PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Sullivan

Stormrider26
12-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Superstar of Starkville. I think you can wrap him in maroon and white, boys.

-pardon the alliteration

Political Hack
12-14-2015, 11:05 PM
would be a tremendous pick up.

Stormrider26
12-14-2015, 11:08 PM
would be a tremendous pick up.

Absolutely. I'm not one to spread rumors, but I heard good things from a close friend of mine, who happens to be a former player. I value his opinion, so I thought I'd share.

Stormrider26
12-14-2015, 11:13 PM
I would love to hear if ifyouonlyknew has heard promising news as well..

msstate7
12-14-2015, 11:13 PM
Absolutely. I'm not one to spread rumors, but I heard good things from a close friend of mine, who happens to be a former player. I value his opinion, so I thought I'd share.

Your next post needs to be saying aj, Simmons, Broussard, knott, couch, or Allen to state

defiantdog
12-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Your next post needs to be saying aj, Simmons, Broussard, knott, couch, or Allen to state
Broussard almost decommitted with Malzahn last night. These guys like to be told a plan and Malzahn didn't directly have one. Auburn will bend some rules to pull Broussard back.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2015, 11:22 PM
I would love to hear if ifyouonlyknew has heard promising news as well..

Have heard the same. As of tonight he's a Dawg just need to hold on until Friday.

Stormrider26
12-14-2015, 11:23 PM

Haha, I'm no one special, I just hear stuff. I can say all of our top targets will come and bring in a top 3 class until I'm blue in the face, but what I say won't make a difference.

That said, A.J. And Couch to State.

msstate7
12-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Haha, I'm no one special, I just hear stuff. I can say all of our top targets will come and bring in a top 3 class until I'm blue in the face, but what I say won't make a difference.

That said, A.J. And Couch to State.

I'll hold you to that. Assuming you're right, that would put us with dear, gray, d. Thomas, mixon, aj, Sullivan, and couch in the last 2 classes at wr. Justin Johnson, d. Jones, Roberson, and Thomas at te. We are getting some really good offensive skill players.

Stormrider26
12-14-2015, 11:33 PM
I'll hold you to that. Assuming you're right, that would put us with dear, gray, d. Thomas, mixon, aj, Sullivan, and couch in the last 2 classes at wr. Justin Johnson, d. Jones, Roberson, and Thomas at te. We are getting some really good offensive skill players.

Now if we could just close in on a few of our OL targets.. 2017 could be something serious.

starkvegasdawg
12-14-2015, 11:46 PM
Now if we could just close in on a few of our OL targets.. 2017 could be something serious.

Love the screen name.

Stormrider26
12-14-2015, 11:51 PM
Love the screen name.

Any particular reason why? I chose it jokingly, in reference to a task force I was a part of overseas.

Coach34
12-15-2015, 12:02 AM
There was a stormrider guy on Sixpack- same guy?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2015, 12:13 AM

Yup, at this point we are building a hell of a Big 12 team. Gotta get the uglies to build a hell of an SEC team

War Machine Dawg
12-15-2015, 12:34 AM
Yup, at this point we are building a hell of a Big 12 team. Gotta get the uglies to build a hell of an SEC team

This is depressing to think about, because it's true.

CarolinaDawgs
12-15-2015, 12:37 AM
We would rape the Big12.. just a fact, but really doesn't pertain to this.

starkvegasdawg
12-15-2015, 03:31 AM
Any particular reason why? I chose it jokingly, in reference to a task force I was a part of overseas.
Thinking maybe it was a reference to storm chasing. Thought for a minute there may be another crazy person like me on the board.

Stormrider26
12-15-2015, 07:24 AM
There was a stormrider guy on Sixpack- same guy?

Not me. I rarely go over to sixpack.

the59dawg
12-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Have heard the same. As of tonight he's a Dawg just need to hold on until Friday.

