PDA

View Full Version : We are to blame almost as much as anyone for OM recruiting success

Irondawg
12-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Starting thinking about this today. We had a chance to stop most of their big PR momentum swings if we just would have taken care of business on the field.

If we had beat them in Freeze's first year they would have been 5-7 and that meant no bowl game and real improvement to sell that big class. The last two years we could have kept them out of the big 6 bowl games. But we failed.

So clearly lately the Egg Bowl has been much more than just a game as it's giving them not only bragging rights inside the state, but a lot of stuff to sell to recruits outside the state. I really thing that's been helping them immensenly with these out of state guys they shold have little shot of signing, but keep doing it. Money talks, but nobody would make the jump if it was say KY doing this with their recent resume.

ScoobaDawg
12-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Yes we did. Do we really need to rehash this in a million threads though? Do we need to continue to pump their egos and give them more to use against us. No.
They are up right now. They cheated. Everyone knows it. Whether something is done about it or not... waits to be seen.

Dan will get us back.

sleepy dawg
12-17-2015, 11:19 AM
They had their best recruiting class ever after a 3 win season. I don't think their success has anything to do with their recruiting based on how they recruit and the guys they target.

HoopsDawg
12-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Meh, maybe a little. I blame Bama more than us. Their success in recruiting has very little to do with the Egg Bowl outcomes.

FISHDAWG
12-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Starting thinking about this today. We had a chance to stop most of their big PR momentum swings if we just would have taken care of business on the field.

If we had beat them in Freeze's first year they would have been 5-7 and that meant no bowl game and real improvement to sell that big class. The last two years we could have kept them out of the big 6 bowl games. But we failed.

So clearly lately the Egg Bowl has been much more than just a game as it's giving them not only bragging rights inside the state, but a lot of stuff to sell to recruits outside the state. I really thing that's been helping them immensenly with these out of state guys they shold have little shot of signing, but keep doing it. Money talks, but nobody would make the jump if it was say KY doing this with their recent resume.

I don't think that beating MSU helps them on a nationwide effort ... it's more than just an EB win ... I see elements of their fanbase stroking the targeted recruits egos on social media - I've seen pics @ the Library during their big cruitin weekend - I think Freeze is a better recruiter than we give him credit for ........ and then there's always an imagination of the rest of this story .... bottom line is they are def all-in on cruiting ....... I don't know how far away we recruit but I seldom see an offer to the very top recruits, the ones that we know are long shots but quite often I will see where OM has already offered ..... you can't get these types if you dont at least offer - who know's, one day one of them might actually mistake us for OM and have a look at us before throwing the invite away

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-17-2015, 11:25 AM
I for one am SICK AND 17'n TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THEM AND THEIR RECRUITING ACCOLADES!!

maroonmania
12-17-2015, 11:30 AM

Their current recruiting success is not based on whether they beat us or not and that first full Freeze class that was ranked in the Top 10 was going to happen whether they went 5-7 or 6-6. The things they needed to do to secure those players were already put in motion well before the Egg Bowl.

Jacksondevildog
12-17-2015, 11:33 AM
They were signing Tunsil, Conner, the the Nkemdiche brothers regardless if they went 5-7 or 6-6 Freeze's first year. The most concerning thing is we have kids from Starkville and West Point that we haven't locked up yet. That shit wouldn't happen in Oxford.

ScoobaDawg
12-17-2015, 11:34 AM
I for one am SICK AND 17'n TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THEM AND THEIR RECRUITING ACCOLADES!!

Exactly. this isn't the Black Bears board.