PDA

View Full Version : Army-Navy, can't decide if Navy's helmets are the most awesome I

Dawgowar
12-12-2015, 04:28 PM
have ever seen or if they were painted by some dude at the mall.

Good game so far.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 04:43 PM
They have battleships painted on them. They are awesome! But you are right they also look like a painting you'd find walking along Laguna Beach's boardwalk.

Dawgowar
12-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I call BS if I see one that says "Johnny Luvs Vivian"

State82
12-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I think they are awesome. So are the "trousers", as Jack would say, with "Damn the torpedoes" down the leg. On a side note, is the Army coach Todd Monken's brother?

Jack Lambert
12-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Did you notice Army's helmets. May not be as cool but better due to their meaning. Each position has the emblem of the different division are on different helmets based on position and I am almost sure the stripes down the middle has the name of West Point Grads who served in those divisions.

Dawgowar
12-12-2015, 07:07 PM
The division patches were on their shoulders. The names were the Army's Campaign Battles for the history of the US Army. The emblems on the side were the branches - Infantry , Artillery , ETC and then they put another division emblem on the back.

Served as an Army officer, son of a Naval Academy Grad, and never can bring myself to cheer for West Point. One thing, wish all rivalries were as intense but equally respectful.

Seeing those kids sing their Alma Maters at the end, watching the seniors cry as it is their last game - always a good moment.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Did you notice Army's helmets. May not be as cool but better due to their meaning. Each position has the emblem of the different division are on different helmets based on position and I am almost sure the stripes down the middle has the name of West Point Grads who served in those divisions.

Thought it was funny seeing a WR for Army wearing the armor insignia with an 82nd patch.