Attaboy. Thanks

Westdawg
12-15-2015, 08:28 AM
What's the significance of Friday? Is this player an early enrollee or something?
If it is because of dead period.....we all know that is when Bears do their best work

msstate7
12-15-2015, 08:30 AM
What's the significance of Friday? Is this player an early enrollee or something?
If it is because of dead period.....we all know that is when Bears do their best work

This is between tcu, lsu, and us I believe, not om

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
12-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Who is Stephen Sullivan? Can't find him on 247 or Genespage.

Statefan
12-15-2015, 08:35 AM

I got you dawg

http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Sullivan-33698

msstate7
12-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Top 100 player

http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Sullivan-33698

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2015, 08:50 AM

Can we put this to bed now. When is the last time OM undercut us on a kid during the dead period?

klong-dog
12-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Ok, so what's the significance with Friday when regarding Sullivan?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2015, 09:02 AM
Can we put this to bed now. When is the last time OM undercut us on a kid during the dead period?

Exactly, it hasn't happened since CJ Johnson, and that was early in Mullen's tenure before he knew how to handle them.

People need to realize that our staff has mostly figured out how to handle Ole Miss on the recruiting trail, particularly with kids that aren't on their payroll prior to their SR year of high school.

Tony Hughes was on the Meat Market staff at Ole Miss, Bruce Feldman tweeted that yesterday, and we've won numerous recruiting battles against Ole Miss in the past 5 years and now have those players to vet for info. Essentially, there are very few if any secrets. I genuinely believe that our staff could mimic Ole Miss' recruiting strategy, if they chose to. In al likely hood, they probably know it that well.

Bass Chaser
12-15-2015, 09:04 AM
I believe it begins the dead period and he's an early enrollee.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Ok, so what's the significance with Friday when regarding Sullivan?

It's when he's announcing his commitment.

Dawg496
12-15-2015, 09:09 AM
So he is or is not an EE?

Are he and Couch and Brown all takes? Are they going to play the same position in college?

Johnson85
12-15-2015, 09:11 AM
It's when he's announcing his commitment.

This is the first time I remember even seeing his name. Is he a new development (I'm assuming not), or has the board not been talking about him, or did I just miss a lot of discussion on him?

djaymsu5
12-15-2015, 09:13 AM
LSU buddy of mine said they heard the same thing yesterday. Someone on their board mentioned Sullivan contacted the staff yesterday and informed them the news. LSU that is

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2015, 09:14 AM
So he is or is not an EE?

Are he and Couch and Brown all takes? Are they going to play the same position in college?

Yes on all 3 questions.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2015, 09:16 AM
This is the first time I remember even seeing his name. Is he a new development (I'm assuming not), or has the board not been talking about him, or did I just miss a lot of discussion on him?

He's been on the board forever we were his 1st offer. He OV for Bama I believe it was. He was a long time LSU commit & when he decommitted most assumed he was headed to TCU. We've done a great job of selling him on the lack of big WR on the roster & our passing game.

Thick
12-15-2015, 09:24 AM
That's an impressive get if it's legitimate.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Since we are putting stuff to bed. Can I offer a list????

1. Dan wants out (said all along it was bullshit. Let's not fight the same fight that makes us look like idiots all the time"

2. Bracky is the devil (lord have mercy)

3. Big K on 247 (was funny five years ago)

4. Coach 34 is wrong (sometimes but y'all still here)

5. Mergers (Michael was wrong, and you didn't get your t shirt)

Miss anything?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2015, 09:45 AM
6. OM is going down. NCAA is gonna hammer them. (Never gonna happen)

Mjoelner34
12-15-2015, 09:50 AM

1. Dan wants out (said all along it was bullshit. Let's not fight the same fight that makes us look like idiots all the time"

Miss anything?

7. Buckles WILL be a Bulldog**

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2015, 09:55 AM
That's an impressive get if it's legitimate.

No doubt. Just to put things into perspective, this would be the highest rated, best out of state recruit Mullen has signed since being at MSU.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and until he signs, I still have my doubts, but, if we sign this guy, him, AJ Brown, and Couch would be a ridiculous pull and possibly the best WR class in the country.

