PDA

View Full Version : Duck Hunting

louisvilledawg
12-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Just started duck hunting last year. I hunt every type of game MS has to offer and have done well, but duck hunting has become my new obsession. only problem is since i'm not from the delta and don't own any land because i'm right out of college, there arent many places I can go/havent made a lot of connections.

Does anybody know some good public land to hunt on? I live in Jackson now so pretty centrally located.

Also, what kind of calls would you suggest buying?

Duckdog
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM
First off this is the worst season Ive ever had in 27 years. I usually hunt 40 0f the 60 days.

number one rule is to never tell people about spots or where to hunt!
second, Ive killed a good bit of ducks in east ms. It just takes work.
third, put in work put in work put in work put in work. Drive look at google maps drive more mark where you find ducks and hunt in that spot.
asking which duck call is asking which truck is the best. Find one that fits you and go with it. if you do number three right and you don't need a duck call.

louisvilledawg
12-15-2015, 03:48 PM
gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know if duck hunting was as secretive as deer or turkey hunting because you wouldn't be chasing one specific animal.

rolodawg
12-15-2015, 11:20 PM
I have heard there is a nice hunting area just north of Canton, on west side of I55. Sometimes it stinks, sometime it doesn't. I think it depends on the wind.

State82
12-17-2015, 11:10 PM
EVERYTHING that Duckdog said. Everything. Especially #1. There are limitless areas of public land in the Delta where you can kill birds but you have to work HARD.