PDA

View Full Version : Good News Regarding That Mullen Apologists Thread

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 01:02 AM
- Rankin looked the part in practice today. I don't know if someone threatened to rip off his balls, but a switch has been turned. He's mean and he's going to earn the LT spot for next year. Elgton Jenkins still needs some work at RT. The guard position looks rough..... we may need to incorporate a fullback lol.

- Nick Gibson reminds me of Jerious Norwood (No, he's not as fast. But he's long yet has stupid quick feet.) His vision is better than any of the other RB's, and there is no question about it.

- Leo Lewis, Tim Washington and Traver Jung will be the best linebacker core ever at MSU. Tim is long and quick. Jung has Wells speed. And Leo is a head hunter. He flipped a switch as well. In August, he looked lethargic..... he looks like a new man. Once he understands the discipline of the position, he has no ceiling.

- Maurice Smitherman is our next Fred Smoot. Except he thinks he's Ed Reed.

- Smokey has the opportunity to beat out Cleveland for the outside position. It's starting to click with him.

- I still think Smitherman will win the other spot. This guy has no fear, I love it.

- Braxton Hoyett can play both DT positions. He's like a damn panda bear. Cory Thomas and Grant Harris are some lean linemen. Fletcher has put on some weight. He's still about a head shorter than C Jones, but he was a step faster than anyone else. Kendall Jones is fast at DE.

- Dear needs to quit trying to be a receiver..... come to the dark side Dear. You know you want to be a running back.

- Dontavian Lee has rocks in his shoes or something. He doesn't seem to put 100% into everything.

- Alec Murphy won't be ready next year. He's going to be a good RB for us, but he's not quite up to speed yet.

- Deddrick Thomas wants the ball. I don't know how else to say it..... he's a ball hog. I see him going onto the field every chance he's got.

- Fitz is our next qb..... there won't be a battle. The coaches know it, the players know, it's time for us to know it.

msstate7
12-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Any chance Daryl Williams plays next season?

With rankin and Jenkins taking the tackle spots, could senior possibly play guard?

msstate7
12-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Thomas > mixon?

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Great stuff! I don't see how we can be thin at guard since almost everyone we recruit as an OT ends up there even if they are 6'8". Calhoun didn't look good? And as far as long term- center scares me because it's just Daryl Williams and he is a RS right now.

If Gibson was our best RB all along, I'm pissed.

We can only hope that Cleveland gets beat out. Or moved to safety. Or moved to special teams.

I still think we can and should use Dear at both slot and RB. Not sure why Dan has him pigeon holed as a slot WR.

I think Lee had surgery recently?

I'm a huge Deddrick Thomas fan myself.

I totally agree on Fitz.

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Thomas > mixon?

With multiple WR sets, it doesn't matter. We can get them both on the field at the same time at times.

They are going to be sick on KO returns together. Pick your poison.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 01:16 AM

With rankin and Jenkins taking the tackle spots, could senior possibly play guard?
Williams was playing guard and moon was at center. Not sure what was going on there..... Experimenting I guess. I'm really not sure what they're going to do with the OL.

Thomas > mixon?
Thomas is playing outside and Mixon is playing the slot. thomas is more physical. they're both going to break someone ankles though.

RIdog
12-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the report defiant .

msstate7
12-13-2015, 01:21 AM
Ross
Dear
Brown
Gray
Thomas
Mixon
Myles

Add aj and we have one sick receiving core. Add bear and aj next season and fitz/Staley will put up huge numbers next season.

msstate7
12-13-2015, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the report defiant .

This. Please keep it up

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Ross
Dear
Brown
Gray
Thomas
Mixon
Myles

Add aj and we have one sick receiving core. Add bear and aj next season and fitz/Staley will put up huge numbers next season.
Fitz is our next QB

bulldawg28
12-13-2015, 03:55 AM
Fitz is our next QB

I'm still not convinced about that.

sbcmortgageman
12-13-2015, 08:06 AM
How does Michael Story look? Any chance he plays guard next year?

missouridawg
12-13-2015, 08:16 AM
- Rankin looked the part in practice today. I don't know if someone threatened to rip off his balls, but a switch has been turned. He's mean and he's going to earn the LT spot for next year. Elgton Jenkins still needs some work at RT. The guard position looks rough..... we may need to incorporate a fullback lol.

- Nick Gibson reminds me of Jerious Norwood (No, he's not as fast. But he's long yet has stupid quick feet.) His vision is better than any of the other RB's, and there is no question about it.

