Returning players...
Q
Holman
Strugg
Ready (most likely)

Possible returns...
Malik (looking more likely)
Ndoye (I say no way)

If it's looking like Malik will declare, do we sign another player in the spring? If Malik does return, I think we should let ndoye walk and pursue a transfer with final scholarship.

Whether Malik stays or goes, we will finally have upper sec level talent... Just young

CarolinaDawgs
12-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Biggest Difference is that though these guys may be young, they will all want to play together, have fun and compete. That is something that can't be taught IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:11 PM
We'll have an extra scholarship bc I believe Malik is leaving. So yes we'll sign another big this spring.

msstate7
12-17-2015, 01:13 PM
We'll have an extra scholarship bc I believe Malik is leaving. So yes we'll sign another big this spring.

Do you think we'll pursue a transfer and encourage someone to leave? I really think we should

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Do you think we'll pursue a transfer and encourage someone to leave? I really think we should

We may but we're never going to have 13 legit big time players. It doesn't happen.

Johnson85
12-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Help me fill out our line-up here.

PG
Ready
Peters

SG
Kegler
WEathersppon

SF
Stapleton

PF
Ado
Holman

C
Herard
Strugg

What are Carter and Wright? And what would our starting five look like?

msstate7
12-17-2015, 01:18 PM
We may but we're never going to have 13 legit big time players. It doesn't happen.

Probably not, but no reason to hold one we know can't play. Take a shot on another project

msstate7
12-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Help me fill out our line-up here.

PG
Ready
Peters

SG
Kegler
WEathersppon

SF
Stapleton

PF
Ado
Holman

C
Herard
Strugg

What are Carter and Wright? And what would our starting five look like?

Carter and wright both SG. Hopefully some of these 2's can play the 3

CarolinaDawgs
12-17-2015, 01:32 PM
I think Wright could play the 3 exceptionally well.

MarketingBully
12-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Carter is a combo guard and Wright is a SG. Our starting five would most likely be:

PG - Peters/Carter some at point/Malik if he comes back 4-5 star area here
SG - Q/Carter/Wright 4 star talent here
SF - Kegler/Stapleton/Wright some here 4 or 5 star talent
PF - Holman/Kegler/Ado 4 or 5 star talent
C - Herard/Ado 4 star talent here

That's a nine man rotation that will finish in top half of the SEC next year and will possibly win it in year two when they are all together. I think only Kentucky can match that amount of talent. Can you guys see why the wait until next year mantra is actually real?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Carter is a combo guard and Wright is a SG. Our starting five would most likely be:

That's a nine man rotation that will finish in top half of the SEC next year and will possibly win it in year two when they are all together. I think only Kentucky can match that amount of talent. Can you guys see why the wait until next year mantra is actually real?

Just expecting Ready to disappear?

MarketingBully
12-17-2015, 01:40 PM

I think we will be fine if Malik goes or stays. We have plenty of back court depth coming in. It would be great if Crean gets fired and Davis miraculously decided to drop his LOI to sign with us. I can dream can't I?

MarketingBully
12-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Just expecting Ready to disappear?

I don't think he will be back personally with the talent we have at the point. He would have to improve 10000000% to get playing time in that lineup.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't think he will be back personally with the talent we have at the point. He would have to improve 10000000% to get playing time in that lineup.

That's what was said before this year too & he's leading the team in minutes played. Whatever the fans think about Ready it's obvious Howland doesn't feel the same way.

MarketingBully
12-17-2015, 01:47 PM
That's what was said before this year too & he's leading the team in minutes played. Whatever the fans think about Ready it's obvious Howland doesn't feel the same way.

I don't think Howland could drop him this year and we are in a bind since Malik hasn't transitioned as fast to the PG position as we had hoped. If Ready could just be a distributor and not jack up a bazillion shots, I could see keeping him. With the talent we will have on the floor next year, he should literally be the fifth option on the floor to score at all times. He is an undersized defensive liability. I just don't see any rational reason to keep him if you have your guys in place you want playing the point.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:58 PM
I don't think Howland could drop him this year and we are in a bind since Malik hasn't transitioned as fast to the PG position as we had hoped. If Ready could just be a distributor and not jack up a bazillion shots, I could see keeping him. With the talent we will have on the floor next year, he should literally be the fifth option on the floor to score at all times. He is an undersized defensive liability. I just don't see any rational reason to keep him if you have your guys in place you want playing the point.

I'm saying he's not going from 30min/game to can't get on the floor. That's just not a rational/logical statement. Malik & Q couln't push him off the court but Peters & Tyson will? Good luck with that.

MarketingBully
12-17-2015, 05:04 PM
I'm saying he's not going from 30min/game to can't get on the floor. That's just not a rational/logical statement. Malik & Q couln't push him off the court but Peters & Tyson will? Good luck with that.

Malik and Q aren't natural point guards. Peters is and will push and overtake Ready easily IMO. Heck, Carter IMO is a better point guard then Ready. Malik is having to learn on the fly which gives Ready an advantage THIS year. As Malik adjusts, he will eventually over take Ready. As stated earlier in this thread, the only way I keep Ready next year is if he is a pass first point guard. We don't need Ready to shoot that much at all. 5-7 shots a game is really all we need from him with the scoring options we have next year.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 05:19 PM

This looks like the best line up..... I don't think Malik will play PG if he returns. Also, Carter is one hell of an in town recruiter.

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 06:11 PM
IYOK is Kegler still a grade risk? I thought you may have mentioned this a while back before he committed

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 06:17 PM
IYOK is Kegler still a grade risk? I thought you may have mentioned this a while back before he committed

He can't slip but he's expected to make it.

Johnson85
12-17-2015, 06:40 PM
I don't think Malik will play PG if he returns.

I can't imagine Malik returning unless it's to work on playing PG.

MCsMGs
12-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Whatever the fans think about Ready it's obvious Howland doesn't feel the same way.

Yep!!! I find it incredibly amusing how many fans think they know better than Howland how many minutes Ready should be playing.