PDA

View Full Version : Tre Brown is officially a Dawg

Westdawg
12-16-2015, 12:58 PM
A lot of you may remember Tre's recruitment when he was a senior at Ackerman a couple years back.
A lot of ppl thought he was a quality prospect then, but was a grade casualty if memory serves me right.

Mullen just posted on FB that Tre is now officially a Bulldog.
DT, 6'4", 292 lbs.

Thoughts??

Saltydog
12-16-2015, 12:59 PM
nt

mparkerfd20
12-16-2015, 01:06 PM
nt

Yes. Both he and Lashard Durr went the JUCO route at Co-lin and joined officially today.

MafiaDawg
12-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Yay? Who did we beat for brown?

mstatefan91
12-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Tre Brown
http://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Brown-30095

Lashard Durr
http://247sports.com/Player/Lashard-Durr-30230

HoopsDawg
12-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Yay? Who did we beat for brown?

No one.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Yep. 24/7 says we were his only offer...period...at all.

Jack Lambert
12-16-2015, 01:26 PM
Can Coaches comment on recruits? What's the rule?

Political Hack
12-16-2015, 01:27 PM
He was 292 and played in a stand up DE position, which means he can move his feet pretty well. He's a developmental guy IMO, so I wouldn't be shocked with a RS year as he transitions to DT and gets stronger. He's athletic for a big man though.

Political Hack
12-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Can Coaches comment on recruits? What's the rule?

Early enrollees are fine to discuss, but he can't say other recruits names until they sign in Feb.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2015, 01:33 PM
He was 292 and played in a stand up DE position, which means he can move his feet pretty well. He's a developmental guy IMO, so I wouldn't be shocked with a RS year as he transitions to DT and gets stronger. He's athletic for a big man though.

You really shouldn't be signing "developmental" jucos. At least he is a Dec grad.

BulldogDX55
12-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Yep. 24/7 says we were his only offer...period...at all.

Most likely because he stayed committed to us while at Co-Lin and others didn't bother. According to his High School profile, we beat out Ole Miss and Southern for him.

For Durr, he also shows no JUCO offers, but his high school profile shows offers from Oklahoma, Lala, and La Tech.

17thebears
12-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Most likely because he is not an SEC caliber football player.

FIFY

MafiaDawg
12-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Sounds like we really hit it big today* what a joke

Really Clark?
12-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Sullivan and Gooden are announcing the next few days. Don't know why you thought more was going to be announced today?

HoopsDawg
12-16-2015, 02:29 PM

We live in the most talent rich Juco system in the country and we only sign 2 guys. The Kang is crying. But hey Calhoun had a Minnesota offer, so what can you do.

mic
12-16-2015, 02:42 PM
We live in the most talent rich Juco system in the country and we only sign 2 guys. The Kang is crying. But hey Calhoun had a Minnesota offer, so what can you do.

The juco talent this year wasn't off the charts by any means...
And yeah I bet Brown red shirts and I bet Durr plays and hopefully plays well...
Shit we eve dropped a guy ( Cooper) and didn't even go after Ronald Walker .( both in the top 15 available)

lawdawg
12-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Can he play LT?

QuadrupleOption
12-16-2015, 02:48 PM

Don't be a douche.

mic
12-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Can he play LT?

No but Lashley can play OT...

mic
12-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Most likely because he stayed committed to us while at Co-Lin and others didn't bother. According to his High School profile, we beat out Ole Miss and Southern for him.

For Durr, he also shows no JUCO offers, but his high school profile shows offers from Oklahoma, Lala, and La Tech.

It goes both ways once they hit the juco circuit...
Ronald Walker 4* ( ole miss) now going to Louisville
Brandon Hill 4* ( Bama ) now go to UAB

smootness
12-16-2015, 03:04 PM
It's threads like this that remind me that sometimes fans of college athletics just suck.

Westdawg
12-16-2015, 03:29 PM

You honestly have no idea who these guys are.
When Tre was a senior, he was considered a "tweener" because no one was really sure where he might end up (DT/DE). He wasn't nearly as big as he is now - at least 25+ lbs heavier, and he's faster than he was. He was a known grade casualty, so not many ppl even looked at him. He was also very known to be a huge State kid, so not many even attempted to get on him in either HS or JUCO.
I remember that he was a really really good player in HS but being from a 2A school hurt his recruitment coverage some as well.

Durr is a really good CB, and if you had seen him play at all, you would see that this is a guy that can come in and should immediately compete for a starting spot. The only knock on him is that he is a legit 5'11". we have gotten used to having CBs that are a couple inches taller, but he is a definite upgrade over Cleveland and should be able to produce as well as Calhoun did this year....but that's JMHO.
....but by all means, bash him if it makes you feel better today.

BrunswickDawg
12-16-2015, 04:25 PM
It's threads like this that remind me that sometimes fans of college athletics just suck.
No doubt.

