PDA

View Full Version : Losing Hughes

BHildreth3
12-12-2015, 07:18 PM
If we lose Tony who do we go after with a ton of coin to be our recruiting coordinator?

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 07:25 PM
would do we

We would do

Coach34
12-12-2015, 07:31 PM
We have already talked to Terrell Buckley at Lousville and a couple others. Tony is moving on

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Terrell Buckley #1 guy. We can give him a nice bump in pay.

Really Clark?
12-12-2015, 07:59 PM
I know this is on the offensive side but would we consider bringing in Chip Long. Good coach/recruiting coordinator, very good recruiter, from Alabama and played at North Alabama. His salary we can also bump up.

Bully13
12-12-2015, 08:04 PM
I say we promote Bracky.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm trying to spin this positive, but short term how much will the affect the current relationships? He's the primary on a couple big name guys.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I'm trying to spin this positive, but short term how much will the affect the current relationships? He's the primary on a couple big name guys.

The positive is that our secondary won't suck ass anymore

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Only primary recruiter he's on is Kaderrion Mason. He's on Simmons & Raekwon but Turner has taken the lead on both of them & the whole staff has helped with Jeffery.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 09:17 PM
The positive is that our secondary won't suck ass anymore

Well no guarantee of that.

mic
12-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Only primary recruiter he's on is Kaderrion Mason. He's on Simmons & Raekwon but Turner has taken the lead on both of them & the whole staff has helped with Jeffery.

The whole ****ing staff better be on Simmons and AJ...

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2015, 09:43 PM
The whole ****ing staff better be on Simmons and AJ...

Um I just said that.

mic
12-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Um I just said that.

I know I'm just saying it again...

SallyStansbury
12-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Hud, Brewster, Hughes......

Losing our best recruiters? No problem! Plug and play just like offensive linemen, right?

Surely Urban has a superior secondary coach we could get, maybe some Yankee pal that Used to work with Mullen? That would really smooth over the recruiting!!!

Todd4State
12-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Paul Jones just said we will likely know something on Hughes and Jackson State tomorrow.

I know Tony will take it if offered. But knowing Jackson State, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they do something ridiculous and make some out of left field hire. Still expect them to hire Tony though.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 09:59 PM

Losing our best recruiters? No problem! Plug and play just like offensive linemen, right?

Surely Urban has a superior secondary coach we could get, maybe some Yankee pal that Used to work with Mullen? That would really smooth over the recruiting!!!

Enough with the Tony Hughes is an awesome recruiter shit. Have we ever had a top 10 class while he's been here? Meanwhile we have had terrible secondary play for the last five years. We need a secondary coach that can coach the secondary.

maroonmania
12-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Enough with the Tony Hughes is an awesome recruiter shit. Have we ever had a top 10 class while he's been here? Meanwhile we have had terrible secondary play for the last five years. We need a secondary coach that can coach the secondary.

No, but we've been a fairly consistent Top 30 recruiter and that's been primarily because we've been getting our share and more of the top guys in state. What happens to our recruiting if we don't at least keep that up?

BossDawg
12-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Someone that can recruit......for the love of God, someone that can RECRUIT!!!!

PLEASE!!!

deltadawg99
12-12-2015, 10:19 PM
How is Buckley as a recruiter?

You'd think having 2 super bowl champs in Buckley and Townsend coaching our secondary would impress recruits.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:27 PM
No, but we've been a fairly consistent Top 30 recruiter and that's been primarily because we've been getting our share and more of the top guys in state. What happens to our recruiting if we don't at least keep that up?

Have we had a top 30 secondary any of the last five years? TH is our secondary coach. His secondary sucks. If he was the special teams coach and our kickers missed fifty field goals a year you wouldn't want him coaching kickers anymore. Why does that change when it's the secondary?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2015, 11:10 PM
I know that JSU's academics are underfunded so I can only guess what their athletic budget is like. I'd be really interested in seeing where the money comes from if their salary increases by a substantial amount.

engie
12-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Dumbest ****ing threads ever.

