PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Basketball Injuries

Big4Dawg
12-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Daniels out for FSU with concussion & Ready questionatble w/ turf toe, getting steel insole. Our rotation is going to be bbbbbaaaadddd.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Will Staley debut Wednesday night?

maroonmania
12-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Daniels out for FSU with concussion & Ready questionatble w/ turf toe, getting steel insole. Our rotation is going to be bbbbbaaaadddd.

Seriously, we are already losing to people like Southern U and UMKC. How much worse can it get?

thf24
I feel like Malik and Q can at least make up for (and possibly exceed) IJ's contributions, but Daniels really hurts. No chance Holman is ready to chip in a few minutes, is there?

louisvilledawg
He may have to unless you wanna suit up.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 11:19 AM
I feel like Malik and Q can at least make up for (and possibly exceed) IJ's contributions, but Daniels really hurts. No chance Holman is ready to chip in a few minutes, is there?

I really hope we don't push Holman. I want him at least 90% before he plays

Big4Dawg
12-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Will Staley debut Wednesday night?

Howland said Staley is still getting in basketball shape. I say f' that and throw him out there. He can play 5 minutes at a time if needed.

Taog Redloh
12-15-2015, 11:21 AM
At this point, I'm chalking this bball season up to a rebuilding job. I held out a little hope due to the number of seniors, but it's just not there. Perhaps next year we can take a step up with Malik as a second year player, and the new recrootin class contributing heavily. The Holman guy will be back too.

As for this year, get some reps for the freshmen, hopefully beat a few people at the end of the year.

maroonmania
12-15-2015, 11:22 AM

Given this season is starting to look like a lost cause I certainly wouldn't want to risk Holman's future by putting him out there too soon if he's not healthy.

thf24
12-15-2015, 11:22 AM

So do I, but if he can play 5-10 minutes with no chance of re-injury, I think it would be hard to keep him out. I shudder at the thought of Zupp playing 25+ minutes against D1 opponents on the defensive end.

MarketingBully
12-15-2015, 11:29 AM

Bad? You just named the two guys that went 0-10 from 3 point land. Daniels was 1-9 from the field on Saturday. That is bad. Heck, that actually improves the team.

MarketingBully
12-15-2015, 11:34 AM
So do I, but if he can play 5-10 minutes with no chance of re-injury, I think it would be hard to keep him out. I shudder at the thought of Zupp playing 25+ minutes against D1 opponents on the defensive end.

At least Zuppado can hit a wide open three point shot which would have added a tremendous amount on Saturday.

HoopsDawg
12-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Bad? You just named the two guys that went 0-10 from 3 point land. Daniels was 1-9 from the field on Saturday. That is bad. Heck, that actually improves the team.

No, just means more minutes for Fallou. Daniels had a bad outing last game, but he is the best we have at the 4. He's been hitting the offensive boards pretty hard.

smootness
12-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Time to turn Malik and Q loose.

BulldogBacker
12-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Johnny Zuppardo can't guard anyone with any mobility at the 4. If you notice, he picks up fouls about as fast as he scores, because he can shoot. The new rules have really hurt us, because we are a physical team and have used hand-checking a lot last few years. Hand-checking is now a foul.

Irondawg
12-15-2015, 12:29 PM
I can't say I've heard of many turf toe injuries in basketball players. I know it doesn happen and surprised it doesn't happen more but it's still not something you hear about all that often and now we have two in half a season

HoopsDawg
12-15-2015, 12:35 PM
I can't say I've heard of many turf toe injuries in basketball players. I know it doesn happen and surprised it doesn't happen more but it's still not something you hear about all that often and now we have two in half a season

Yeah, really strange. The NBA plays 3 times as many games and only a couple of guys will get turf toe.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah, really strange. The NBA plays 3 times as many games and only a couple of guys will get turf toe.

The only strange thing about it is ready's obsession with Malik. He can't stand Malik getting the spotlight, so ready ball hogs. Malik got turf toe and now what do you know... Ready has it too! Ready, you aren't Malik... Be your own role-player man*****

ScottH
12-15-2015, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=maroonmania;470774How much worse can it get?[/QUOTE]

I learned to never ask that because when I did it always seemed to get worse.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Our injuries the last several years geezz. I think we need to bring in an exorcist to the Hump and get rid of the curse put on us by Ray.

DudyDawg
12-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Wonder if the turf toe has anything to do with our floor. Didn't Howland say it needed to be redone?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
12-15-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm hoping for the best about this season, but it is hard to be optimistic. Our only chance moving forward is if Holman can come back and contribute. Thankfully help is on the way. I really feel that IJ coming back will only hamper the development of Peters and our guards. I think these next two years will be tough and year 3 is when Howland breaks through in a big way. We are realizing how poorly Ray has recruited the past 3 years a much bigger rebuild than previously thought.

MarketingBully
12-15-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm hoping for the best about this season, but it is hard to be optimistic. Our only chance moving forward is if Holman can come back and contribute. Thankfully help is on the way. I really feel that IJ coming back will only hamper the development of Peters and our guards. I think these next two years will be tough and year 3 is when Howland breaks through in a big way. We are realizing how poorly Ray has recruited the past 3 years a much bigger rebuild than previously thought.

Next year should be a blast. We will lose five sucky players and replace them with six four star players. The talent alone next year will let us be competitive in games. The roster was so screwed up from Ray that Howland will have a ton of his
players in here next year. Once Ready and Ndoye get processed, which they will, we will be fine. Even if Malik were to go pro next year, our roster will have 9 four stars on it. We might not go deep in the NCAA tourney next year but we will easily be a borderline NCAA tourney team/NIT team on talent alone. We just have to muddle through the shit show this year in order to get to the next. It wouldn't surprise me if we grab a graduate senior PF for next year as well. Howland and co. can flat out recruit.