PDA

View Full Version : Interesting News

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2015, 10:47 AM
The WR McCinnis from Kansas JUCO that is visiting us this weekend apparently is visiting Arkansas State on the way home today, which means we didn't offer.

Now, there are only two likely reasons that we didn't offer: 1) We think we'll get the 4* Sullivan kid from Louisiana or 2) Bear Wilson is returning for his SR year!!! This seems like the more likely scenario. Oh boy!

If Bear returns for his SR year and we have Bear Wilson, Fred Ross, AJ Brown, Donald Gray, Malik Dear, Gabe Myles, & Fred Brown at WR, to go along with what should be an improved downhill rushing attack with Fitzgerald, Williams, & Gibson, this offense has a chance a chance to be dynamic, so long as Hev's group doesn't screw the whole thing up. (THEY PROBABLY WILL)

If Bear Wilson is coming back for his SR year, then Malik Dear has to be moved to RB ASAP. IMO, it would be absolutely ridiculous to keep him at WR, where he'd get 5 touches a game, rather than putting him at RB where he could get 15-20 touches per game. At very least, Dear would need to be in a heavy hybrid role where he lined up in the backfield often.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Don't forget about some border line non qualifiers

Statefan
12-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I think someone already mentioned this, but I can see us using Dear like Alabama uses Drake

As a RB, but also motion him out to create a mismatch but all the sweeps and stuff

msstate7
12-13-2015, 11:11 AM

Who?

Crystal Balls
12-13-2015, 11:19 AM
I think someone already mentioned this, but I can see us using Dear like Alabama uses Drake

As a RB, but also motion him out to create a mismatch but all the sweeps and stuff

This needs to happen

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2015, 11:23 AM

Your right, that could be another reason, but I don't think it's the reason in this case because I think McCinnis was a need based recruit. Mullen wants a large receiver next year & was going to offer McCinnis for that reason. If he isn't offering him, there is a reason why & it likely has to do with the receiver position.

mic
12-13-2015, 11:33 AM
The WR McCinnis from Kansas JUCO that is visiting us this weekend apparently is visiting Arkansas State on the way home today, which means we didn't offer.

Now, there are only two likely reasons that we didn't offer: 1) We think we'll get the 4* Sullivan kid from Louisiana or 2) Bear Wilson is returning for his SR year!!! This seems like the more likely scenario. Oh boy!

If Bear returns for his SR year and we have Bear Wilson, Fred Ross, AJ Brown, Donald Gray, Malik Dear, Gabe Myles, & Fred Brown at WR, to go along with what should be an improved downhill rushing attack with Fitzgerald, Williams, & Gibson, this offense has a chance a chance to be dynamic, so long as Hev's group doesn't screw the whole thing up. (THEY PROBABLY WILL)

If Bear Wilson is coming back for his SR year, then Malik Dear has to be moved to RB ASAP. IMO, it would be absolutely ridiculous to keep him at WR, where he'd get 5 touches a game, rather than putting him at RB where he could get 15-20 touches per game. At very least, Dear would need to be in a heavy hybrid role where he lined up in the backfield often.

Unless we feel he can help us next year, I don't really want Nor do we need a "prospect" juco WR....

msstate7
12-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Does aj brown attend our practices? Just wondering bc I'm sure everyone is telling him that we have no qb... Hoping he's seeing fitz/Staley sling the ball in practice

coastratdog
12-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Or maybe he sees us being so stacked at WR he doesn't see himself in the mix. Especially since he will only have 2 yrs.

Saltydog
12-13-2015, 11:42 AM
me yesterday as well but he's almost sure to redshirt with the depth we already have.

SDDawg
12-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Does aj brown attend our practices? Just wondering bc I'm sure everyone is telling him that we have no qb... Hoping he's seeing fitz/Staley sling the ball in practice

If AJ has seen anything from us this year, it's that we have QBs coming up. People act like Thug Kelly or the frosh at Bama that got beat by OM are the second coming of QBs, neither are. Absolutely ridiculous and no way that AJ is gonna fall for that mess.

BTW, has anyone seen how desperate OM is to land him via social media. They are stalking that poor kid every second (and he retweets all of it)...

Sacrifice
12-13-2015, 12:03 PM

This is how we should use Dear, just like we use Brandon Holloway.

Big4Dawg
12-13-2015, 12:07 PM
Or maybe he sees us being so stacked at WR he doesn't see himself in the mix. Especially since he will only have 2 yrs.

He actually has four years to play three. No way this has to do with Wilson. Probably more Sullivan if I would have to guess. wilson being here for one more year affect a player who might be here for three years?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-13-2015, 12:20 PM

If Bear returns for his SR year and we have Bear Wilson..... this offense has a chance a chance to be dynamic, so long as Hev's group doesn't screw the whole thing up. (THEY PROBABLY WILL)

If Bear Wilson is coming back for his SR year

I place likelihood of Bear coming back slightly less than that of anyone on this board having a threesome with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. I place the likelihood of Hev's group screwing something up higher than Interpolation Dawg banging a fat chick and claiming it was "for the team."