Todd4State
12-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Have we had a top 30 secondary any of the last five years? TH is our secondary coach. His secondary sucks. If he was the special teams coach and our kickers missed fifty field goals a year you wouldn't want him coaching kickers anymore. Why does that change when it's the secondary?

So Melvin and Deshea get a total pass?

Todd4State
12-12-2015, 11:27 PM
I know that JSU's academics are underfunded so I can only guess what their athletic budget is like. I'd be really interested in seeing where the money comes from if their salary increases by a substantial amount.

They are one of the top drawing FCS schools and have a large fan base for a HBCU/FCS school. Plus, I think we're probably talking 250-500K here, so I don't think it will be a substantial amount of money that we're talking about. If Hughes or whomever asks for more than 500K then it may start to become an issue for them.

BeastMan
12-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Terrell Buckley #1 guy. We can give him a nice bump in pay.

I have to be honest here. Our safeties have been shit since Hughes got here. A young energized duo of Buckley and Townsend could wreck shop recruiting MS if we concentrated them here. When Melvin left some folks thought it would kill our instate recruiting and it didn't. This is a similar situation imo. Obviously my first thought is we don't want to lose our associate HC and ace recruiter right now but I'm at a point where I want staff shake-ups one way or another and Buckley as a replacement would be a grand slam.

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 11:59 PM
I have to be honest here. Our safeties have been shit since Hughes got here. A young energized duo of Buckley and Townsend could wreck shop recruiting MS if we concentrated them here. When Melvin left some folks thought it would kill our instate recruiting and it didn't. This is a similar situation imo. Obviously my first thought is we don't want to lose our associate HC and ace recruiter right now but I'm at a point where I want staff shake-ups one way or another and Buckley as a replacement would be a grand slam.

It's kind of ironic that Buckley and Townsend are both Mississippi boys who chose to play out of state for college, yet they both may have the opportunity to coach in state.

HoopsDawg
12-13-2015, 12:12 AM

It's time for Townsend to start winning these recruiting battles like Knott.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-13-2015, 12:22 AM

With all due respect, to put Hud and Brew even in the same sentence as Hughes is laughable. Good internet heroes. Not so much on the trail.

BeastMan
12-13-2015, 12:24 AM

I'm with you and I think he can start making big moves

Todd4State
12-13-2015, 12:35 AM

I have a thought- maybe we get Buckley to replace Townsend? Both have only coached CB's as far as I can tell. Then we replace Hughes with someone like Lance Thompson from Auburn and have him coach LB's and then move Manny to coach safeties. And yes, Manny does have experience coaching safeties.

And if it were me, I'd tell Sallach and Hevesy to get lost and bring in someone like Chris Klenakis to coach the o-line and then bring in some recruiting guru like Chip Long in to coach the TE's.

deltadawg99
12-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Chip Long to replace Sallach would be the ideal scenario. Move Sallach to the office like we almost did a few years ago.

Hevesy ain't going anywhere unless by some miracle he gets hired elsewhere.

Saltydog
12-13-2015, 10:15 AM
What's changed?

Dawg61
12-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Townsend can be next on the list to go if the secondary doesn't improve. He hasn't landed anyone and his CB's besides Redmond haven't been anything special but they have been much better than the safeties. His name is carrying him a long way. Time for his results to catch up.

bulldawg28
12-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Townsend can be next on the list to go if the secondary doesn't improve. He hasn't landed anyone and his CB's besides Redmond haven't been anything special but they have been much better than the safeties. His name is carrying him a long way. Time for his results to catch up.

Redmond has been the only elite corner he's had. Calhoun's game took a step upward this year

defiantdog
12-13-2015, 05:00 PM
Redmond has been the only elite corner he's had. Calhoun's game took a step upward this year
Who else has he had a chance to develop? Graham, Smitherman and Stamps are still young ...... But they're all going to be good.