PDA

View Full Version : Some Positives so some of you don't build a bomb shelter

defiantdog
12-16-2015, 07:46 PM
- Next year, we are guaranteed to have another 6'5" wide receiver. May it be McInnis or Sullivan, we'll have some height there. If we pull Sullivan, he'll be behind Bear with AJ starting on the other side of the field. Fitz has the opportunity to have a better receiving core to throw at then Dak. So, all of you ****s who think we're losing every recruiting battle can suck it.

- Fred Ross is going to be a monster next year. He's set on playing the slot position, and I expect him to increase his draft stock next year. He seems to have progressed better than any receiver we have right now. He has turned into a sure handed receiver.

- Last year I thought Fitz was going to be the back up to Staley. Now, the table has turned tremendously. Staley is talented..... no doubt about it. But he hasn't hit that maturity level that Mullen likes to implant into his qbs. Fitz has it. He's not quite the leader, but Dak isn't gone yet. Expect Fitz to step up in a big way. I just hope he can learn to control his emotions. A good qb is like a good golfer. You can't tell when they've made a good or bad play..... they instill the same emotions for both situations.

- The offensive line is going to be sink or swim. Just by getting a feel for what the coaches are doing, I'm expecting Rankin @ LT, Desper @ LG, Clayborn @ C, Calhoun @ RG and Senior @ RT. This is a raw group. I'd feel more comfortable moving Williams to LG over Desper, but I think the coaches want Desper in there for some reason. Either way, Rankin and Senior should do the part at the tackle positions. Rankin is starting to get in the groove, and Senior has 2 years of starting under his belt. It's either go or quit for him.

- Again, I can't stress enough how good our linebackers look. I know everyone (including myself) got over hyped about hearing that Green has the opportunity to move to DE for the bowl game and future games after that. But he is really setting the stage for the MLB position. Granted he may still line up in a stand up DE position, but I don't see the coaches moving him to the DE full time. Now, imagine us in 4-2-5 with Leo and Green controlling the middle of the field.

- Our defensive line is looking like this for next year..... DEs - AJ Jefferson & Jonathan Calvin (Kendall Jones and Anfernee Mullins will fight for a spot as well here. Jones for his size and Mullins for his speed.) DTs - Nick James & Nelson Adams (Cory Thomas should be a factor next year. He's a lean 300 pounder.) I expect Chris Jones to bolt even if he gets a 3rd to 4th round grade.

- New 2017 commit Keytaon Thompson was a huge get. Correct me if I'm wrong Ifyouonlyknew, but I think Keytaon is an EE. So we should get him on campus next January. Of course, by the time he gets the opportunity to stand behind center..... we should have Champion and Lashley blocking for him. Williams should progress into a good guard, but we're currently ****ed for the center position unless Moon flips a switch. He's a smart guy, so maybe he creates a mean streak and gets on it.

- I still think 2016 is a building year..... we have a new qb, new faces on the defensive line and inexperienced dbs (if Smokey doesn't beat out Cleveland in the Spring, we may have issues. Durr may be able to make a splash here.). But it's going to be a year to gain experience. Coman is going to hand off the commanding of the defense to Peters. Leo, Green, Jung and Washington are going to get valuable experience. I also expect AJ Brown, Jeffery Simmons, Kobe Jones and possibly Nigel Knott to hit the field early next year. 2017 looks to be our year for a lot of key players to hit max potential.

- The future looks bright..... we're getting some talent to Starkville.

Big4Dawg
12-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Yes, Thompson is an EE.

- Again, I can't stress enough how good our linebackers look. I know everyone (including myself) got over hyped about hearing that Green has the opportunity to move to DE for the bowl game and future games after that. But he is really setting the stage for the MLB position. Granted he may still line up in a stand up DE position, but I don't see the coaches moving him to the DE full time. Now, imagine us in 4-2-5 with Leo and Green controlling the middle of the field.

So where do you think Leo plays next year? 3rd MLB and behind Green for 2 years after that? Seems like we'd be wasting his talent

Todd4State
12-16-2015, 08:01 PM
GREAT thoughts.

If we land Jamal Couch and Sullivan which is very possible, I wonder if we play Brown in the slot some? I think that's very possible- and AJ is a beast that can play outside or in the slot. Then we would have two 6'5" WR's on the outside to go with AJ at one of the marquee positions in our offense.

I like your offensive line. I can see Jenkins starting over Senior. They've benched Senior once- I don't see them having a problem doing it again.

