PDA

View Full Version : MBB just lost to Missouri-Kansas City

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Maybe if we had played University of Missouri-Kansas City Martin Luther King Jr. Street we could have won. Fred Thomas & Travis Daniels combined for 2 points. IJ Ready thinks he's Chris Paul all of a sudden. Maybe he'll declare for the NBA after this year. Please declare for the NBA IJ Glass. 76ers might take him #1 overall ahead of Ben Simmons.

msstate7
12-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Ij is always a defensively liability, but he can be an asset offensively when under control. Ij is playing like he's trying to prove something and all he's proving is he's more liability than asset as an overall player

HailState39110
12-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Maybe if we had played University of Missouri-Kansas City Martin Luther King Jr. Street we could have won. Fred Thomas & Travis Daniels combined for 2 points. IJ Ready thinks he's Chris Paul all of a sudden. Maybe he'll declare for the NBA after this year. Please declare for the NBA IJ Glass. 76ers might take him #1 overall ahead of Ben Simmons.

I know IJ is a junior but I would not mind if he left after this year with the other seniors

HoopsDawg
12-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Ij is always a defensively liability, but he can be an asset offensively when under control. Ij is playing like he's trying to prove something and all he's proving is he's more liability than asset as an overall player

Somebody really needs to sit IJ down and let him know he's not the star of this team. He took 15 shots. That's ridiculous. He needs to be taking 6-8 shot per game and distributing the ball. He is quick enough to create shots for Malik, Sword, and Spoon. He plays like he doesn't like Malik or something.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 07:33 PM
I know IJ is a junior but I would not mind if he left after this year with the other seniors

Damn someone go back in time and replace IJ with Georgia Southern's leading scorer. Tookie avg 15 a game as a true frosh. He plays vs Duke Tuesday night 6pm ESPN2 if you're into punishment.

MarketingBully
12-12-2015, 07:38 PM
IJ had 15 shots and Ware had 6.....that is just bad right there. I guess our great recruiting of taking up two recruiting cycles with Ndoye and Daniels has paid off well also....oh wait. Ray's craptastic recruiting leaving our cupboard with an undersized point guard who is a defensive liability and Ndoye and Daniels really paid off today. Will be glad if Ready can get processed next year. We have plenty of talent coming in next year. At least the term, wait till next year has a lot of weight.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 07:45 PM
IJ had 15 shots and Ware had 6.....that is just bad right there. I guess our great recruiting of taking up two recruiting cycles with Ndoye and Daniels has paid off well also....oh wait. Ray's craptastic recruiting leaving our cupboard with an undersized point guard who is a defensive liability and Ndoye and Daniels really paid off today. Will be glad if Ready can get processed next year. We have plenty of talent coming in next year. At least the term, wait till next year has a lot of weight.

Don't forget about Fred Thomas and his zero points today. Dead guys improve as much as FTF does.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 07:47 PM
OK, Howland and staff are going to have to start taking some responsibility for the crap product we currently have. I would have expected to be better than this WITH RAY still coaching and without Newman. Just no excuse to be this bad as a team. Yes, we are quite limited but we have better talent than people like UMKC and Southern U and we still continue to drop even those type games. Heck, Alabama stunk last year too but Avery Johnson and staff have come in and improved their play and they already have 2 or 3 very good quality wins. We certainly aren't seeing anything like that improvement with our staff change.

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Don't forget about Fred Thomas and his zero points today. Dead guys improve as much as FTF does.
This isn't Thomas' first game this year with zero points

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 07:52 PM
This isn't Thomas' first game this year with zero points

Nor is it Abe Lincoln's.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 07:55 PM
OK, Howland and staff are going to have to start taking some responsibility for the crap product we currently have. I would have expected to be better than this WITH RAY still coaching and without Newman. Just no excuse to be this bad as a team. Yes, we are quite limited but we have better talent than people like UMKC and Southern U and we still continue to drop even those type games. Heck, Alabama stunk last year too but Avery Johnson and staff have come in and improved their play and they already have 2 or 3 very good quality wins. We certainly aren't seeing anything like that improvement with our staff change.

USCe is 8-0 with their psycho coach.

msstate7
12-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Ndoye 2nd straight game with zero points. Time to trim the fat. I want Malik (if back), Q, Xavier, strugg, and Holman back... No others

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Ndoye 2nd straight game with zero points.

Ndoye 2nd straight game with zero fouls. His play has improved.

CadaverDawg
12-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Nor is it Abe Lincoln's.