PlattsburgDawg
12-16-2015, 07:21 PM
You honestly have no idea who these guys are.
When Tre was a senior, he was considered a "tweener" because no one was really sure where he might end up (DT/DE). He wasn't nearly as big as he is now - at least 25+ lbs heavier, and he's faster than he was. He was a known grade casualty, so not many ppl even looked at him. He was also very known to be a huge State kid, so not many even attempted to get on him in either HS or JUCO.
I remember that he was a really really good player in HS but being from a 2A school hurt his recruitment coverage some as well.

Durr is a really good CB, and if you had seen him play at all, you would see that this is a guy that can come in and should immediately compete for a starting spot. The only knock on him is that he is a legit 5'11". we have gotten used to having CBs that are a couple inches taller, but he is a definite upgrade over Cleveland and should be able to produce as well as Calhoun did this year....but that's JMHO.
....but by all means, bash him if it makes you feel better today.

I'll add, if you have seen co-Lin play this year, Durr is much better than Walker.(Regardless of the ranking). The staff evaluated Walker and at one time I thought they might take him, but they decided to pass.

I seen it dawg
12-16-2015, 07:25 PM

No shit. And the ones here that are just being total shitbags it's time to check it. It's played out and tired.

mic
12-16-2015, 07:28 PM
I'll add, if you have seen co-Lin play this year, Durr is much better than Walker.(Regardless of the ranking). The staff evaluated Walker and at one time I thought they might take him, but they decided to pass.

Exactly...
We basically got who we wanted this year in the juco ranks...

mic
12-16-2015, 07:29 PM
No shit. And the ones here that are just being total shitbags it's time to check it. It's played out and tired.

Agreed..

Schultzy
12-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Total mean streak guy, much needed.

MafiaDawg
12-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Point being we just signed a developmental juco DT with no other offers while ole miss signs the top Tackle in the nation. We're not going to compete this way. I hope he turns out great but this is not a recipe for success more often than not.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Point being we just signed a developmental juco DT with no other offers while ole miss signs the top Tackle in the nation. We're not going to compete this way. I hope he turns out great but this is not a recipe for success more often than not.

There is a simple solution to this problem. Pony up or stfu. That simple.

Coach34
12-16-2015, 09:31 PM
We wont ever have a top 10 recruiting class under Dan Mullen. Thats not how they operate.

MafiaDawg
12-16-2015, 09:39 PM
that's a bullshit response. So people who buy season tickets and donate to the bulldog club can't bitch about our below average recruiting bc we don't pay recruits cash? Got it.

Really Clark?
12-16-2015, 09:52 PM
that's a bullshit response. So people who buy season tickets and donate to the bulldog club can't bitch about our below average recruiting bc we don't pay recruits cash? Got it.

Well seeing how we are not below average in recruiting then you are right, you can't complain.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 10:00 PM

Based on how it works? Yea. Pretty much. You can bitch all you want, but get w reality. And maybe I'm not speaking to you, however, we have plenty of people that say we need to pony up, as long as it's not them....I'm not saying you have to pay anything. But don't complain when we lose player x. Sorry, just how it is.....

MafiaDawg
12-16-2015, 10:01 PM

MafiaDawg
12-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Well seeing how we are not below average in recruiting then you are right, you can't complain.

In the SEC, you know the league we play in, we are certainly below average on every single recruiting ranking.

Coach34
12-16-2015, 10:04 PM
In the SEC, you know the league we play in, we are certainly below average on every single recruiting ranking.

Signing Day hasnt arrived yet- so let's wait until the final horn sounds.

Really Clark?
12-16-2015, 10:06 PM

When we start having losing seasons then we can talk about below average recruiting. Don't let recruiting rankings out weigh actual performance. That is the true player evaluation.

Homedawg
12-16-2015, 10:27 PM

Here's the problem, IF we recruit a top 20 class we will still be 6th in the west. That's not below avg. it's just below avg in our side of the league. Hard to gain ground on our side. Just the way it is.

I seen it dawg
12-17-2015, 06:37 AM

Yeah the ole crootin rankings....the A #1 sole thing to stake your season on every year.

17thebears
12-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Signing Day hasnt arrived yet- so let's wait until the final horn sounds.

Tell em, Coach. People tend to forget that Mullen always finishes strong!

djaymsu5
12-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Man Durr can ball. I like how physical he is and he jams well at the line of scrimmage. The biggest thing you can't teach with him is that speed he can fly. He's not going to get burnt very often and he's fast enough even if he does he may catch back up. Also did anyone notice how good of the angles he takes towards the person with the ball. He had instincts and that's something you can't teach either. Cleveland and some others can take some awful angles. Can't wait to get this guy on campus. I hope if he is the better corner then we actually put him on the field and not try and waste him. This kid will be better than any corner we have on the roster except for maybe one other guy.

Bothrops
12-17-2015, 10:04 AM
You really shouldn't be signing "developmental" jucos. At least he is a Dec grad.

He will compete early. We are not by any means "stellar" at DT.