PDA

View Full Version : MBB @ Florida State

Dawg61
12-14-2015, 10:35 AM
A lot of us lost a bunch of money last year on this game. Anyone got a line yet? It's time to get your money back.

louisvilledawg
12-14-2015, 10:56 AM
haha a lot of us lost because we all picked FSU to cover a year ago.

you're saying whatever the line is, take FSU right??

Dawg61
12-14-2015, 11:31 AM
haha a lot of us lost because we all picked FSU to cover a year ago.

you're saying whatever the line is, take FSU right??

No holding out till I see the line first. We've lost to Southern and UMKCMLKjrStreet and this game is in Tallahassee so it should be high.

thf24
12-14-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm interested to see the line as well. The bookies were trying to tell us something last year, and several among us did not heed.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-14-2015, 12:32 PM
A lot of us lost a bunch of money last year on this game.

this still brings me great joy

MarketingBully
12-14-2015, 01:14 PM
It would be just like this team to pull together and win this game. I am not counting on it but I wouldn't bet anything on this game. We have a lot of talent in Q and Malik at the guards. If Sword would drive more and Ready shoot less and we get Ware touches in the paint, we still could turn this thing around. But the seniors have to buy in.

louisvilledawg
12-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Yeah i agree.. If ready could just not play that would be ideal.

MarketingBully
12-14-2015, 01:48 PM
I got a bit irrational on Saturday as far as getting upset regarding losing but after reading some of our posters on the various boards it does make some sense. This is a veteran team however we have only averaged 12 or so wins over the last three years and we didn't show consistent improvement so we really are still learning how to win. Our most talented players are freshmen with the over whelming majority of our players upper classmen. Our starting five is basically Ray's players plus an injured Newman with Zappado, Q and Thomas coming off the bench.

Next year, the least talented player we will have is Ready with 9 4+ star players. Our entire starting five next year should all be 4 star players. With these stats, we really should just view anything we do this year as gravy with the 2016-2017 season a very competitive and talented team. This team IMO still can win 17-18 games though if they get their head out of their ass and buy in.

state66
12-14-2015, 02:45 PM
So much money was made off that Maui Invitational tourney in 2012. Oh how far we have come to where we were loading up on the opponent to cover. Damn you Ray!

MCsMGs
12-14-2015, 03:39 PM
I'll leave the betting to you guys...I'm gonna go to the game and support the team, win or lose.

louisvilledawg
12-14-2015, 04:33 PM
I'll leave the betting to you guys...I'm gonna go to the game and support the team, win or lose.

Good to know.

38843dawg
12-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Probably around -11 or -12 FSU. 5dimes won't release until the night before the game I have no idea about other places.

ScoobaDawg
12-15-2015, 03:32 PM
It's FSU-12

Get in on it.. what we have 6 healthy players?

Dawg61
12-15-2015, 04:19 PM
It's FSU-12

Get in on it.. what we have 6 healthy players?

Starters
Newman
Q
Sword
Zupp
Ware

Bench
Fred
Ndoye

We have 7 players available on the road and not one true PG.

MarketingBully
12-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Starters
Newman
Q
Sword
Zupp
Ware

Bench
Fred
Ndoye

We have 7 players available on the road and not one true PG.

We have 8. Staley will play. I think we cover because Daniels and Ready aren't good. We will have to play more talented players more minutes (minus Ndoye). I think Staley will actually contribute. All we need him to do is get rebounds and garbage buckets. Q I think only played 13 minutes on Saturday.

msstate7
12-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Really hope we play well and stick with a freshman backcourt

MarketingBully
12-16-2015, 12:51 PM
I think Malik goes off tonight personally regardless of what happens. He had 18 and was 4-10 from the three point line on Saturday. We also won't have 15 jacked up shots from Ready which is a plus.

thf24
12-16-2015, 01:09 PM
I think we cover because Daniels and Ready aren't good.

Daniels has been shooting poorly and is good for several boneheaded mistakes per game, but he's been excellent on the offensive boards and has grabbed some crucial ones in our wins. Losing that might hurt us, plus the fact that Zupp is going to have to play a lot of defense in his absence.

klong-dog
12-16-2015, 01:17 PM
FSU 85 MSU 63

MarketingBully
12-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Daniels has been shooting poorly and is good for several boneheaded mistakes per game, but he's been excellent on the offensive boards and has grabbed some crucial ones in our wins. Losing that might hurt us, plus the fact that Zupp is going to have to play a lot of defense in his absence.

I'm kind of curious how many minutes we will play Staley. If Staley is able to split minutes with Zupp, we should be okay there. Staley is the perfect size to fill the offensive rebound gap (6'7, 230). Daniels was 1-9 on Saturday and Ready was 5-15. That is 24 shots and only 6 makes that we will be missing. I do agree that if we didn't have Staley and had to play Zupp 30 minutes or so we would be in trouble. Staley gives me hope if he can even give us say 15 or so minutes.

Political Hack
12-16-2015, 01:40 PM
We will be a better basketball team tonight because of the forced player rotations.

MarketingBully
12-16-2015, 02:12 PM
This is how Staley describes himself as a basketball player: "Asked what type of player he is, Staley immediately began describing a scrappy rebounder, a bulldog defender, a big body willing to block out and set screens." If he does this for the team, we could have found the big body in the middle we are looking for. He is listed 6'7 250. Add him with Aric Holman and we could do some things in the SEC season. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do tonight.

msstate7
12-16-2015, 02:32 PM
This is how Staley describes himself as a basketball player: "Asked what type of player he is, Staley immediately began describing a scrappy rebounder, a bulldog defender, a big body willing to block out and set screens." If he does this for the team, we could have found the big body in the middle we are looking for. He is listed 6'7 250. Add him with Aric Holman and we could do some things in the SEC season. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do tonight.

Besides Malik (maybe Holman and Q), Staley is the highest rated recruit on the team

DudyDawg
12-16-2015, 04:36 PM
This game, as much as we need malik and q to play well, is all about ware. If he gets in foul trouble, I'll be changing the channel. It'll get ugly if we have to rely on Fallou to clean the boards. Any rebounds that doesn't fall into his hands (and even some that do) will go to FSU if ware isn't on the floor. Oh, and the missed dunks and layups should be fun. Zuppardo isn't a rebounder either. But I'm not betting either way. Two bad college teams are hard to bet on.

ScoobaDawg
12-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Well that wasn't even close to the 12

MarketingBully
12-17-2015, 12:19 AM
This game, as much as we need malik and q to play well, is all about ware. If he gets in foul trouble, I'll be changing the channel. It'll get ugly if we have to rely on Fallou to clean the boards. Any rebounds that doesn't fall into his hands (and even some that do) will go to FSU if ware isn't on the floor. Oh, and the missed dunks and layups should be fun. Zuppardo isn't a rebounder either. But I'm not betting either way. Two bad college teams are hard to bet on.

^^^^^^forshadowing at its finest.