PDA

View Full Version : 2 players arrested

MaroonFlounder
12-12-2015, 11:41 AM
according to Joel Coleman on Twitter. Ward and Green?

msstate7
12-12-2015, 11:42 AM
https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/mississippi-state-linebackers-green-ward-arrested/

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Guess that's what someone else was just talking about. Possession of beer in a dry county. If they'd only had tequila...

msstate7
12-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Another example of the difference in how local media treats each program. There's no way an Oxford paper puts out this about a couple of om players

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Another example of the difference in how local media treats each program. There's no way an Oxford paper puts out this about a couple of om players

Bracky probably wrote the press release.

CJDAWG85
12-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Sounds like they were in the Highlands.

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2015, 11:59 AM
according to Joel Coleman on Twitter. Ward and Green?

Talk about much ado about nothing.

HSVDawg
12-12-2015, 12:00 PM
https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/mississippi-state-linebackers-green-ward-arrested/

What a joke. Possession of beer in a dry county? The fact that Green (who is under 21 I'm assuming) wasn't even charged with minor in possession shows that he probably wasn't even drinking. Probably just had some beer in his fridge or something. I f**king hate the Starkville cops.

Coach34
12-12-2015, 12:05 PM
It was a party and things just got loud. Kids will be kids. Sville cops were actually pretty cool considering how it went down.

Green is iffy for bowl game now

AROB44
12-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Is Oktibbeha County dry? Could have fooled me.

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Is Oktibbeha County dry? Could have fooled me.

It's dry for beer. You can have all the hard stuff you want. Figure that out.

deltadawg99
12-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Got to love this quote from the officer. What a crock of shit

“We were trying to put handcuffs on him and he was pulling away,” Garnett said. “Wasn’t a fight or anything.”

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Got to love this quote from the officer. What a crock of shit

“We were trying to put handcuffs on him and he was pulling away,” Garnett said. “Wasn’t a fight or anything.”
I couldn't imagine trying to put handcuffs on Green.

coastratdog
12-12-2015, 12:58 PM
If they only were put in ICU at the hospital the possession of beer could all have been kept silent.

I thought beer was legal now. You just can't buy cold beer unless in a dining establishment. This sucks for recruiting too. Tell a kid he can't have a cold one in his own home. Should have driven East about 9 miles like the old days.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Seriously, Beer? How do these archaic laws still exist in this day and age?

Homedawg
12-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Guys- just read what coach said on this one. Nothing more needs to be said.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Starkville is wet but the county is dry. The guy that ran Corky's was telling us if we lived in the apartments behind campus that cops could stop you and make you dump an entire keg. That is batshit crazy.

confucius say
12-12-2015, 01:06 PM
The resisting arrest and disorderly conduct charges would worry me more. But both are misdemeanors. No assault on an officer charge (felony) means they didn't touch the officers, which is good.

Thompson92
12-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Wow, if having beer in the Highlands is a crime, I (and thousands of other MSU students) have violated that many times. What a waste of time. Also, what about Cowbells?

Coach34
12-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Wow, if having beer in the Highlands is a crime, I (and thousands of other MSU students) have violated that many times. What a waste of time. Also, what about Cowbells?

The cops didnt just show up there because there was beer- dont be naive. Hopefully our guys learn from the mistake and the cops did a good job here.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2015, 01:51 PM

You and me both. A lot of firsts out there for me, including banging a fat chick in a garage that I met at Rick's Saturday night "dolla you holla".

Political Hack
12-12-2015, 01:57 PM
This thread just took an interesting turn...

sleepy dawg
12-12-2015, 08:09 PM

No question about it.

BrunswickDawg
12-12-2015, 08:19 PM
You and me both. A lot of firsts out there for me, including banging a fat chick in a garage that I met at Rick's Saturday night "dolla you holla".
Guess we now know your philosophy of life - "Go big or go home".

jbjones
12-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Starkville is wet but the county is dry. The guy that ran Corky's was telling us if we lived in the apartments behind campus that cops could stop you and make you dump an entire keg. That is batshit crazy.

Haha..."Old Man Corky", I call him. I got him to actually talk to me the other day. I've been a customer since '98. But I digress...

The County is dry, the city is wet...it's..(tired of typing and deleting) what it is.

That particular part of the "county" has been overly problematic to the "emergency services". I had a student worker that was a volunteer fireman. They were out there damn near every weekend. And it wasn't for fires.

I hear that there has been a serious push to revoking Cowbells "resort" status (which would remove their ability to serve alcohol in the county), but nothing has come of it. We'll see....

-JB

Charlie_Sheen420
12-12-2015, 08:30 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3ucdw4.jpg

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Guess we now know your philosophy of life - "Go big or go home".

Just being a good wing man haha or at least that's what I tell myself. Just trying to distract the masses. Anything for the good of the program.

PendingTransaction
12-12-2015, 09:01 PM
The cops didnt just show up there because there was beer- dont be naive. Hopefully our guys learn from the mistake and the cops did a good job here.

Thanks Coach. This could have been a lot worst for the players. SPD did a great job.