12-15-2015, 07:23 PM
With 10:30 left in first half vs duke, he has 8 points 1 reb 1 assist

We probably should've kept this kid

klong-dog
12-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Got some serious handles

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2015, 07:36 PM
uh...did we get rid of him? or was it his decision? I had forgot about him.

Harrydawg
12-15-2015, 07:39 PM
We dropped him

BullDog
12-15-2015, 07:49 PM
would we have a better record this year? uh, yes!

smootness
12-15-2015, 08:43 PM
You won't find a bigger Tookie fan than me. But I'm not sure how it would've worked, really.

And I don't think he would have made us better this year.

state66
12-15-2015, 08:50 PM
For the future of Mississippi State basketball, we did the right thing and let him go. He wouldnt have a spot on the depth chart in the next two years. Would he of played alot this year, Probably, but howland was looking beyond just this season.

Thick
12-15-2015, 08:50 PM
You don't think he's better then IJ right now??

lachepas565
12-15-2015, 09:05 PM

I don't. IJ shoots the ball significantly better and they're pretty much equal on everything else.

smootness
12-15-2015, 10:48 PM

First, no, I don't.

Second, I honestly don't really want a new coach coming in and just cutting every player he feels like he can improve on slightly.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
12-15-2015, 11:45 PM
Tookie is what he is and that's an undersized scoring guard. He is meant for the sunbelt and will have a really good career there. He's just like IJ which we are starting to see should have been in the Sunbelt/CUSA as well. Both are not SEC players.

Skydawg1
12-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Is he made of glass?

BullDog
12-16-2015, 12:33 AM
put up 20 on duke as a true freshman. taking it all the way to the rim, on multiple occasions, against an elite school with legit big men. he will do the same through out his career and would have done the same in the sec.

Dawg61
12-16-2015, 02:44 AM
The argument shouldn't be Tookie vs IJ it should be Tookie vs Ndoye. Everyone gets caught up in it being a same position battle but the correct way to trim the fat is by talent not by position selective talent. Raise the floor of your team. That's it. Are we a better team with an extra guard in Tookie minus Ndoye or are we better with Ndoye and no Tookie. That's is the question so I'll repeat it. Are we better with Tookie and no Ndoye or are we better with Ndoye and no Tookie? I'll add that Ndoye hasn't played a second the last two games while Tookie just scored 20 on Duke.

Johnson85
12-16-2015, 09:23 AM
The argument shouldn't be Tookie vs IJ it should be Tookie vs Ndoye. Everyone gets caught up in it being a same position battle but the correct way to trim the fat is by talent not by position selective talent. Raise the floor of your team. That's it. Are we a better team with an extra guard in Tookie minus Ndoye or are we better with Ndoye and no Tookie. That's is the question so I'll repeat it. Are we better with Tookie and no Ndoye or are we better with Ndoye and no Tookie? I'll add that Ndoye hasn't played a second the last two games while Tookie just scored 20 on Duke.

I think if you're only looking at this year, taking Tookie probably would have been teh right thing to do, even though it would have just further contributed to our size problem. But looking 2 to 4 years down the line, I think the expectation is that as good as Tookie may be, Howland is going to be consistently recruiting good players without size limitations, and therefore he'd either get buried onteh depth chart or get processed, so cutting him loose was the fair thing to do for him.

Unless he's just a special player, it seems likely that we would have been marginally better with him this year and that his contributions would peak in his second year. I would have been fine either way we went.