PDA

View Full Version : Emmit Gooden

It_Could_Happen
12-15-2015, 06:40 PM
We getting this guy? Committing Thurs. Down to Us LSU and Bama

Big4Dawg
12-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Yep but doesn't matter until a couple of years. Sign and place.

klong-dog
12-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Is announcing Thursday I see.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Yep but doesn't matter until a couple of years. Sign and place.

True. These sign & place guys certainly aren't sexy, but in two years when we get Gooden & Reakwon Davis out of JUCO, two 4 star D-linemen, out of JUCO, it going to be really nice.

This is the same way we got Pernell McPhee & Autry. These guys help regardless.

Between Gooden & Sullivan, our recruiting ranking has a chance to really jump this week.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 07:06 PM
True. These sign & place guys certainly aren't sexy, but in two years when we get Gooden & Reakwon Davis out of JUCO, two 4 star D-linemen, out of JUCO, it going to be really nice.

Between Gooden & Sullivan, our recruiting ranking has a chance to really jump this week.

Yep. I want him anyway. Gonna have cam myers and champion next year after waiting too

Bothrops
12-15-2015, 08:39 PM
But we need d-linemen now.

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 09:16 PM

THIS is how we use the JUCO system to our advantage. Sign a four star guy and then place them at Co-Lin and then reap the rewards two years down the road.

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 09:17 PM
But we need d-linemen now.

Fletcher Adams, Jeffrey Simmons, and Kobe Jones will help us out some as I think they all could play next year for us.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Fletcher Adams, Jeffrey Simmons, and Kobe Jones will help us out some as I think they all could play next year for us.

We really need Simmons. He's got to see we have a hole ready to fill at DT

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 09:30 PM

I might be mistaken, but I believe we are recruiting him at DE.

Not saying he won't end up there down the road. Wherever he plays, I think he will play early for us and potentially a good bit.

Bothrops
12-15-2015, 09:53 PM
How is Cory Thomas progressing?

It_Could_Happen
12-15-2015, 09:55 PM
So no chance Gooden qualifies?

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 10:05 PM
So no chance Gooden qualifies?

Everything I have heard is he is a sign and place.

Homedawg
12-15-2015, 10:47 PM

Kobe jones is not an impact guy.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2015, 10:49 PM

CadaverDawg
12-15-2015, 10:49 PM

Maybe not, but he looked good in the MS/AL game

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2015, 11:00 PM

Agree. I think Jones falls into the PJ Jones/ Caleb Eulls type category. Not a difference maker, but you look back at the season and realize that he played a ton of snaps and was a part of a good defensive line. Not a sexy player, but if you compile players like Kobe Jones you'll have quality depth and consistency. He'll be a very productive player for us regardless of its sexy or not.

HancockCountyDog
12-15-2015, 11:02 PM

I've been told that he and Raekwon are impact OL, but that they will have to realize this.

I didn't notice Kobe much in the game.

Homedawg
12-15-2015, 11:03 PM

Ok....

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2015, 11:05 PM
I've been told that he and Raekwon are impact OL, but that they will have to realize this.

I didn't notice Kobe much in the game.

When Kobe gets to focus full time on defense he's going to be a good one.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Ok....

So who are you proposing replacing Kobe with?

Bothrops
12-15-2015, 11:06 PM
If Kobe is as good as PJ Jones and Kaleb Eulls, I'll very happy with him. We really missed those guys rotating in the middle this year.

Homedawg
12-15-2015, 11:12 PM
So who are you proposing replacing Kobe with?

See this is where shit gets turned around- I never once said I wanted him replaced. Where did say that? I said he's not an impact guy! Impact guys come in and play and make a difference from day one. He will redshirt. And I'm warning the Indians beforehand what's going to happen. And that's what's going to happen.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 11:19 PM
See this is where shit gets turned around- I never once said I wanted him replaced. Where did say that? I said he's not an impact guy! Impact guys come in and play and make a difference from day one. He will redshirt. And I'm warning the Indians beforehand what's going to happen. And that's what's going to happen.

When I think "impact"... I think of a player that will play well and have a good career. "Instant impact" is the term I think of as the guy that steps in immediately.

CadaverDawg
12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Ok....

Wasn't disagreeing with you. Just making a comment.

Homedawg
12-15-2015, 11:29 PM
When I think "impact"... I think of a player that will play well and have a good career. "Instant impact" is the term I think of as the guy that steps in immediately.

My apologies, I didn't say early. But what I meant by impact was early. My fault for lack of clarification. He's not an early impact guy. He can be a solid player and will be.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 11:33 PM
My apologies, I didn't say early. But what I meant by impact was early. My fault for lack of clarification. He's not an early impact guy. He can be a solid player and will be.

Good to know.

djaymsu5
12-15-2015, 11:33 PM
IYOK do you think we will sign Gooden?

state66
12-15-2015, 11:47 PM
Gooden is a lock. Hes been to every damn game this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Gooden is a done deal. The bigger question is what juco he will enroll in & if it's January or June.

Todd4State
12-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Gooden is a done deal. The bigger question is what juco he will enroll in & if it's January or June.

Speaking of- I noticed that Drelan Porter is supposed to go to EMCC. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Dallas_Dawg
12-16-2015, 01:23 AM

How can you graduate high school early and not qualify for D1? Just curious, not calling you out

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2015, 07:12 AM
How can you graduate high school early and not qualify for D1? Just curious, not calling you out

They get their GED & go to Juco.

Coach34
12-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Good Enough Diploma

djaymsu5
12-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Speaking of- I noticed that Drelan Porter is supposed to go to EMCC. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Wow so we aren't getting Porter on campus yet either? Are all of our commits going juco? This is ridiculous. Kids need to take school more serious.

engie
12-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Wow so we aren't getting Porter on campus yet either? Are all of our commits going juco? This is ridiculous. Kids need to take school more serious.

Pretty sure this is the first year of new NCAA mandated rules on schoolwork that's a lot tougher than the old rules. Going to be a ton of nonqualifiers around the country and especially in the southeast for the first couple years while getting adjusted.

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Pretty sure this is the first year of new NCAA mandated rules on schoolwork that's a lot tougher than the old rules. Going to be a ton of nonqualifiers around the country and especially in the southeast for the first couple years while getting adjusted.

Yep, there is a lot of talk among JUCO coaches on the coast that there is going to be an influx of talent the next few years in the juco ranks.

If nothing else, these commits help our recruiting ranking that I know some may not want to hear, but recruits take notice of where you finish in the recruiting rankings.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2015, 10:38 AM

Gooden, Porter, & Reakwon Davis should be our main JUCO guys. That's only 3, which is average for us. It's important that we sign these guys because they supplement our roster in a few years.

djaymsu5
12-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Gooden, Porter, & Reakwon Davis should be our main JUCO guys. That's only 3, which is average for us. It's important that we sign these guys because they supplement our roster in a few years.

It just sucks because it is at a very important position that I feel we need more depth at. I don't think Porter would play as a freshman anyways but the other two would have more of a shot. But yea we have to wait 2 years before we even seen them. Hopefully there won't be anymore

maroonmania
12-16-2015, 10:54 AM

Dang, how many times are they going to keep ramping up the standards? Seems MS had just sort of caught up to getting most kids to meet the last increase in HS academic standards to qualify. So at this point I would hopefully assume that the SEC standards are not any higher than the general NCAA standards? At one time it seemed some guys could get into CUSA and Sun Belt schools but couldn't get eligible in the SEC.