I think our front seven is going to be the strength of our defense next year- and I do see Green becoming a DE full time. He's about 6'4" 260 which is pretty big for a MIKE LB. Plus, I think we end up with Leo Lewis playing MIKE. Putting Green at DE gives us a way to get both on the field more at the same time. Simmons will play immediately for us next year as well.

Keytaon is an EE and is going to be our highest rated QB recruit in the Dan Mullen era. We just had to wait seven years to get our Cam finally.

I agree on 2016 being a rebuilding year. We have a new QB, no running back who has stepped forward and become a guy that can rush for 1000 next year, and I can't see our o-line being much better. Plus issues in the secondary. I can't see them having Coman hand off the defense to Peters. The coaches love Coman- and they'll go to a nickel look with Peters before they take Coman off the field.

I think moving to center is a good move- he knows Tiano pretty well. I think that might be part of the equation as well.

2017 is going to be a great class for us. We should come pretty close to cleaning out the state.

defiantdog
12-16-2015, 08:07 PM
Yes, Thompson is an EE.

So where do you think Leo plays next year? 3rd MLB and behind Green for 2 years after that? Seems like we'd be wasting his talent

Leo's going to get on the field next year. He's turning into the #1 ILB we all thought he'd be.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 08:50 PM
- Next year, we are guaranteed to have another 6'5" wide receiver. May it be McInnis or Sullivan, we'll have some height there. If we pull Sullivan, he'll be behind Bear with AJ starting on the other side of the field. Fitz has the opportunity to have a better receiving core to throw at then Dak. So, all of you ****s who think we're losing every recruiting battle can suck it.

- Fred Ross is going to be a monster next year. He's set on playing the slot position, and I expect him to increase his draft stock next year. He seems to have progressed better than any receiver we have right now. He has turned into a sure handed receiver.

- Last year I thought Fitz was going to be the back up to Staley. Now, the table has turned tremendously. Staley is talented..... no doubt about it. But he hasn't hit that maturity level that Mullen likes to implant into his qbs. Fitz has it. He's not quite the leader, but Dak isn't gone yet. Expect Fitz to step up in a big way. I just hope he can learn to control his emotions. A good qb is like a good golfer. You can't tell when they've made a good or bad play..... they instill the same emotions for both situations.

- The offensive line is going to be sink or swim. Just by getting a feel for what the coaches are doing, I'm expecting Rankin @ LT, Desper @ LG, Clayborn @ C, Calhoun @ RG and Senior @ RT. This is a raw group. I'd feel more comfortable moving Williams to LG over Desper, but I think the coaches want Desper in there for some reason. Either way, Rankin and Senior should do the part at the tackle positions. Rankin is starting to get in the groove, and Senior has 2 years of starting under his belt. It's either go or quit for him.

- Our defensive line is looking like this for next year..... DEs - AJ Jefferson & Jonathan Calvin (Kendall Jones and Anfernee Mullins will fight for a spot as well here. Jones for his size and Mullins for his speed.) DTs - Nick James & Nelson Adams (Cory Thomas should be a factor next year. He's a lean 300 pounder.) I expect Chris Jones to bolt even if he gets a 3rd to 4th round grade.

- New 2017 commit Keytaon Thompson was a huge get. Correct me if I'm wrong Ifyouonlyknew, but I think Keytaon is an EE. So we should get him on campus next January. Of course, by the time he gets the opportunity to stand behind center..... we should have Champion and Lashley blocking for him. Williams should progress into a good guard, but we're currently ****ed for the center position unless Moon flips a switch. He's a smart guy, so maybe he creates a mean streak and gets on it.

- I still think 2016 is a building year..... we have a new qb, new faces on the defensive line and inexperienced dbs (if Smokey doesn't beat out Cleveland in the Spring, we may have issues. Durr may be able to make a splash here.). But it's going to be a year to gain experience. Coman is going to hand off the commanding of the defense to Peters. Leo, Green, Jung and Washington are going to get valuable experience. I also expect AJ Brown, Jeffery Simmons, Kobe Jones and possibly Nigel Knott to hit the field early next year. 2017 looks to be our year for a lot of key players to hit max potential.

Again, Chris jones is gone. Not speculation, he's informed is officially. Not that anyone is surprised.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 08:52 PM

And I repeat Kobe jones isn't a early contributor, he will redshirt. And IF he doesn't, then we are super weak at that position. He needs to redshirt and he will be fine down the road, but not next year.

msstate7
12-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Again, Chris jones is gone. Not speculation, he's informed is officially. Not that anyone is surprised.

