PDA

View Full Version : With the QB commit yesterday

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Here are some others that are close to being Bulldogs as well. I know this is early but recruiting that class is gonna jump into the fire really soon

Kylin Hill- RB Columbus-- Kylin likes to have fun. Likes to see his name in Twitter. But end of the day Kylin will be a Bulldog.

CJ Avery-LB/S Grenada-- my sources tell me this could be over like during the junior day period. A steal.

Ronald Ladd-LB Rosa Fort-- think Benardrick 2.0

Kendrick Carper-Ath Plain Dealing, LA-- kid loved us before Keytaon committed. Ours now if we want him.

Michael Carter- RB Navare, FL-- of course they will give Cam Akers their best shot. But this kid is another one that will be hard to turn down

Darius Maberry-RB Clinton-- while Akers gets all the pub, Clinton goes as Maberry goes. Could fill a need with Holloway leaving.

smootness
12-17-2015, 01:10 PM
The 2017 class definitely looks like it could be really, really good. Thompson and Hill would be a great way to kick it off.

msstate7
12-17-2015, 01:11 PM
The 2017 class definitely looks like it could be really, really good. Thompson and Hill would be a great way to kick it off.

We already have champion, Myers, and pierce... Pretty sure all were 4*'s out of HS

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Some other 2017 names to famiarlize yourselves with

WR - Justin Gibbs (GA)
LB - Wille Gay (Starkville)
DB - Brad Stewart (LA)
ATH - Kam White (Clinton)
S - J'marick Woods (AL)
OL - Lavante Epson (Washington School Academy)
OL - Jacob Rimmer (TN)
WR - Monterio Hunt (Walnut)
LB - Juwuan Jones (GA)
OL/DL - Saahdiq Charles (MRA)
DE - Aaron Odom (Calloway)
WR/TE - Austin Williams (Ocean Springs)
DL - Taekion Reed (New Hope)
ATH - Kaleem Reddix (St. Martin)
S - Abdural Lee (Starkville)

Of course we won't get all these kids but all of these kids have offers or will have offers eventually

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 01:34 PM
We already have champion, Myers, and pierce... Pretty sure all were 4*'s out of HS

I wouldn't bet on Myers ever making it to MSU.

Homedawg
12-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Here are some others that are close to being Bulldogs as well. I know this is early but recruiting that class is gonna jump into the fire really soon

Kylin Hill- RB Columbus-- Kylin likes to have fun. Likes to see his name in Twitter. But end of the day Kylin will be a Bulldog.

CJ Avery-LB/S Grenada-- my sources tell me this could be over like during the junior day period. A steal.

Kendrick Carper-Ath Plain Dealing, LA-- kid loved us before Keytaon committed. Ours now if we want him.

Michael Carter- RB Navare, FL-- of course they will give Cam Akers their best shot. But this kid is another one that will be hard to turn down

Darius Maberry-RB Clinton-- while Akers gets all the pub, Clinton goes as Maberry goes. Could fill a need with Holloway leaving.

Clinton goes as Maberry goes? Hmmm. I'll have to disagree w that one.... Otherwise Tks for info.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Disagree if you want. Everytime I watch them play and Maberry has a big game they win. If he is shut down it doesn't matter what Akers does

That being said I am not knocking Akers at all. He is the real deal. Just don't think Maberry gets the credit he deserves

BrunswickDawg
12-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Jones (Lanier), and Gibbs (Aquinas) both come from well coached programs that battle for titles. Jones is teammates with Derrick Brown.

msstate7
12-17-2015, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't bet on Myers ever making it to MSU.

Wow... Grades?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Wow... Grades?

Everything. Grades, attitude, play. I just think he has a lot of growing up to do & I'm not betting on him that he will.

FISHDAWG
12-17-2015, 02:18 PM
are we looking for any future schollie type kickers ?

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-17-2015, 02:24 PM
IYOK.....the punter from Madison Central this year, Jack Sims. Are we interested in him?

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Don't forget about Karon Delince and Nico Collins in 2017. Nico Collins would be a home run if we could somehow pull him away from Bama.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Is Cam Akers serious about his Bama commitment? He does realize Derrick Henry Jr., I mean Najee Harris is committed there right?

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Is Cam Akers serious about his Bama commitment? He does realize Derrick Henry Jr., I mean Najee Harris is committed there right?

If I'm not mistaken they actually have three backs in that class.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Yea because Bama has never had great multiple backs before....Akers would be more like Drake I would assume

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 02:43 PM
IYOK.....the punter from Madison Central this year, Jack Sims. Are we interested in him?

