PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Sell: Chris Jones (if he goes) gets drafted higher than Kimchee

Political Hack
12-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Assuming Chris goes pro, does he now get plucked before Kimchee?

I think Jones is going to skyrocket just like Fletch did, but only time will tell. If he were to come back next year, he would be a potentially lottery pick. However, given recent developments I think he would still climb high enough to surpass Kimchee. What say you?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Sell

PassInterference
12-14-2015, 11:11 PM
Sell. It 2 1/2 years for Jones' light to come on. He needs a little more time to impress.

And there's always a Jerry Jones that will swoop in on Kimdeechie. He could be a Cowboy and play with another Rebel crackhead, Greg Hardy.

Churchill
12-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Sell..... but Jones is really the smarter pick because Kimchee will probably self destruct within a couple of years.

msstate7
12-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Unless nkemdiche gets in trouble again or fails drug test at combine, i sell

State82
12-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Hard sell for this draft. Now, if Jones were to come back I could see him going higher in next year's draft than RK does this year.

Political Hack
12-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Wow. I'm shocked. I think it's a very real possibility Chris Jones works himself into a higher spot even if he comes out this year. He's a freak of an athlete and is still as raw as could be. I think when people see his talents up close, he's going to skyrocket.

deltadawg99
12-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Sell.

People that think this stunt is going to effect RN's draft stock that much are crazy. He's going to be a combine freak and put up some crazy numbers.

Jones is a beast, but it took him half way through this season to play with consistency.

Coach34
12-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Kimchee has no shot now of being drafted in the 1st round

Jones is a 2nd round pick

Will be interesting

mic
12-15-2015, 12:01 AM
I buy he has a longer and better career in NFL ...

The biggest question is how honest CHF is going to be about the drug head when the GM's, scouts and NFL head coaches start thier evaluations with the prospects college coaches ..

Dallas_Dawg
12-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Kimchee has no shot now of being drafted in the 1st round

Jones is a 2nd round pick

Will be interesting

He will definitely go in the first round. Dallas, Seattle, Cincinnati among others would take a chance

PassInterference
12-15-2015, 07:50 AM
I buy he has a longer and better career in NFL ...

The biggest question is how honest CHF is going to be about the drug head when the GM's, scouts and NFL head coaches start thier evaluations with the prospects college coaches ..

Hugh laughs at those questions. Really, he laughed when a reporter brought up the bong photo yesterday.

https://twitter.com/jeff_graysbn/status/676597238156632068

What a piece of shit.

Maroonthirteen
12-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Sell

The draft is 5 months away. Lots of time to "rehab". RK is projected as the #1 DT selected.

Jones is big, strong but slow.

Johnson85
12-15-2015, 09:23 AM
If RK was really on acid just a couple of months after seeing his brother go on a bad trip that ended his career, that's a little more than a 5 month rehab project. Why would a GM think he'd be able to keep him off drugs if what happened to his brother didn't scare him?

If RK was just trying to get away from cops to avoid a possession charge for pot, maybe it's not a big deal.

louisvilledawg
12-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Robert will def go higher than Jones. One site I saw had Jones as the number 13 DT and had Nkemdiche as the number 6 overall player. Def think Robert still goes first round. His situation happened far enough ahead of the combine and draft day for him to turn it around.

Coach34
12-15-2015, 09:48 AM
I just can't see it. Just don't see teams taking that kind of chance in Round 1- not with the way guys are missing games for drugs these days.

Johnson85
12-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Assuming Chris goes pro,

Is this not already a done deal? Is he considering coming back?

RiverCityDawg
12-15-2015, 09:50 AM
He will definitely go in the first round. Dallas, Seattle, Cincinnati among others would take a chance

This. It's going to have to take something else worse to happen for him to fall out of the first round. If everything is quiet between now and the draft, he's a lock. This might cause him to slide outside of the top 10 though.

bobcat91
12-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Jones has no one to blame but himself for being lazy his whole time here. He has lost himself some serious coin.

Coach34
12-15-2015, 10:17 AM
This. It's going to have to take something else worse to happen for him to fall out of the first round. If everything is quiet between now and the draft, he's a lock. This might cause him to slide outside of the top 10 though.

thats the thing- he was borderline top 10 already

SDDawg
12-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Depends on if CJ falls out of any windows over the next 4 months. If not, BUY.

Coach34
12-15-2015, 10:49 AM
"The teams we've spoken to aren't as impressed with Nkemdiche as the national media is, so it wouldn't be surprising to slip into the 8-14 range. "

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php#y7Kt3DkVDWvYkwO6.99

HancockCountyDog
12-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Here is a live look at what any GM is doing if they take Kimdeechee in the first 20 picks.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/6/62600/2539682-firedog.gif

louisvilledawg
12-15-2015, 12:54 PM
Pro Football Focus just came out with a new mock draft and it still have Robert Nkemdiche going number 7 overall to the lions. Says he "will have some off-field questions to answer IF (lol) he enters the draft."

The mock also assumes the panthers will win the SB and draft Chris Jones with the 32 pick. Says he just now is starting to live up to the lofty recruiting ranking.

Like I previously stated, no way in hell RN goes after Jones in draft regardless of the off field issues.

HancockCountyDog
12-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Pro Football Focus just came out with a new mock draft and it still have Robert Nkemdiche going number 7 overall to the lions. Says he "will have some off-field questions to answer IF (lol) he enters the draft."

The mock also assumes the panthers will win the SB and draft Chris Jones with the 32 pick. Says he just now is starting to live up to the lofty recruiting ranking.

Like I previously stated, no way in hell RN goes after Jones in draft regardless of the off field issues.

Just wait until the combine - Jones will blow it up. Jones and RNK are the same player, and one doesn't think he can fly.

DudyDawg
12-15-2015, 01:06 PM
thats the thing- he was borderline top 10 already

Saw Mel kiper have him as number 5 overall prospect right before this

Political Hack
12-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Just wait until the combine - Jones will blow it up. Jones and RNK are the same player, and one doesn't think he can fly.

Just like Fletch. They have no clue what's about to take that field.