PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

msstate7
12-13-2015, 01:03 AM
Please tell me we're gonna be good again. If so, why? If not, why? Haven't even made it sec play in basketball and I'm ready for baseball

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 01:27 AM
Pitching should be better. Hudson is projected as a first round compensation pick/second round pick right now. And Wes will actually let him pitch. Sexton, Tatum, Houston, and Daniel Brown are a good core of guys to build a rotation around. We're going to go as our pitching goes. And we need a freshman to pick it up and contribute pretty quickly.

I hope we move Gavin to third base and let Marrero/Kruger/Lovelady handle the catching duties. I had questions about Marrero just because he is a freshman, but he is building my confidence. We'll see how he hits. Wherever Gavin plays, he is going to do well and be an All-SEC candidate if he is healthy.

Gridley and Luke Alexander are going to upgrade our MIF defense. We'll see what Holland gives us since he has been battling some injuries this fall- so I'm not sure what we will get out of him. We need Nate Lowe or Cole Gordon to step up at first base and adjust to the SEC quickly.

Robson is the best leadoff hitter in the SEC- and hopefully he steals around 30 this year. Rooker is going to have a major impact on our offense this year and I can see him turning some scouts heads and get drafted in the top 10 rounds. Michael Smith gives us elite speed and is a great defender who is going to surprise some people if he can stay healthy. Cody Brown will find his way in the lineup. Reid Humphreys will also find a way into the lineup and won't meet the expectations that he had in high school- but he will give us some pop and he is a veteran who has a lot of experience. Luke Reynolds can flat out hit. He will play a good bit too.

Lots of question marks- but also a lot of talent to work with. It's going to be exciting to see the young players develop over the next few years. No reason why we shouldn't be back in the regionals next year.

Dawgbite
12-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Well let's see, we have a football team that disappoints and rips our hearts out in November. We have a basketball team that disappoints and rips our heart out in November. Our baseball team only plays each other in November and we win either way so you still have a chance.

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Well let's see, we have a football team that disappoints and rips our hearts out in November. We have a basketball team that disappoints and rips our heart out in November. Our baseball team only plays each other in November and we win either way so you still have a chance.

I'm sure we'll have ebbs and flows in baseball as well.

AROB44
12-13-2015, 11:00 AM
I am positive that after the baseball team loses it's first game that everyone thought they should win, certain people on this board will start in on Cohen. No different that football or basketball. And.....it will be the same people...just a different sport. Damn...I wish I had all their sports knowledge!

DudyDawg
12-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Can't wait to talk about bunts****

What's the word on Butch's replacement.

mic
12-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Can't wait to talk about bunts****

What's the word on Butch's replacement.

He will be an upgrade....

basedog
12-13-2015, 12:09 PM

Shouldn't be disappointment in basketball this year, yes some had us dancing but this roster is for from complete as going dancing. Howland will make us good, but it takes a year or two of good recruiting to get the pieces in place.

Be patience help is on the way. Way to much expectations this year. Been a while since we have won much of anything.

Saltydog
12-13-2015, 12:14 PM
more than capable replacement the verdict on him is still months away.

BossDawg
12-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Shouldn't be disappointment in basketball this year, yes some had us dancing but this roster is for from complete as going dancing. Howland will make us good, but it takes a year or two of good recruiting to get the pieces in place.

Be patience help is on the way. Way to much expectations this year. Been a while since we have won much of anything.

Yeah I wasn't expecting the level of nagging coming from many of our fans in basketball. I was expecting some sholl'nuff ugly stuff oozing from the team this year, and I'm normally an obnoxious pessimist. Howland's new and he's still learning about these players....but the way he's hauling in these classes should take a little sting out of things. It sucks but we're just gonna have to be patient on this one.

Bothrops
12-13-2015, 01:55 PM
We be better...changed bats, remember..**

War Machine Dawg
12-13-2015, 03:45 PM
We'll pitch better, but I'm far from convinced we'll hit any better. The Tinkerer is going to tinker.

BankerDog
12-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Several guys on the team think Daniel Brown will have a breakout year to that of him getting drafted very high. He's touching mid-90s every time he steps out.