drummerdawg
12-16-2015, 10:30 PM
https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/677322706887442432

Coach007
12-16-2015, 10:36 PM
We had better sign the Canadian.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2015, 10:37 PM
He's having something early next week. Nothing has changed.

Coach007
12-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Regardless of AJ... Our wr class is going to be great.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Regardless of AJ... Our wr class is going to be great.

Huh?

Coach007
12-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Huh?

We are going to be set at that position inspite of what AJ does.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 11:06 PM
We are going to be set at that position inspite of what AJ does.

Makes sense. Lose a future pro and we are fine....more ignorant logic.

Bully13
12-16-2015, 11:20 PM
if we lose AJ to OM, people will finally understand what I said 15 years ago on other boards. the tobacco lawsuits were the downfall of MSU athletics.

I seen it dawg
12-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Reading some of these post while taking a dump is appropriate each am...

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 09:12 AM
If we lose AJ to ole miss I'll torch the grove myself.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
12-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Can't open twitter on the company computer. What's it say?

Edit to say never mind. found it on my phone.

Jarius
12-17-2015, 09:48 AM
If we lose AJ to ole miss I'll torch the grove myself.

Chill out Harvey. It will never be that big of a deal

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Chill out Harvey. It will never be that big of a deal

It was a joke. Lol I'm not that crazy

Shooter McGavin
12-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Rumors on the other board that Sullivan is off the board now. What are you hearing IYOK?

Coach34
12-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Rumors on the other board that Sullivan is off the board now. What are you hearing IYOK?

Well that was a bad set of blue balls

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 05:32 PM

Really..... Why would he be off the board? Let me guess..... someone saw something on twitter. Sullivan isn't off the board. He's thinking of pushing his decision back to figure things out. We're telling him that he's going to be one of the guys next year. TCU is telling him that's he's going to be the guy next year. I think he's leaning to TCU, but I think he likes our coaches better..... so it's making it a tough decision for him. But the dude is definitely not off our board.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 05:33 PM

What other board? I haven't heard anything like that. People are just taking this he's not announcing Friday & running with it that he's not coming to MSU.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Really..... Why would he be off the board? Let me guess..... someone saw something on twitter. Sullivan isn't off the board. He's thinking of pushing his decision back to figure things out. We're telling him that he's going to be one of the guys next year. TCU is telling him that's he's going to be the guy next year. I think he's leaning to TCU, but I think he likes our coaches better..... so it's making it a tough decision for him. But the dude is definitely not off our board.

Our position with Sullivan hasn't changed in the last few days. Will it? Anything is possible but we still very confident that he will be a Dawg.

ScoobaDawg
12-17-2015, 05:41 PM
PEOPLE REALLY need to calm down... Now I don't have any insight at all. But all this rampant. Oh this other board, oh this twitter feed is blowing things up. Stay the course. If IYOK feels good about it.. We are good.

maroonmania

Are our coaches really this inept at recruiting? He is no more guaranteed to be THE guy at TCU than he would be with us NEXT year but you have to sell a guy on wanting to come to your school so how about sugarcoating things every now and then. Its really after they arrive when you determine what role they actually end up with anyway. You just can't consistently get the top elite players by doing nothing but preaching to them how hard its going to be for them to earn playing time.

msstate7
Basketball sucks and recruiting drives me insane... I really should just take a break from from message boards till after signing day. I love and hate recruiting at the same time... It's like falling for a girl thats no good and you can't make yourself walk away

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 05:42 PM

If it's Rosebowl's board, don't pay any attention to it.

Coach34
12-17-2015, 05:43 PM
I hate recruiting. Worst 2 months is when we suck in basketball and recruiting is going on. Its like dealing with used car salesmen everyday and your check bouncing every Wednesday and Saturday

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 05:44 PM
What other board? I haven't heard anything like that. People are just taking this he's not announcing Friday & running with it that he's not coming to MSU.

