PDA

View Full Version : Holman/strugg

msstate7
12-13-2015, 01:01 AM
Will we see these 2 this year? We desperately need some big men.

It's time to let Malik run the point and go with this lineup...

1. Malik
2. Q
3. Sword
4. Daniels (until Holman is ready)
5. Ware

drummerdawg
12-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Holman should be back sometime next month, haven't heard anything about Strugg.

Not sure it matters much with the lineup because they still don't do what they're supposed to. Our 1-3 players don't like to feed the post or drive to the basket, instead they prefer to be 3 point shooters. I can't figure out what's going on with Sword because driving the lane is what's he's always been good at. Is Howland trying to make him in to a shooter?

DanDority
12-13-2015, 10:28 AM

Not sure it matters much with the lineup because they still don't do what they're supposed to. Our 1-3 players don't like to feed the post or drive to the basket, instead they prefer to be 3 point shooters. I can't figure out what's going on with Sword because driving the lane is what's he's always been good at. Is Howland trying to make him in to a shooter?

I know this is why we didn't force over time last night, and got beat.

Intramural All-American
12-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Will we see these 2 this year? We desperately need some big men.

It's time to let Malik run the point and go with this lineup...

1. Malik
2. Q
3. Sword
4. Daniels (until Holman is ready)
5. Ware

I've seen absolutely nothing from Newman to make me think he should be a PG. His handles aren't elite, and he looks scared/unable to penetrate to the rim. He honestly doesn't look explosive at all. IJ is the guy we need to be our PG, but only if he will focus on distributing. He shoots way too much as a PG, but he has the quickness and handles to do the job..

HSVDawg
12-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I've seen absolutely nothing from Newman to make me think he should be a PG. His handles aren't elite, and he looks scared/unable to penetrate to the rim. He honestly doesn't look explosive at all. IJ is the guy we need to be our PG, but only if he will focus on distributing. He shoots way too much as a PG, but he has the quickness and handles to do the job..

I'm sure us letting Malik play point was part of the recruiting pitch because that is his ticket to the league. No way he goes lottery or even 1st round as just a two-guard.

Intramural All-American
12-13-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm sure us letting Malik play point was part of the recruiting pitch because that is his ticket to the league. No way he goes lottery or even 1st round as just a two-guard.

He was projected as a PG before ever even playing PG. He was the #1 SG in the country coming out, but the thought was he would move to PG. That move has not looked pretty, and Howland has basically moved him back to the 2. I don't see anyway that he leaves this year because if he wants to be a PG at the next level, he will have to work, a lot.

tcdog70
12-13-2015, 03:26 PM
If MN can't play the point then let Q run the point. We will not win with IJ on the court.

Intramural All-American
12-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Q playing 13 minutes last night is a shame.

the59dawg
12-13-2015, 03:45 PM

And worse none of the 3 can/will play defense. With the game on the line no one would guard their big (really little) shooter and he killed it twice in a row after we got the lead to win for them. When they got behind they got with it. While we were celebrating prematurely, they ran over us and made every shot. We won't beat any real team not playing defense the way we did last nite.

Dawg61
12-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile Georgia Southern's true freshman point guard Tookie Brown is their leading scorer at 15 ppg. Good call on that one. I think Q and Newman should share PG/SG duties and play at the same time. I think Q has the better vision/basketball mind and handles the ball better. I think Newman has elite quickness but his ball handling and decision making is puting anchors on that quickness.