Maybe as a walk on prospect.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Don't forget about Karon Delince and Nico Collins in 2017. Nico Collins would be a home run if we could somehow pull him away from Bama.

I didn't list Nico because it's about a 0.0000002% chance he leaves the state. Karon is a good player just need to get some size on him.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 02:45 PM

I'll be very surprised if Cam commit sticks with Bama.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Yea because Bama has never had great multiple backs before....Akers would be more like Drake I would assume
Bama got the number one running back last year and next year as well..... Not too mention a few four stars in between. Cam better work if he wants to be the next Drake.

PassInterference
12-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Kylin Hill's video looks badass.

smootness
12-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Disagree if you want. Everytime I watch them play and Maberry has a big game they win. If he is shut down it doesn't matter what Akers does

That being said I am not knocking Akers at all. He is the real deal. Just don't think Maberry gets the credit he deserves

This may be true, but that doesn't necessarily signal that Maberry is better or even more valuable. I'm just speculating, but if Akers tears it up every week and Maberry is up and down, it would make sense that the team would be more likely to lose in the weeks Maberry is down.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-17-2015, 02:51 PM
I meant Drakes role not actually Drake caliber

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-17-2015, 02:54 PM
This may be true, but that doesn't necessarily signal that Maberry is better or even more valuable. I'm just speculating, but if Akers tears it up every week and Maberry is up and down, it would make sense that the team would be more likely to lose in the weeks Maberry is down.

Fair enough. But the jest of this thread was to list players I feel like MSU stands a better then average chance of getting. If you take a big back that's Hill. Who most like more then Akers. If you want a compliment you take Maberry or someone similar

Like I said I am not bashing Akers. He is beyond good. But so is Maberry.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Kylin Hill's video looks badass.

Best RB in the state.

preachermatt83
12-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Only gonna say this once.... There are two top notch HS programs in the Jackson area(just a few miles outside) that we likely won't be losing many kids out of. The kids HS coaches play way more into recruiting than many even realize and these two schools coaches are on "our team". Trust me.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-17-2015, 05:24 PM

Kendrick Carper-Ath Plain Dealing, LA-- kid loved us before Keytaon committed. Ours now if we want

LB - Wille Gay (Starkville)

ATH - Kam White (Clinton)

I get the Rosa Fort connection but I thought of Ladd more in the Wells role. Listed 6'2 200 he's gonna have to grow to get any Bmac comparisons. I could see Willie Gay in the Wells role also, so not sure where these guys will fit?

Do Carper & White both project as WR for us? Safety?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I get the Rosa Fort connection but I thought of Ladd more in the Wells role. Listed 6'2 200 he's gonna have to grow to get any Bmac comparisons. I could see Willie Gay in the Wells role also, so not sure where these guys will fit?

Neither Ladd or Gay are like Wells to me. Ladd will be a MLB. 6'2" 6'3" 225-230lbs once he fills out. Carper can play WR or Safety & White just keeps growing could be a WR, TE, Safety, or LB.

War Machine Dawg
12-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Guess I'll be the one to start asking: Where's the beef? Just 2 OL isn't good. We need to be signing a minimum of 5 per class.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 10:18 PM

I doubt Ladd will be as tall or as big as McKinney, but he's a player. I think because of Willie Gay, he will probably be an OLB. And I think Gay is going to be a MLB. I could possibly see CJ Avery playing the Wells role if he gets bigger, but too soon to know.

Personally, I think Carper is a WR. I don't know where White will play- my guess right now would be WR but I could see him playing safety or TE.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Guess I'll be the one to start asking: Where's the beef? Just 2 OL isn't good. We need to be signing a minimum of 5 per class.

I just listed 2 that we're on early. We already have 1 committed (Champion). I wasn't trying to list every kid we're recruiting.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 10:24 PM

I agree with you on this. I think we are looking good with Lavonte Epson from Washington School in Greenville and he is pretty highly thought of- I know Alabama was looking at him. We need some more prospects to emerge- I've heard that we're looking at Shaadiq Charles from MRA as IYOK said earlier and Jalen Bell from Amory. All of those players I mentioned are C/G types. There is a player who is an OT prospect from St. Aloysius named Ben Brown that we're looking at but he comes from an Ole Miss family.

Most of those guys are going to be camp guys if I had to guess unless there is a Lashley out there that I am unaware of.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 10:25 PM
I just listed 2 that we're on early. We already have 1 committed (Champion). I wasn't trying to list every kid we're recruiting.

Slacker.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Also, this is class of 2018 but there is a player from Jackson Prep named Nik Hogan that likes MSU a lot that might end up being an OT but that's way down the road. He's already 6'5" 255 and plays TE/DE for them as a sophomore. I could see him at DE/DT too.