to play in the SEC as a 2 sport athlete. And suspect he was told he could to get his signature. An example of what can also happen when you tell players what they want to hear and don't follow through.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Why would he do that with Patterson coming in?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Why would he do that with Patterson coming in? Hell the kid is bitching about playing time now..

Bothrops
12-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Does anybody think Patterson will live up to the hype? I have some doubts.

msstate7
12-18-2015, 10:13 AM
Does anybody think Patterson will live up to the hype? I have some doubts.

Looking at history, I'd say it's 50/50

RougeDawg
12-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Why would he do that with Patterson coming in? Hell the kid is bitching about playing time now..

Because Patterson is just a pawn in the Push to win February. You have got to hand it to them, Bucky does an extremely good job of setting up the pieces years in advance to go after the players he really wants. Hire brother to get a most likely bust 5* QB. The main reason is to boost "class ranking" so Bucky can subsequently go after targets that will actually contribute and easily be swayed by $ and a high class ranking. Add on top a 2nd consecutive bowl and 2016 is shaping up to be similar to 2013, because the pieces were set in place years in advance.

Bucky doesn't simply recruit, he manipulates lives and people in order to get the players he wants. How people do not see this is mind boggling. Him developing a QB is similar to anyone of us hitting the lottery, so how Patterson cannot see he is a pawn in the game is beyond me. He will be replaced by a Juco guy and be forced to transfer next year m, but will have served his purpose to give the class an early boost and buzz, creating momentum to land players who will actually contribute like Kinchee, Paidwell and Softie.