FISHDAWG
12-15-2015, 10:06 AM

Miss anything?

signed C-34

Johnson85
12-15-2015, 10:07 AM
He was a long time LSU commit & when he decommitted most assumed he was headed to TCU.

That rings a bell. Didn't pay attention to his name or remember him because from the original discussions I didn't think he was realistically in play for us.

deltadawg99
12-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Exactly, it hasn't happened since CJ Johnson, and that was early in Mullen's tenure before he knew how to handle them.

People need to realize that our staff has mostly figured out how to handle Ole Miss on the recruiting trail, particularly with kids that aren't on their payroll prior to their SR year of high school.

Tony Hughes was on the Meat Market staff at Ole Miss, Bruce Feldman tweeted that yesterday, and we've won numerous recruiting battles against Ole Miss in the past 5 years and now have those players to vet for info. Essentially, there are very few if any secrets. I genuinely believe that our staff could mimic Ole Miss' recruiting strategy, if they chose to. In al likely hood, they probably know it that well.

Tee Sheppard approves this.

Jarius
12-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Leo Lewis approves it too.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2015, 11:17 AM

Ah, forgot about him because he was a separate "dead period". That's one since CJ & the kid had legitimate issues. Not sure that one was something they can consistently repeat.

maroonmania
12-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Ah, forgot about him because he was a separate "dead period". That's one since CJ & the kid had legitimate issues. Not sure that one was something they can consistently repeat.

Armani Linton flipped on us last year to OM but I can't remember if that was during any dead period.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Armani Linton flipped on us last year to OM but I can't remember if that was during any dead period.

Think that was in June...

Dawg61
12-15-2015, 01:57 PM

Bucky Freezus out of phone sex minutes

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 02:06 PM

That wasn't a legit flip. Other than Tee it hasn't happened since 2011 unless orchestrated.

BulldogDX55
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM
That wasn't a legit flip. Other than Tee it hasn't happened since 2011 unless orchestrated.

At least Mullen seems to be a whole lot more wary of obvious plants after the Singleton/Brassel class.

klong-dog
12-15-2015, 02:24 PM
LSU buddy of mine said they heard the same thing yesterday. Someone on their board mentioned Sullivan contacted the staff yesterday and informed them the news. LSU that is Sullivan contacted the LSU staff? To inform them he was committing to? Even if he committed to us, if not an early signee, I would still think almost 2 months, during the holidays it be hard to keep that commit come signing day.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 02:28 PM
He is an EE

defiantdog
12-15-2015, 02:30 PM
He is an EE
He is, but he still has time to change his decision through January

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 02:31 PM
At least Mullen seems to be a whole lot more wary of obvious plants after the Singleton/Brassel class.

I think it helps that our recruiting reporters get it out and prepare the fans for it too. I remember Rosebowl saying Singleton to State up to right before the Army AA game.

smootness
12-15-2015, 02:37 PM

I can't think of a single EE anywhere who has changed his decision in January.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 02:41 PM

I know. Just answering the posters question about it.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 02:44 PM
I can't think of a single EE anywhere who has changed his decision in January.

Womack the OL did and it cost LSU because it became a recruiting violation.

Atrain311
12-15-2015, 03:03 PM

That was a different scenario as well. He signed a financial aid agreement all the way back in August with LSU and not during the early signing period.

smootness
12-15-2015, 03:05 PM

He committed to Alabama on December 14 of last year. Not in January.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 03:20 PM
That was a different scenario as well. He signed a financial aid agreement all the way back in August with LSU and not during the early signing period.

Not really. The dates wouldn't matter. EE can change on signing day who they actually sign their LOI with. Heck it's not uncommon for them to sign multiple financial aid agreements.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 03:20 PM
He committed to Alabama on December 14 of last year. Not in January.