HSVDawg
12-13-2015, 12:21 PM
If AJ has seen anything from us this year, it's that we have QBs coming up. People act like Thug Kelly or the frosh at Bama that got beat by OM are the second coming of QBs, neither are. Absolutely ridiculous and no way that AJ is gonna fall for that mess.

BTW, has anyone seen how desperate OM is to land him via social media. They are stalking that poor kid every second (and he retweets all of it)...

Our advantage over both Bama and OM in AJ's recruitment is seniority of our current receiving corps. Our top 2 guys both only have 1 year left and at least one if not both will likely leave early for the draft. We currently have no sure fire studs ready to step in and fill the void, although we do have some underrated guys like Myles, Gray, and Fred Brown who are also upperclassmen who have looked good in limited work. Compared to Bama, who has a stud in Riddley who is only a freshmen and Ole Miss who loses a lot but still returns Stringfellow as a Jr, Adeboyjo and Derrick Jonss as seniors, and 3 underclassmen in Pack, Lodge, and Jefferson who were all 4* or 5* guys that were highly coveted. MSU is his best opportunity to play early and often.

The QB situation actually has little impact. Bama will have someone out there who is at least on par with Coker next year who will be able to hit the open man on play action. Kelly at OM is a good QB but only has one year left. I think AJ would likely redshirt at OM anyway, so he'd be catching passes from Patterson if he went there. Then we of course have Fitz/Staley, who I think will be equal at worst to the other two options

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Or could it be entirely possible that Mullen has his in home with Sullivan tonight, since he is an early enrollee, and based on that meeting they decide whether or not to take the Juco kid?

Coach34
12-13-2015, 12:36 PM
OM is 3rd for AJ- that hasnt changed according to the family

klong-dog
12-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Dead period. Coming up.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2015, 12:56 PM
I was thinking Bear leaving would help with AJ

I seen it dawg
12-13-2015, 01:28 PM
We don't use bear anyway so what does it matter. And when we don't use him he pouts. Vicious cycle.

mic
12-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Bear leaving or staying doesn't matter to the AJ decision..

Bothrops
12-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Someone please tell me we lead for AJ. I don't want to hit the ER today.

mic
12-13-2015, 02:08 PM

We do... It's all good

I seen it dawg
12-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Don't fall out a window..

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Don't fall out a window..
If you do, make sure it is only 15 feet off the ground.

I seen it dawg
12-13-2015, 04:49 PM
If you do, make sure it is only 15 feet off the ground.

In a doll house

MabenMaroon
12-13-2015, 04:59 PM

He was there today, also saw him at one of the women's bb games last week.

Valyrian Steel
12-13-2015, 05:23 PM
I place likelihood of Bear coming back slightly less than that of anyone on this board having a threesome with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry."

There's bad blood (https://youtu.be/QcIy9NiNbmo?t=35s) between those two. So it would never happen.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2015, 05:59 PM
There's bad blood (https://youtu.be/QcIy9NiNbmo?t=35s) between those two. So it would never happen.
You never know what emotions can get stirred up in a cat fight though....

TUSK
12-13-2015, 06:40 PM

I don't believe Bateman (RS JR in '16) will be the starter next year...

Jack Lambert
12-13-2015, 06:56 PM
I place likelihood of Bear coming back slightly less than that of anyone on this board having a threesome with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. I place the likelihood of Hev's group screwing something up higher than Interpolation Dawg banging a fat chick and claiming it was "for the team."

Well Katy Perry is looks a little easy.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't believe Bateman (RS JR in '16) will be the starter next year...

I don't either..... The boy looks scared back there. Besides, Barnett is supposed to be the second coming of AJ McCarron, hot girlfriend and all.

maroonmania
12-13-2015, 07:16 PM
I place likelihood of Bear coming back slightly less than that of anyone on this board having a threesome with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.

So you're saying there's a chance.***

TUSK
12-13-2015, 07:41 PM
I don't either..... The boy looks scared back there. Besides, Barnett is supposed to be the second coming of AJ McCarron, hot girlfriend and all.

yup, only he's bigger, faster and has a much stronger arm... If Saban can "process" the "gunslinger" 'tude outta BB like he did AJ, we should be set for 3-4 years...

and speaking of that GF...

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2015, 08:19 PM
yup, only he's bigger, faster and has a much stronger arm... If Saban can "process" the "gunslinger" 'tude outta BB like he did AJ, we should be set for 3-4 years...

I think I can hear Musberger creeping on her from here... But good lord, can you blame him?

Coach007
12-13-2015, 09:35 PM

There are more wrs on the board. Couch I believe is one...

This position is the least of concern.

mstatefan91
12-13-2015, 09:44 PM

strangeabdominals/10

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 09:50 PM
I think I can hear Musberger creeping on her from here... But good lord, can you blame him?

I'm pretty sure he is LOOKING LIVE at her right now.