I laughed

mic
12-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Per an ex player form someone inside the program....

Alpha Dog isn't Sword anymore ... He hasn't taken that well.
Locker room isn't good at all..
No leaders on the team..
Team doesn't know how or what it takes to win games constantly.
Upperclassmen haven't bought into CBH yet

one would think after 3 years of horseshit and losing , this team would rally around the new coach, Malik and the other in coming freshman , and really bust their ass and try to get into the post season their last season.. Guess not...

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 08:41 PM

No leaders on the team..

one would think after 3 years of horseshit and losing , this team would rally around the new coach, Malik and the other in coming freshman , and really bust their ass and try to get into the post season their last season.. Guess not...
You can't expect a group of guys who aren't used to winning to start winning out of no where. This isn't the bad news bears.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 08:47 PM

No leaders on the team..

Looks like Ray found a way to **** up this season too.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM
You can't expect a group of guys who aren't used to winning to start winning out of no where. This isn't the bad news bears.

This is a total cop out. Nobody is asking this team to be a mid-seed NCAA team. Plenty of teams with a new coaching staff show some level of improvement. If this team played to its potential there is no reason why it shouldn't be an NIT team with an outside shot of making the NCAAs. But the way we are playing we are almost certainly headed toward another losing season.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM

No leaders on the team..

It's always tough when you have a group of upperclassmen that have done things a certain way for 3 years to buy in to the new coach who didn't recruit any of them. The only player on this team who is Howland's guy is Malik. Holman too, but he hasn't been able to play yet.

This team need to run through Ware, Malik, then Sword as the 3rd option. IJ has become this shoot first PG and is taking way too many shots. Sometimes he comes down and doesn't run any offense at all and just throws up a brick. He does bring value to the table and we don't have many options, but Howland really needs to talk with him or starting cutting his minutes.

CadaverDawg
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM
I have no inside knowledge or anything like that...but my opinion is that Sword & Ready don't like the Malik love, and one has a bad attitude & kinda pouts about it, while the other tries to prove to everyone he's better than Newman by shooting as much as Russell Westbrook while having the skills of this guy...

http://cdn.betches.com/sites/default/files/article/list/images/PSHbasketball.gif

PendingTransaction
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
99.9999999999% of this is Ray's fault. That should cover the next 10 years of shitty BB.

Coach34
12-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Looks like Ray found a way to **** up this season too.

Thats bullshit

we have a divided locker room. We have guys that can't handle the talent of Q and Malik. It's Howland's job to sort this shit out. Start Malik and Q- tell the others to accept their roles or gtfu.

CadaverDawg
12-12-2015, 08:55 PM
I wish Ready would buy in to being a distributor and that Howland would run more of the offense through Sword...and Newman could benefit from that by not having to try and be "the guy", and can just let the game come to him. Clearly seems to be chemistry issues, and I think the Ray veterans dislike Malik & the new regime coming in and trying to take their Senior spotlight from them. I get it, but it's time to grow up and learn to play together, or else everyone loses.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
I have no inside knowledge or anything like that...but my opinion is that Sword & Ready don't like the Malik love, and one has a bad attitude & kinda pouts about it, while the other tries to prove to everyone he's better than Newman by shooting as much as Russell Westbrook while having the skills of this guy...

http://cdn.betches.com/sites/default/files/article/list/images/PSHbasketball.gif

I don't know what the heck is going on with Sword. He has sucked from the very first game even when Malik was barely playing. You would think if someone was worried about losing their alpha dog position they would try to play a little better to show they still deserve some love. MSU sports has just become downright depressing.

CadaverDawg
12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Thats bullshit

we have a divided locker room. We have guys that can't handle the talent of Q and Malik. It's Howland's job to sort this shit out. Start Malik and Q- tell the others to accept their roles or gtfu.

This^

CadaverDawg
12-12-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't know what the heck is going on with Sword. He has sucked from the very first game even when Malik was barely playing. You would think if someone was worried about losing their alpha dog position they would try to play a little better to show they still deserve some love. MSU sports has just become downright depressing.

Yes it has

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Thats bullshit

They are Ray's boys and they are still butthurt over his firing so yea it's still Ray ****ing us over. They still don't realize the only small slither of a shot at continuing their basketball careers is with Howland and they still can't accept he's the new sheriff in town.

Btw I've noticed Brad Stevens died. R.I.P. Brad Stevens. How's 0-9 taste?

msugolf
12-12-2015, 09:23 PM

No leaders on the team..