That's right. Thought it was January.

bulldawg28
12-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Not really. The dates wouldn't matter. EE can change on signing day who they actually sign their LOI with. Heck it's not uncommon for them to sign multiple financial aid agreements.

If they sign financial papers they're more than likely not signing LOI, it defeats the purpose.

smootness
12-15-2015, 04:13 PM

True....but they would already be enrolled at that point...

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 04:14 PM
If they sign financial papers they're more than likely not signing LOI, it defeats the purpose.

What? You still sign LOI even if you are in classes at that school.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 04:18 PM
True....but they would already be enrolled at that point...

Yes but they still could drop out at any point prior to signing a LOI. Nobody does it because other schools can't recruit the player once he is taking classes. Remember the stink Orgeron made with TN EE the day he and Kiffin left for USC. Telling the players not to go to classes so he could recruit them to USC.

msstate7
12-15-2015, 04:23 PM
So... We feel good about Sullivan?

Dawg61
12-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Isn't there a new loophole to not signing a LOI during the players first semester where they can transfer without having to sit out a year? Might just be in basketball but it's becoming more of a trend to not sign a LOI I think.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-15-2015, 04:32 PM
So... We feel good about Sullivan?

Unless something changes, yes. Warren, Paul Jones, and Faulk all CB'd him to the good guys.

smootness
12-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Yes but they still could drop out at any point prior to signing a LOI. Nobody does it because other schools can't recruit the player once he is taking classes. Remember the stink Orgeron made with TN EE the day he and Kiffin left for USC. Telling the players not to go to classes so he could recruit them to USC.

I get that, but it's more than likely never going to happen, or will only occur in 1 or 2 rare instances. So it's not really something to worry about.

I'm pretty sure you would also become a transfer at that point, so there are clear disincentives.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Isn't there a new loophole to not signing a LOI during the players first semester where they can transfer without having to sit out a year? Might just be in basketball but it's becoming more of a trend to not sign a LOI I think.

Yes but only with the elite of elite prospects. Guys that can pretty much pick their school can do that. I don't see it becoming a trend.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Warren was also OM with Simmons last week and changed it to Bama...It is just a straight up guessing game

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Warren was also OM with Simmons last week and changed it to Bama...It is just a straight up guessing game

Warren is pretty connected to Mississippi recruits though. He has or at least had a 7 on 7 team with a lot of the top MS prospects on it and knows the players as well as and probably better than anyone.

HancockCountyDog
12-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Just got a text from LSU buddy conceding Sullivan to us. All that is missing is the bear 247 reporter crystal balling him to us.

Todd4State
12-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Just got a text from LSU buddy conceding Sullivan to us. All that is missing is the bear 247 reporter crystal balling him to us.

He'll probably crystal ball him to Ole Miss to try to get a rise out of our fans.

bulldawg28
12-15-2015, 06:12 PM
What? You still sign LOI even if you are in classes at that school.

You don't have to. The reason kids are signing financial aide papers instead of the LOI is because it's not binding. If they want to transfer they can. Only the top players can get away with doing this

maroonmania
12-15-2015, 06:14 PM

Everything sounds good but 3 days can seem like forever in the recruiting world especially when he is probably surrounded by LSU fans. At least if he is an EE then if he declares for us Friday then he is almost assuredly going to stick.

Bully13
12-15-2015, 06:21 PM
I don't think Malik ever signed a LOI with us

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't think Malik ever signed a LOI with us

Think he did. December of last year maybe??? Someone correct me if that's wrong.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Warren is pretty connected to Mississippi recruits though. He has or at least had a 7 on 7 team with a lot of the top MS prospects on it and knows the players as well as and probably better than anyone.

Really Clark?
12-15-2015, 07:17 PM
You don't have to. The reason kids are signing financial aide papers instead of the LOI is because it's not binding. If they want to transfer they can. Only the top players can get away with doing this

But that wasn't what I responding to. Very very few may get away from that but even players who EE and sign financial aid will end up signing a LOI by national signing day. I can't think of a football player that hasn't off the top of my head.