- Leo Lewis, Tim Washington and Traver Jung will be the best linebacker core ever at MSU. Tim is long and quick. Jung has Wells speed. And Leo is a head hunter. He flipped a switch as well. In August, he looked lethargic..... he looks like a new man. Once he understands the discipline of the position, he has no ceiling.

- Smokey has the opportunity to beat out Cleveland for the outside position. It's starting to click with him.

- I still think Smitherman will win the other spot. This guy has no fear, I love it.

- Braxton Hoyett can play both DT positions. He's like a damn panda bear. Cory Thomas and Grant Harris are some lean linemen. Fletcher has put on some weight. He's still about a head shorter than C Jones, but he was a step faster than anyone else. Kendall Jones is fast at DE.

- Dear needs to quit trying to be a receiver..... come to the dark side Dear. You know you want to be a running back.

- Dontavian Lee has rocks in his shoes or something. He doesn't seem to put 100% into everything.

- Alec Murphy won't be ready next year. He's going to be a good RB for us, but he's not quite up to speed yet.

- Deddrick Thomas wants the ball. I don't know how else to say it..... he's a ball hog. I see him going onto the field every chance he's got.

- Fitz is our next qb..... there won't be a battle. The coaches know it, the players know, it's time for us to know it.

For the sanity of the board, please don't ever mention Nick Gibson being the better RB. It will cause catastrophic meltdowns when Aeris takes makes of the reps next year.

basedog
12-13-2015, 08:29 AM
For the sanity of the board, please don't ever mention Nick Gibson being the better RB. It will cause catastrophic meltdowns when Aeris takes makes of the reps next year.

This made me laugh, but some have been admitted to the emergency room after your OL comments.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 09:15 AM
The players are

How does Michael Story look? Any chance he plays guard next year?
Hopefully..... The group didn't look too promising. But folks were in different positions. Joc Johnson was at RT, yet he was back up center this year. Hoyett needs to play OL..... He's basically our only DL that's bottom heavy. On that note, we look fine at DL..... Other than Hoyett, those dudes are in shape. C Thomas and G Harris look like they live in the gym.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 09:18 AM
I know what you mean..... Just saying that he looked more the part and comfortable. He looks for the hole when he runs..... Aeris just runs. My 11 year old son even commented on that. But Aeris will probably start over him because that's the MSU way.

I seen it dawg
12-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Holloway is still here.....

DownwardDawg
12-13-2015, 09:46 AM

It's pretty obvious to most of us.

deltadawg99
12-13-2015, 09:54 AM
I wish we'd move Jenkins to guard. Senior is a serviceable RT that has experience

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 10:24 AM
I wish we'd move Jenkins to guard. Senior is a serviceable RT that has experience

It would be more productive to move Senior to guard and Jenkins to RT.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 10:25 AM

Holloway has really progressed, but he's not an every down back. Too bad we're probably going to use him as one next year.

MabenMaroon
12-13-2015, 10:34 AM
Defiant ... how is Anfernee Mullins looking, heard at one time he was a hard worker, very coachable and really just needs the s&c to become really good.

HSVDawg
12-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Fitz is our next QB

So was Staley even at practice, or was he in KC with the basketball team?

t45fixer
12-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Lee did have surgery. I put that out a while back, but everyone wanted to believe he was in the doghouse for grades. Truth is he's scared of contact and jacked he knee up some.

bulldawg28
12-13-2015, 11:26 AM
So was Staley even at practice, or was he in KC with the basketball team?

He's been playing basketball

DudyDawg
12-13-2015, 11:39 AM
I thought you were going to say C34 banned cadaver in that thread for calling him out

CadaverDawg
12-13-2015, 12:25 PM
I thought you were going to say C34 banned cadaver in that thread for calling him out

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZTQEsWE8A4Zos/giphy.gif

Coach34
12-13-2015, 12:25 PM
One thing you can absolutely count on for 2016- is that 2 year starter Justin Senior will be one of the starting Tackles.

missouridawg
12-13-2015, 12:29 PM
This made me laugh, but some have been admitted to the emergency room after your OL comments.

Which OL comments you referring to? A little confused.

state66
12-13-2015, 12:38 PM
I still think Staley has the potential to be one of the best QB's in the SEC but after him skipping out on the first bowl practice to travel with the bball team, I only see that pushing him further back behind Fitz. Hes gunna have to have one hell of a spring/fall now. I'm not sure the light has come on for Staley yet on his potential.

