PDA

View Full Version : Buy or sell: Practice helmets look really good

ShotgunDawg
08-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I am really digging the no logo maroon helmets with white stripe that we are wearing in practice. Think about it, getting rid of the logo would solve so many problems. It would give us a traditional look that can last for years to come, and the athletic department could stop the eternal quest to find a logo that looks good on our helmets, and thus changing our logo every 5 years.

Plus, there is no team in the country that wears a maroon helmet with no logo. It would be unique to us.

FlabLoser
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
SELL

CadaverDawg
08-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Hard sell.

No logo = No Look Good

Gen. Grant
08-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Nigerian prince sell! We need a logo. MSU needs all the name recognition it can get.

FlabLoser
08-04-2013, 11:37 PM
But the practice jerseys are OK. I don't know how they would look with the banner Mississippi State logo on the front. Gotta keep that logo.

CadaverDawg
08-04-2013, 11:41 PM
But the practice jerseys are OK. I don't know how they would look with the banner Mississippi State logo on the front. Gotta keep that logo.

Love the practice jerseys. Why Adidas would use the goofy shoulder stripe we had last year, instead of the trip,e stripe we have on the practice jersey, is beyond me. They have got to be the worst in the business at uniform design.

Todd4State
08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
I am really digging the no logo maroon helmets with white stripe that we are wearing in practice. Think about it, getting rid of the logo would solve so many problems. It would give us a traditional look that can last for years to come, and the athletic department could stop the eternal quest to find a logo that looks good on our helmets, and thus changing our logo every 5 years.

Plus, there is no team in the country that wears a maroon helmet with no logo. It would be unique to us.

We had a logo that looked good on our helmets. We sold it to Nike.

It_Could_Happen
08-05-2013, 12:48 AM
I will never understand why we can't go back to the interlocking MSU. It was classic

Coach 57
08-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Best logo in the SEC! Loved the interlocking logo.

Pollodawg
08-05-2013, 07:37 AM
I will never understand why we can't go back to the interlocking MSU. It was classic

We no longer own the rights to it.

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2013, 08:48 AM

This argument is dumb. Own the rights or not, it would take about 10 minutes to design a "similar" logo

cujo
08-05-2013, 08:52 AM

All logos, inscriptions on the front of football jerseys suck. That's for other sports, not football.

BHildreth3
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
SELL. THE ONLY THING THAT LOOKS GOOD WITH THE DAMN WHITE STRIPE DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE HELMET IS WHEN WE GO TO THE MATTE FINISH WITH THE WHITE FACEMASK. I hate the f'n stripes. Get rid of them and just go ****ing simple. 1986, or 1990 when we were just maroon/white, no stripes, big ass football numbers.

Pollodawg
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM
This argument is dumb. Own the rights or not, it would take about 10 minutes to design a "similar" logo

True, but it wouldn't be the same. It would just be an imitation. He didn't say he wanted an imitation. He said he wanted the OLD logo back, which is not possible.

It_Could_Happen
08-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Who owns it?

gravedigger
08-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't think we ever owned it. I think Nike designed it and when we went to Adidas or whatever they kept it preventing us from using it further.

Pollodawg
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Who owns it?

Nike.

gravedigger
08-05-2013, 11:52 AM
With the new logos and branding I think we are stuck with the decisions of whomever pays for it.

I think the m state and others are here to stay. My favorite unis are from 2009 if we scrapped the maroon pants/maroon shirt combo. Just looked cheap. I do like the triple stripe shirts they have from practice and I'd just like to see the helmet stripe go away. We could wear the white chill billy helmets vs a&m when necessary to prevent confusion with qbs finding receivers.

The next bes unis were what Jackie came up with right after getting here.

Ill never want to see the silver pants again because it reminds me of the mid 80's just like most here don't want to be reminded of the croom era unis.

Pollodawg
08-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't get why this is so hard for our fans to understand. State doesn't own this uniform design that we have now. Adiddas does. If we were to drop them, we would no longer be able to wear these unis. They are the intellectual property of Adiddas.

The old logo was designed by Nike and patented by Nike I am almost positive. It does not belong to MSU.

ShotgunDawg
08-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't get why this is so hard for our fans to understand. State doesn't own this uniform design that we have now. Adiddas does. If we were to drop them, we would no longer be able to wear these unis. They are the intellectual property of Adiddas.

The old logo was designed by Nike and patented by Nike I am almost positive. It does not belong to MSU.

WE COULD DESIGN A SIMILAR LOGO, THAT WE OWNED, IN 10 MINUTES!!!

for goodness sake, can someone call Rocky Vaughn, give him a piece of paper, and 10 minutes to design an MSU logo, that is similar to the Nike one? It would take 10 minutes and we would then own it.

Then, as part of the our uniform contract, just like every other school does, we make Adidas, Nike, UA, Reebok, FUBU, Valentino, ect.... use our school owned logo.

Why is this so difficult?

Pollodawg
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
WE COULD DESIGN A SIMILAR LOGO, THAT WE OWNED, IN 10 MINUTES!!!

for goodness sake, can someone call Rocky Vaughn, give him a piece of paper, and 10 minutes to design an MSU logo, that is similar to the Nike one? It would take 10 minutes and we would then own it.

Then, as part of the our uniform contract, just like every other school does, we make Adidas, Nike, UA, Reebok, FUBU, Valentino, ect.... use our school owned logo.

Why is this so difficult?

Yes, it would be similar. But would most people be happy with Similar. And how close could you make it without infringing on copy rights? I am not trying to argue with you by the way.

gravedigger
08-05-2013, 03:45 PM
If I had to guess the companies use the patent on the design to make it harder for the school to change. With the exception of big schools like bama and USC and others who are just fine with their original designs AND paying for them, the Adidas and nike's of the world have the ability to 'take their logo and go home' if the school wants to change.

It's simple marketing leverage. The schools power lies in its willingness to change and barring that, pay for their own designs.

With our budget, I imagine we'll never get that leverage back.

Turd Fergusondawg
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
With the new logos and branding I think we are stuck with the decisions of whomever pays for it.

I think the m state and others are here to stay. My favorite unis are from 2009 if we scrapped the maroon pants/maroon shirt combo. Just looked cheap. I do like the triple stripe shirts they have from practice and I'd just like to see the helmet stripe go away. We could wear the white chill billy helmets vs a&m when necessary to prevent confusion with qbs finding receivers.

The next bes unis were what Jackie came up with right after getting here.

Ill never want to see the silver pants again because it reminds me of the mid 80's just like most here don't want to be reminded of the croom era unis.

I totally agree with this. As horrendous as the Croomiforms were, those 2009/2010 unis were pretty solid. It's still an Adidas uniform, so why can't we just use these again? Why did we ever change them?

http://media.gulflive.com/mississippi-press/photo/8494691-standard.jpg

It_Could_Happen
08-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I know everyone has seen the state of MS with the star where Starkville is. Would that be a good logo? I know it's been on the back of our baseball hats before.

Drugdog
08-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Can we call Richard Swartz?