Starting lineup by SEC would be Malik, Q, Staley, Holman, Ware. Tell the others that they better turn in their vajay-jays at the door or this will be the last time they'll get to play organized basketball in their career.

Bully13
12-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Howland had it going on until that guy got booted. for now, he's lost the team and they are not fighting for him. looks like he's going to have to start from scratch. not a good start for Howland. based on his resume, there was no reason not to expect a .500 SEC team and a NIT invite. he's failed in that area and that is disappointing.

looks like we'll just have to wait till he has "his guys" before we can expect good stuff. Avery Johnson has kicked his ass in this particular area.

oh well. We are MSU I guess. we're gonna just have to endure some dark ages. football's been a downer, now hoops. Cohen, please don't suck cock. we need you man.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2015, 09:35 PM

We basically signed D2 or 3 talent for the Ray years. We have about 2 or 2 1/2 D1 Level players on this team. 2 of those are freshmen. What did y'all expect? I'll always refer to this era of MSU basketball as the Coach 34 era. Hopefully with what Howland has recruited we move beyond it next year.

tcdog70
12-12-2015, 09:41 PM
I have said since day 1 that IJ is a huge problem. I got blasted by all the Stans haters/Rick ray lovers. Ready will score two points and give up four. He will look good when it doesn't matter but fold in the clutch. he can't guard my Grandmother. Start Q and Malik at the guards. And tell them to feed Ware or shoot.Chicken needs to wake the **** up and get on the team.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 09:49 PM
We basically signed D2 or 3 talent for the Ray years. We have about 2 or 2 1/2 D1 Level players on this team. 2 of those are freshmen. What did y'all expect? I'll always refer to this era of MSU basketball as the Coach 34 era. Hopefully with what Howland has recruited we move beyond it next year.

I didn't expect a bunch of mutiny from Sword, Glass, Fred, Daniels, Houston and Black. I expected they would be even more excited than us to have the opportunity to learn from BH. Nope. They'd rather twerk with Ray over actually improving at something that has given them all a free SEC education.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2015, 09:56 PM
I didn't expect a bunch of mutiny from Sword, Glass, Fred, Daniels, Houston and Black. I expected they would be even more excited than us to have the opportunity to learn from BH. Nope. They'd rather twerk with Ray over actually improving at something that has given them all a free SEC education.

I don't think it's a mutiny. Howland is playing real basketball, not defense only. It's absolutely the right move for the future but it ain't gonna be pretty this year. the Coach 34 era of MSU basketball ain't gonna die a pretty death.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 10:03 PM

Plus, a bunch of those guys you named weren't even recruited by Ray anyway.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:05 PM
I don't think it's a mutiny. Howland is playing real basketball, not defense only. It's absolutely the right move for the future but it ain't gonna be pretty this year. the Coach 34 era of MSU basketball ain't gonna die a pretty death.

It's the Scott Stricklin era. C34 would of hired Stansbury back before he hired Rick Ray. This disaster of a program is what happens when your AD goes rogue and hires the application the secretary threw in the trash.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2015, 10:09 PM

LOL, that's true, Rick Ray was our coach the last 3 years and our best 3 players: Ware, Sword, and Malik weren't even signed by him.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:11 PM

You're confused. They all signed when Ray was the coach. Remember Sword, Ware, Fred were part of the same class that lost Gray when Stansbury got fired. Ray came in and they signed with him.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2015, 10:11 PM
I don't see a lack of effort by Sword. He is playing hard. If Howland told IJ to quit shooting unless he is wide open and start creating for Malik and Sword + dumping the ball into Ware, we would win some games. We are 2 years out though. It's going to be a long year this year and we are going to be ridiculously young next year.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2015, 10:12 PM
You're confused. They all signed when Ray was the coach. Remember Sword, Ware, Fred were part of the same class that lost Gray when Stansbury got fired. Ray came in and they signed with him.

All those guys signed when Stans was the coach. Ray released Gray.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 10:15 PM

I could be wrong because I haven't gone back and checked it but I'm almost positive all 3 of the guys you reference signed in the early period before Stansbury even coached his final season.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:16 PM
All those guys signed when Stans was the coach. Ray released Gray.

Every one of them could of been released without penalty but Ray got them to stick with MSU. They are Ray's players.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2015, 10:17 PM
It's the Scott Stricklin era. C34 would of hired Stansbury back before he hired Rick Ray. This disaster of a program is what happens when your AD goes rogue and hires the application the secretary threw in the trash.