Bear?
Senior? Haha

Coach34
12-16-2015, 08:54 PM

Yep- now just waiting to see if Wilson has changed his mind

Jack Lambert
12-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Is this Green the one who got arrested and if so is he going to play in the bowl game?

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Is this Green the one who got arrested and if so is he going to play in the bowl game?

I'd say it's up in the air.......

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-16-2015, 09:26 PM

I wonder how many times a week Freeze will call him now. I still want to know the details on that situation.

MSUDawg13
12-16-2015, 09:34 PM

- The future looks bright..... we're getting some talent to Starkville.[/QUOTE]

Very insightful post and I appreciate the optimism. However, are you that confident that we land all of these guys? It seems a bit premature to be saying you expect them to get immediate playing time when we don't seem to be leading in all of their recruitments.

Disclaimer: I'm not an avid recruiting follower, so I am ignorant on the subject.

Coach34
12-16-2015, 09:47 PM

Very insightful post and I appreciate the optimism. However, are you that confident that we land all of these guys? It seems a bit premature to be saying you expect them to get immediate playing time when we don't seem to be leading in all of their recruitments.

Disclaimer: I'm not an avid recruiting follower, so I am ignorant on the subject.[/QUOTE]

who do we not lead on?

bulldawg28
12-16-2015, 09:54 PM
So Staley hasn't matured because he's athletic enough and playing two sports? Wtf? The Qb battle hasn't even begun for next year.

MSUDawg13
12-16-2015, 10:04 PM

Disclaimer: I'm not an avid recruiting follower, so I am ignorant on the subject.

who do we not lead on?[/QUOTE]

Simmons and Knott

Coach34
12-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Simmons and Knott

We'll see on that

mparkerfd20
12-16-2015, 10:10 PM
So Staley hasn't matured because he's athletic enough and playing two sports? Wtf? The Qb battle hasn't even begun for next year.

You'll learn very quickly that it's been over for a while. You're just way behind.

defiantdog
12-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Sit through a practice then tell me your opinion.

TUSK
12-16-2015, 11:54 PM
minimum 8" walls, floor and ceiling with #5/6 rebar 12" o.c. in a symmetrical grid and pour monolithically (if possible)...

6' of compacted soil over top.

Bully13
12-17-2015, 12:00 AM
the confeds have things all under control. the tobacco money has them all paid off. you guys don't know what we're dealing with here.

cheewgumm
12-17-2015, 12:07 AM
We just have to cheat better.

But don't sell me the "our 3 stars are better than their 5 stars" this year.

TUSK
12-17-2015, 12:11 AM

^THIS^ is correct... good to see ya again, Cheewie...

Homedawg
12-17-2015, 12:16 AM

It's so easy.....

Political Hack
12-17-2015, 12:32 AM
AJ, Nick James, Adams, C. Thompson, Gerri Green, Bennie B., Richie B., Leo, JT, Brandon Bryant, McLaurin, Smokey, & Cleveland will all be getting snaps next year. I'm not scared of any of those guys being on the field. We can run just about anything in the front 7. If they're disruptive, and they should be between Nick, AJ, Gerri, Beni, and Richie, the back end of the defense won't have near as much pressure.

Mullen isn't a dummy. The defense will have to be a priority next year for us to have a good year. It's boom or bust based on them. Manny is going to have his stage to see just how good he is. We should be able to matchup with every team we play outside of Bama's OL and LSU's skill positions.

Bully13
12-17-2015, 12:58 AM
remain calm. nothing to see here. the dumpster fire you see can be put out immediately but we are just doing a trial run for practice. all is well the last 2 egg bowls were just figments of your imagination.

DancingRabbit
12-17-2015, 01:15 AM
remain calm. nothing to see here. the dumpster fire you see can be put out immediately but we are just doing a trial run for practice. all is well the last 2 egg bowls were just figments of your imagination.

We could fire Keenum, Stricklin and Mullen. After all, we did lose 4 games.

or you could man up and tell your OM wife/boss to stfu.

Life goes on. Your shit is past being old.

Todd4State
12-17-2015, 01:45 AM
We could fire Keenum, Stricklin and Mullen. After all, we did lose 4 games.

or you could man up and tell your OM wife/boss to stfu.

Life goes on. Your shit is past being old.

You have other options.