PDA

View Full Version : Timely article

shannondawg
12-16-2015, 09:47 AM
The Tupelo Journal has a article on what a great hire Freesus was and how smart Archie was to hire him.

TSUNami
12-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Win the spin!!!

maroonmania
12-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Well its always nice to have 90% of the media in you hip pocket although not sure how many folks actually still read newspaper articles anymore. Of course they have most of the bloggers and talking heads cheerleading for them as well. Heck, Paul Finebaum seems to slobber all over Freeze every time he has him.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Yep, if an elite prospective student athete wants to go play for a coach that will never hold you accountable for your actions...even to the point that it may end up costing you your life...then that is the place to go. Now, if you are just a roster filler guy or some scrub brought in to get your best friend or brother then beware that you could easily end up cut as soon as you are no longer needed or you are needed to take the fall for what one of the elites did. Sammie Epps, I bet you can testify to the latter. In fact, if you have had more ruins with the law than Bo Duke then you also will want to look hard at TSUN. They believe in 5th, 6th, and 7th chances if you have 4 stars by your name. Accused of rape, theft, sodomy by hazing? It doesn't matter to Bucky. Why one trip to Haiti to get your picture made holding a shovel in front of a ditch and you have been redeemed. Well, until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan, threaten to shoot up a night club, so forth. Then it is back for another soul cleansing. Don't want to do all those mission trips? Well, TSUN is still the school for you. We'll just say you were on the mission trip while you go down to the beach to work on your tan and say if your name was something else you'd be kicking ass and taking names right about now. And St. Bucky the Pious will do all this while cussing out fans in the stands on Saturday and then baptizing some rich donors kid on Sunday after preacing to the masses about how good a fellow he really is.

BrunswickDawg
12-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Spot 17n On
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.

Political Hack
12-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Wow. Freeze and the Spice Boys are great for the state's higher education institutions.

mic
12-16-2015, 11:13 AM
What's the CL going to come up with tomorrow to one up this uplifting article...

Win the day CL....

Martianlander
12-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Freeze can truthfully tell recruits "Don't worry if you get in trouble. We have the media in our pocket. We will cover it up, spin it, and fix it however necessary"

Hypnodawg
12-16-2015, 11:19 AM
"until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan" That is one hell of an image.

Coach34
12-16-2015, 12:07 PM
"until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan" That is one hell of an image.

dont forget 5-fingering the tip jar at the local hotspot

Jack Lambert
12-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Win the spin!!!

I think this is the beginning spin for letting RN play in the Sugar Bowl. The letter was the start.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2015, 12:18 PM
I think this is the beginning spin for letting RN play in the Sugar Bowl. The letter was the start.

I never doubted he would play in the bowl game. No way Freeze lets his best defensive player miss the biggest game that school has seen in 50 years over something like falling out a window and having a few blunts on his nightstand.

TrapGame
12-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Not letting him play could put him into a mental state that could make his drug dependency worse.

....LOL! I can't believe I typed that with a straight face!

Mjoelner34
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Spot 17n On
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.

I got him for you.

Schultzy
12-16-2015, 06:15 PM
I never doubted he would play in the bowl game. No way Freeze lets his best defensive player miss the biggest game that school has seen in 50 years over something like falling out a window and having a few blunts on his nightstand.

Oddly, looking back, the Memphis game this year was their biggest in 50 years and they blew it. If they manage a win up there, there's no way they let Arkansas take them to overtime at home and lose which means they win the West and eliminate Bama to boot.

This puts them in the final four and prob the favorite to win it all, This Year! And yet, after all of this...

they seem ecstatic as a fan base; these people of such high standards are happy after blowing a great chance at the Natty!

I would be pissed at blowing all that over a loss to friggin Memphis with the best talent ever assembled in school history. But they're happy as hell right now, don't ever tell me the egg isn't silently there most important game by far, they'll never admit it even to themselves but it's true and this year is the proof.

And would this article about a HC ever be written about another school immediately after the drug scandals, impending NCAA sanctions (albeit mitigated somewhat by Tunsil inexplicably getting off so easy), and blowing such a great opportunity against friggin Memphis!?

We've got our problems and I'm not happy about gifting two straight in the egg but listening to them spout off about their "higher expectations" than just winning the egg and now being so ecstatic after blowing their last chance ever at a natty is revealing.

And the local media treatment of them considering all of these circumstances is bizarre.

Bucky Dog
12-16-2015, 06:49 PM
What's the CL going to come up with tomorrow to one up this uplifting article...

Win the day CL....

Actually, Huge and Cronin both had separate articles where I considered they were basically saying Freeze can't overlook this. RN has at least one incident a year and this is major and they can't see him letting him play in SB. Basically telling him to practice what he preaches. Also mentions RN costing himself in the draft.

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Actually, Huge and Cronin both had separate articles where I considered they were basically saying Freeze can't overlook this. RN has at least one incident a year and this is major and they can't see him letting him play in SB. Basically telling him to practice what he preaches. Also mentions RN costing himself in the draft.

I'll put all my v cash on him playing in the sugar bowl. If Bucky holds him out I'll almost respect him just a little bit.