That wasn't an option and Ray was literaly the best we could get to take it at the time. On THAT I KNOW my sources are better than anyone here has other than possibly Shannondawg. The reason for that was about 50% the disfuntional child our program had become and about 50% the unrealistic expectations a vocal minority of our fans had.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:19 PM
I could be wrong because I haven't gone back and checked it but I'm almost positive all 3 of the guys you reference signed in the early period before Stansbury even coached his final season.

You aren't wrong but the new coach still has to get the signees to uphold their commitments. Once a coach gets fired the players can get a free release. Gray chose the free release. Ray got the others to stay.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:23 PM
That wasn't an option and Ray was literaly the best we could get to take it at the time. On THAT I KNOW my sources are better than anyone here has other than possibly Shannondawg. The reason for that was about 50% the disfuntional child our program had become and about 50% the unrealistic expectations a vocal minority of our fans had.

Ray wasn't the 500th best candidate. No matter how many times you're told that several other coaches wanted the job you still stick to your guns and say he was the only one. That's 100% bullshit. Hell the head coach at FGCU wanted the job and SS wouldn't even interview him.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Ray wasn't the 500th best candidate. No matter how many times you're told that several other coaches wanted the job you still stick to your guns and say he was the only one. That's 100% bullshit. Hell the head coach at FGCU wanted the job and SS wouldn't even interview him.

Let's put it this way, I know my source. I know where he sat at the Hump then, and still does. I know what he said at the time. Shannondawg MIGHT know more, then again he might not. Let's put it this way, simply by counting SEATS at the Hump MY source on this crap is DAMN good.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 10:44 PM

I'll disagree with that because AT MINIMUM we could have gotten Kermit Davis Jr. from MTSU. He would have been a better selection than Ray.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Every one of them could of been released without penalty but Ray got them to stick with MSU. They are Ray's players.

Incredibly pointless argument, but just so I'm clear, Ray didn't recruit these guys, Ray didn't sign these guys, but since he didn't release them after he took the job, you are calling them Ray's players?? Ok, sure.

CJDAWG85
12-12-2015, 11:22 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... They are a bunch of losers... They do not know how to win. Better get use to it.

Dawg61
12-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Incredibly pointless argument, but just so I'm clear, Ray didn't recruit these guys, Ray didn't sign these guys, but since he didn't release them after he took the job, you are calling them Ray's players?? Ok, sure.

They are Ray's players cause they PLAYED for him for three years. Moron

SheltonChoked
12-13-2015, 12:06 PM
You need to look at Howland's resume closer. He has always struggled the first year. He has a losing record at all 3 stops. Big improvement in year 2.

But in year 3, he's won the league. At every stop.

MafiaDawg
12-13-2015, 01:14 PM
I've not been impressed with BH so far... BUT he's coaching the biggest group of losers that this earth has ever seen. Therefore he gets a pass this year and this year only. i can't wait for ware, sword, thomas, Daniels, nyoye to GTFO of Starkville. They had a decent opportunity to make something of their last year but have wasted it away bc they are titty babies and can't handle freshman being more talented than them. They are losers in every sense of the word, but most importantly their attitude is one of a loser. Not one of them has a winning mentality in any aspect.

Coach34
12-13-2015, 01:16 PM
They are Ray's boys and they are still butthurt over his firing so yea it's still Ray ****ing us over. They still don't realize the only small slither of a shot at continuing their basketball careers is with Howland and they still can't accept he's the new sheriff in town.

Btw I've noticed Brad Stevens died. R.I.P. Brad Stevens. How's 0-9 taste?

aGAIN-they aren't pissed about Ray. They are pissed about Q and Malik being better than them

maroonmania
12-13-2015, 02:28 PM
aGAIN-they aren't pissed about Ray. They are pissed about Q and Malik being better than them

Yea, who in the world would want to bring in more talent on the team and possibly win when you can lose and have lots more playing time! Geez, I hope this is not truly the problem with the team this year. If so that's beyond pathetic and is just SO MSU.

Coach34
12-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Yea, who in the world would want to bring in more talent on the team and possibly win when you can lose and have lots more playing time! Geez, I hope this is not truly the problem with the team this year. If so that's beyond pathetic and is just SO MSU.