The sky HAS to be falling.

maroonmania
12-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Basketball sucks and recruiting drives me insane... I really should just take a break from from message boards till after signing day. I love and hate recruiting at the same time... It's like falling for a girl thats no good and you make yourself walk away

Agreed, I think I need to find another hobby at least until baseball starts and then hope real hard that they don't totally disappoint.

maroonmania
12-17-2015, 05:46 PM
I hate recruiting. Worst 2 months is when we suck in basketball and recruiting is going on. Its like dealing with used car salesmen everyday and your check bouncing every Wednesday and Saturday

Guess it depends on how good your coaching staff is at it. I thoroughly enjoyed the basketball recruiting we just completed.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Are our coaches really this inept at recruiting? He is no more guaranteed to be THE guy at TCU than he would be with us NEXT year but you have to sell a guy on wanting to come to your school so how about sugarcoating things every now and then. Its really after they arrive when you determine what role they actually end up with anyway. You just can't consistently get the top elite players by doing nothing but preaching to them how hard its going to be for them to earn playing time.

Sometimes I wish we did sugar coat the recruiting scene, but Mullen makes it a point to tell recruits they will have to work for their spot on the team. Yes, you lose some top recruits acting this way. But you also avoid Kyler Murray's joining the team. And yes, stars are nice and top recruiting classes are nice. But you have to make sure you don't recruit a guy who thinks he's bigger than the team. You let a recruit know he has to work for a position, and you start building respect for each other right there. If you tell a recruit everything they want to hear, you risk having an "Inmates running the asylum" situation. Van Jefferson at OM is a good example. He redshirted this year..... if he doesn't get significant playing time next year, expect some Kyler Murray ramifications.

Coach34
12-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Sometimes I wish we did sugar coat the recruiting scene, but Mullen makes it a point to tell recruits they will have to work for their spot on the team. Yes, you lose some top recruits acting this way. But you also avoid Kyler Murray's joining the team. And yes, stars are nice and top recruiting classes are nice. But you have to make sure you don't recruit a guy who thinks he's bigger than the team. You let a recruit know he has to work for a position, and you start building respect for each other right there. If you tell a recruit everything they want to hear, you risk having an "Inmates running the asylum" situation. Van Jefferson at OM is a good example. He redshirted this year..... if he doesn't get significant playing time next year, expect some Kyler Murray ramifications.

Yep- and this is why we will never have a top 10 class under Mullen. It's that simple. We preach to each recruit how they have to come in and work to get their spot. How hard we are going to work them to make them better. Freezus sets them up with Hooters Girls out of Memphis and lets the town of Oxford put on its show. Oxford becomes the town in the Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm during recruiting season. We dont do it that way

Shooter McGavin
12-17-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm calm. Was just asking what IYOK had heard. And I agree if he says we are in good shape that's all I need to know.

Shooter McGavin
12-17-2015, 06:11 PM
No idea if it was a twitter rumor. If that had been stated I would have disregarded it. You can't pay attention to an 18 year olds twitter.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm calm. Was just asking what IYOK had heard. And I agree if he says we are in good shape that's all I need to know.

I think your concern comes from the post on 247 where people thought McInnis hinted at getting an offer on twitter. However, he's still up in the air.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Yep- and this is why we will never have a top 10 class under Mullen. It's that simple. We preach to each recruit how they have to come in and work to get their spot. How hard we are going to work them to make them better. Freezus sets them up with Hooters Girls out of Memphis and lets the town of Oxford put on its show. Oxford becomes the town in the Chevy Chase movie Funny Farm during recruiting season. We dont do it that way

Should we do it that way?

I'll eat my words if proven wrong, but I don't think you win championships like that either. I'm not sure that's MSU's path to success anyway. We are Michigan State of the SEC. It's not sexy but it really can't be. It's not who we are as an institution or people. If Mullen can stay in top 20, with the way he runs his program, we should have enough talent to compete for the West.

mic
12-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Should we do it that way?

I'll eat my words if proven wrong, but I don't think you win championships like that either. I'm not sure that's MSU's path to success anyway. We are Michigan State of the SEC. It's not sexy but it really can't be. It's not who we are as an institution or people. If Mullen can stay in top 20, with the way he runs his program, we should have enough talent to compete for the West.

Well until we starting recruiting better up front doesn't matter where we finish in recruiting..
Mich state is very good up front...