Coach34
12-13-2015, 12:43 PM
I still think Staley has the potential to be one of the best QB's in the SEC but after him skipping out on the first bowl practice to travel with the bball team, I only see that pushing him further back behind Fitz. Hes gunna have to have one hell of a spring/fall now. I'm not sure the light has come on for Staley yet on his potential.

exactly. Staley is costing himself valuable reps while still holding on to his basketball dreams.

Tbonewannabe
12-13-2015, 12:46 PM

If Alec Murphy takes 3 years to get on the field with as shitty a run game we had he just needs to leave.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2015, 01:03 PM
He is with football team until after bowl

DancingRabbit
12-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by basedog

Which OL comments you referring to? A little confused.

Not sure if he can answer.
This may be basedog ...
http://33.media.tumblr.com/05c56520239295d3e16e22fecd031905/tumblr_inline_n770lvoAiX1sb3j7h.gif

bulldawg28
12-13-2015, 02:30 PM
He is with football team until after bowl

Not true.

msstate7
12-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Not true.

I either wanna see him practicing football or playing basketball... When is he expected to make his basketball debut?

bulldawg28
12-13-2015, 02:53 PM
I either wanna see him practicing football or playing basketball... When is he expected to make his basketball debut?

He's been with them for a couple of weeks. Mullen is honoring his word to let him play both sports. However, I believe a decision will be made sooner than later to focus on one sport (football)

basedog
12-13-2015, 02:53 PM
This may be basedog ...
http://33.media.tumblr.com/05c56520239295d3e16e22fecd031905/tumblr_inline_n770lvoAiX1sb3j7h.gif

I use to do this when I was a kid, but yeah it could be me!

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2015, 03:02 PM
This may be basedog ...
That should be the defacto gif for anyone put in timeout on this board. The Cooler King can't be beat!

Political Hack
12-13-2015, 03:03 PM
If Alec Murphy takes 3 years to get on the field with as shitty a run game we had he just needs to leave.

If we can't find a way to use a 230 lb RB with an OL that needs help, that's on the staff.

War Machine Dawg
12-13-2015, 03:49 PM

And Concrete Shoes.

the59dawg
12-13-2015, 03:49 PM

If he can't play guard, IMO he won't play. He sure can't play OT

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 04:13 PM
If he can't play guard, IMO he won't play. He sure can't play OT

I still think we put Senior at RT next year, but Jenkins will battle him for the spot. I'm more concerned with our guards next year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Well someone needs to tell Bonner and others who are at practices this because they are tweeting out the Staley taking snaps at practice.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Defiant ... how is Anfernee Mullins looking, heard at one time he was a hard worker, very coachable and really just needs the s&c to become really good.
He's fine when it comes to strength and conditioning. He's built like Ryan brown. Tall and lanky. Good motor.

Tbonewannabe
12-13-2015, 04:35 PM
If we can't find a way to use a 230 lb RB with an OL that needs help, that's on the staff.

We could at a minimum use his as a goal line or Fullback. If he isn't ready to play next year, there is either a talent issue or our coaches can't figure out how to use a good running back. Every other team in Division 1 can figure out how to get freshmen RB on the field their first year in some capacity.

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Well someone needs to tell Bonner and others who are at practices this because they are tweeting out the Staley taking snaps at practice.
Staley is 2 days late to the party. He's taking snaps behind Williams.

DancingRabbit
12-14-2015, 01:16 AM
That should be the defacto gif for anyone put in timeout on this board. The Cooler King can't be beat!

Yeah, it fits. It just hit me out of nowhere when C34 locked that thread that was criticizing him.

Love that movie. One of the coolest parts is when Steve's heading back to the cooler somebody pitches his glove and ball to him.

DudyDawg
12-14-2015, 01:24 AM
C34 locked that thread that was criticizing him..

And kept commenting when no one else could....

louisvilledawg
12-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Can't wait until next year when we hear about how lee, williams, gibson, etc excelled during summer practices and then we see holloway trot out there to run between tackles on the opening series. Gonna drive me to drinking early and often.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-21553-Alec-Baldwin-pouring-infinite-VEfm.gif

Bubb Rubb
12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
exactly. Staley is costing himself valuable reps while still holding on to his basketball dreams.

Guys, there is a reason for this. If Staley thought he was the guy, he would be at football practice. Like defiant said, everybody knows Fitz is the guy.