1/2 the players on every field or court would rather lose and play more than ride the bench and win

bulldawg28
12-13-2015, 02:43 PM
1/2 the players on every field or court would rather lose and play more than ride the bench and win

I'd say the numbers are higher than that. Most players are selfish and believe they're "da man".

maroonmania
12-13-2015, 02:52 PM

Yea, I could see that if any of them were truly riding the bench but that is not the situation. EVERYBODY who played regularly last year is still getting plenty of minutes on the court even now with Malik and Q. Most aren't playing worth a crap but they are getting more than enough playing time. I'm just starting to think more of the issue is they enjoy giving a half-assed effort and losing no matter the playing time or the head coach involved.

Coach34
12-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Yea, I could see that if any of them were truly riding the bench but that is not the situation. EVERYBODY who played regularly last year is still getting plenty of minutes on the court even now with Malik and Q. Most aren't playing worth a crap but they are getting more than enough playing time. I'm just starting to think more of the issue is they enjoy giving a half-assed effort and losing no matter the playing time or the head coach involved.

Chicken has been the leader of this team for 3 years and our main scoring option. Now- he isn't. He can't handle that. IJ has been the man all his life- now Q is better than him and about to send his ass to the bench. Not having your name called in the starting line-up is a big damn deal to those guys

MarketingBully
12-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Chicken has been the leader of this team for 3 years and our main scoring option. Now- he isn't. He can't handle that. IJ has been the man all his life- now Q is better than him and about to send his ass to the bench. Not having your name called in the starting line-up is a big damn deal to those guys

I will be glad when this current group of seniors graduates and IJ gets processed. Peters, Carter, and Wright will be thousands times better then IJ and Sword when they walk on to the court next year. It won't even be close. Ready has cost us both games we should have won by double digits in the Southern game and the UMKC game. Next year when Malik comes back (unless he has an amazing SEC season) our starting lineup will be Malik, Q, Kegler, Holman, and Herard with Peters, Ado, Wright, Carter, and Stevenson coming off the bench. That group is going to win a lot of games in the maroon and white. Book it. Also that group could beat our current group by 25 IMO.

Dawg61
12-13-2015, 04:29 PM
I will be glad when this current group of seniors graduates and IJ gets processed. Peters, Carter, and Wright will be thousands times better then IJ and Sword when they walk on to the court next year. It won't even be close. Ready has cost us both games we should have won by double digits in the Southern game and the UMKC game. Next year when Malik comes back (unless he has an amazing SEC season) our starting lineup will be Malik, Q, Kegler, Holman, and Herard with Peters, Ado, Wright, Carter, and Stevenson coming off the bench. That group is going to win a lot of games in the maroon and white. Book it. Also that group could beat our current group by 25 IMO.

Stapelton not Stevenson right? Anyone know anything about Strugg? Is he going to be able to keep up with the rest of the team?

MarketingBully
12-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Stapelton not Stevenson right? Anyone know anything about Strugg? Is he going to be able to keep up with the rest of the team?

Yes, Stapleton my apologies.

I seen it dawg
12-13-2015, 04:51 PM
This roster is mostly glorified tin gymers. Good riddance to the pieces of shit. ****ing have some pride in yourself and the program you are in. Sorry ****ers.

MarketingBully
12-13-2015, 08:14 PM
I've not been impressed with BH so far... BUT he's coaching the biggest group of losers that this earth has ever seen. Therefore he gets a pass this year and this year only. i can't wait for ware, sword, thomas, Daniels, nyoye to GTFO of Starkville. They had a decent opportunity to make something of their last year but have wasted it away bc they are titty babies and can't handle freshman being more talented than them. They are losers in every sense of the word, but most importantly their attitude is one of a loser. Not one of them has a winning mentality in any aspect.

Wooden, Knight, Coach K, Dean Smith or Roy Williams couldn't get much out of this team. I give Howland a pass because he has three final fours to his name and he has three rebuilds to his name and is an incredible recruiter on top of a great coach. If this group of seniors doesn't want to learn from a coach of Howland's pedigree, we don't need them. This group of kids will go down as possibly the worst we have had in MSU basketball.

chef dixon
12-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Divided locker room sound cool and generates a story but bottom line is our players just aren't very good. If 3+ years of evidence isn't enough to see that then I don't know what is.

louisvilledawg
12-14-2015, 10:11 AM
I.J. would have a hard time not turning the ball over against 5 strategically placed folding chairs. That dude is slaw. We get it bro, you are fast and have a little bit of an offensive skillset.
FTF is trash too. Dude can jack up threes from the corner with the best of them tho. RAIN MAN! (along came polly reference)

I wouldn't mind Gavin taking 15-18 shots.

MarketingBully
12-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Q and Malik were 5-12 from three point land. The seniors + Ready were a scolding 2-17. That is really really bad.