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Well until we starting recruiting better up front doesn't matter where we finish in recruiting..

Completely agree with that.

sandwolf
12-17-2015, 06:35 PM

I agree. It is fine to let them know that they are going to have to work to succeed in our program.......but don't make it the focal point of your recruiting pitch.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 06:38 PM

Their defense is full of 4* players. Their offensive line are all 4* linemen except for Conklin who was a 5*. Malik McDowell is their 5* DL and he was way more productive then Chris Jones. IJ Scott is on a different level for running backs (Le'Veon Bell with the star rating). I think they also have top-15 recruiting class this year. I know this will piss some people off, but we are more comparable to Iowa. They don't recruit the top recruits in the nation, but they emphasize effort and hard work. They had a top - 4 team this year with a bunch of blue collar players.

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2015, 06:44 PM
I swear some people shouldn't follow recruiting.

BankerDog
12-17-2015, 06:54 PM
So to get Malik Dear we tell him he can play slot, we keep our promise, and people wanna gripe because we do play him in the slot when he should be at RB?

You can't have it both ways guys. Either you get behind the cause and start pulling the weight like the other guys do. Or you can sit here and complain about every little thing we do. Personally, I would like to see us pulling our own weight and working together. Because sooner or later the consistent bickering will be used against us.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 06:58 PM
So to get Malik Dear we tell him he can play slot, we keep our promise, and people wanna gripe because we do play him in the slot when he should be at RB?

You can't have it both ways guys. Either you get behind the cause and start pulling the weight like the other guys do. Or you can sit here and complain about every little thing we do. Personally, I would like to see us pulling our own weight and working together. Because sooner or later the consistent bickering will be used against us.

We also told Dear he had to work to get the position. He wasn't told that the position was his. Mullen still thinks Dear is a slot receiver. He doesn't think he's an RB. I think Gibson is going to shut a lot of you up though once he gets his opportunity this Spring.

Really Clark?
12-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Completely agree with that.

Their defense is full of 4* players. Their offensive line are all 4* linemen except for Conklin who was a 5*. Malik McDowell is their 5* DL and he was way more productive then Chris Jones. IJ Scott is on a different level for running backs (Le'Veon Bell with the star rating). I think they also have top-15 recruiting class this year. I know this will piss some people off, but we are more comparable to Iowa. They don't recruit the top recruits in the nation, but they emphasize effort and hard work. They had a top - 4 team this year with a bunch of blue collar players.

I don't think that's correct. I know Conklin was unranked not a 5 star and I think three of the other starters were 3 stars. They are upper class men. Except the one 4 star in rival who was a 3 star on scout is in his second year. They also have over half of the defense as 3 stars.

ETA. Found this link comparing their starters to Bama.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/12/a_look_at_how_michigan_state_a.html

Really Clark?
12-17-2015, 07:21 PM

Their starting line is 1 unranked player, 3-3 stars, and one borderline 4 star depending on the service. Not much difference. 4 of their starters have been in the system for 3+ years.

defiantdog
12-17-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't think that's correct. I know Conklin was unranked not a 5 star and I think three of the other starters were 3 stars. They are upper class men. Except the one 4 star in rival who was a 3 star on scout is in his second year. They also have over half of the defense as 3 stars.

ETA. Found this link comparing their starters to Bama.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/12/a_look_at_how_michigan_state_a.html

Jack Conklin NR? He may have been a 4* on a few sites, but was mainly a 5* recruit. That article got lazy if they listed him as NR. Lawrence Thomas (4*) and Malik McDowell (5*) would fight for a spot on Bama's DLine. I'm not saying they would start, but they would definitely be considered.

Really Clark?
12-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Jack Conklin NR? He may have been a 4* on a few sites, but was mainly a 5* recruit. That article got lazy if they listed him as NR. Lawrence Thomas (4*) and Malik McDowell (5*) would fight for a spot on Bama's DLine. I'm not saying they would start, but they would definitely be considered.

No. I went back to the sites. Conklin was an unranked recruit on 247, ESPN, Rivals and scout. NR composite on 247. That was just an easy link. And I didn't say they didn't have any highly rated defensive players but the majority is made of 3 star guys.