PDA

View Full Version : Belk Bowl Practice ..

BiscuitEater
12-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Think today (Fri) was the first practice. Any insights from anybody that was there?

Grades for the fall semester should be in by now. Any noticeable absences noted?

Any new wrinkles? Offense? Defense?

Thanks,
Biscuit

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 07:20 PM
D Lee was practicing, Staley wasn't there, N Gibson is our best running back (IMO), Tiano looks like Peyton Manning throwing the ball, Green is practicing at DE, Peters is practicing everywhere on D, Walley is done, Smitherman is our most talented DB on the field right now, and that's about it..... they just went through drills without pads.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 07:23 PM
D Lee was practicing, Staley wasn't there, N Gibson is our best running back (IMO), Tiano looks like Peyton Manning throwing the ball, Green is practicing at DE, Peters is practicing everywhere on D, Walley is done, Smitherman is our most talented DB on the field right now, and that's about it..... they just went through drills without pads.

Tiano a dark horse to win the job next season?

msstate7
12-11-2015, 07:30 PM
I wanna know how fletcher Adams, Deddrick thomas, mixon, stamps, and mullins look in practice

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Tiano a dark horse to win the job next season?

He was 4th string at practice and probably behind Staley (even though Staley wasn't there). Tiano won't win any jobs next year, but he may sneak up the list to #2.

mic
12-11-2015, 07:34 PM
I wanna know how fletcher Adams, Deddrick thomas, mixon, stamps, and mullins look in practice

I saw Thomas last spring.. Looked very explosive.. I'm hoping he gets a shot at KOR..

I'm guessing but if Dear had not also been year last spring I think Thomas would have played this year and Dear would have redshirted...

Bothrops
12-11-2015, 07:35 PM
How is Murphy looking, and the new corners and D-line newbies?

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
I saw Thomas last spring.. Looked very explosive.. I'm hoping he gets a shot at KOR..

I'm guessing but if Dear had not also been year last spring I think Thomas would have played this year and Dear would have redshirted...
Thomas was playing Slot and outside..... he was all over the place.

How is Murphy looking, and the new corners and D-line newbies?
Murphy didn't do anything really special..... almost a step behind some of the other guys. Smitherman is the real deal..... I can't say that enough.

Didn't get to see the DL too much.... had my 11 year old son with me. Lineman are boring to kids. Stamps was a no go.... supposedly had surgery at the beginning of the season. Mixon is going to break some ankles next year. I'm surprised he hasn't run out of his shoes yet.

mic
12-11-2015, 08:27 PM
I heard Shump was still at RB..
I was really hoping we would try him out on the defensive side of the ball during bowl practice to see how he looked.
Maybe we make that move in the spring..

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 08:36 PM
I heard Shump was still at RB..
I was really hoping we would try him out on the defensive side of the ball during bowl practice to see how he looked.
Maybe we make that move in the spring..

He was mainly a spectator

mic
12-11-2015, 08:46 PM
He was mainly a spectator

That's why I wish we would try him now..
We are going to give young guys basically all the reps until the final few practices.
We don't have much depth at Back up LB with injuries and Green at DE.
If we are going to move him, it would perfect time for him to get a few practices in to see how he looked..

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Correct on stamps, but it was minor surgery to clean up a little issue. He should be ready to go in the spring.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Glad to hear Smitherman looks solid. Supposedly he busted his ass this summer with Redmond and the veterans...sounds like it paid off.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Ryan Brown had surgery on foot. Out for bowl game.

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I still think Shumpert should be a FB. Peters is a freak show. I love Deddrick Thomas as well. I think he has a chance to be a special KR/PR for us.

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 11:13 PM
I still think Shumpert should be a FB. Peters is a freak show. I love Deddrick Thomas as well. I think he has a chance to be a special KR/PR for us.

You haven't seen Mixon yet

Bully13
12-11-2015, 11:14 PM
doesn't matter. after an egg bowl ass whippin' ,we always lose the bowl game. I could give 2 shits about it personally. would be fitting to end on another ass whippin' as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably not watch a down. certainly won't watch a live play. if we win, I'll consider watching a replay. but I doubt we could beat a JV team right now.

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 11:26 PM
doesn't matter. after an egg bowl ass whippin' ,we always lose the bowl game. I could give 2 shits about it personally. would be fitting to end on another ass whippin' as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably not watch a down. certainly won't watch a live play. if we win, I'll consider watching a replay. but I doubt we could beat a JV team right now.
You seem like a fun person to hang out with.....

Todd4State
12-12-2015, 12:11 AM
You haven't seen Mixon yet

I haven't seen a lot of him to be honest. All I have seen is his highlight film and I remember that he was pretty shifty.

I think he could be what Dan would have wanted Holloway to be- an elite speed guy, but I think Mixon could be a far better player than Holloway is.

nicks_hammer
12-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Yall effers are depressing on here. I'll just keep on drankin beam and watchin some movies.

bulldawg28
12-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Gibson is the real deal and should play if the coaches are fair. His an legit SEC running back.

MetEdDawg
12-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Gibson is the real deal and should play if the coaches are fair. His an legit SEC running back.

Next year is a big year for us in terms of youth playing over experience. Seems like Gibson and Aeris are legit backs, along with Dear. Does Shump carry the load early next year or do those 3 get the majority of snaps? Seems Smitherman is the real deal as well. Are we going to play Smokey and/or Jiles over him if he is in fact better? Is Damian Williams really going to get a shot over Fitz and/or Staley? Do Evans and Coman take the safety snaps early, or do McLaurin, Bryant, and Peters take considerably more reps?

These are huge question marks for me and could very well be the difference is us getting 8 wins or 6 wins.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Damn that's some talent between the 3 young bucks. It's going to be interesting to see how they play them and if they all remain at safety.

FISHDAWG
12-12-2015, 10:05 AM
You seem like a fun person to hang out with.....

him and Todd must share the same DNA

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2015, 10:09 AM

Can't wait to see him in 3 years.

RougeDawg
12-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Next year is a big year for us in terms of youth playing over experience. Seems like Gibson and Aeris are legit backs, along with Dear. Does Shump carry the load early next year or do those 3 get the majority of snaps? Seems Smitherman is the real deal as well. Are we going to play Smokey and/or Jiles over him if he is in fact better? Is Damian Williams really going to get a shot over Fitz and/or Staley? Do Evans and Coman take the safety snaps early, or do McLaurin, Bryant, and Peters take considerably more reps?

These are huge question marks for me and could very well be the difference is us getting 8 wins or 6 wins.

Wha...huh? Did I and every other State fan miss a presser or announcement where Dan said he had a epiphany and was changing up his coaching philosophy? Just please try not to get your hopes up.

Political Hack
12-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Without pads on the RBs performance don't really matter much.

Coach34
12-12-2015, 02:36 PM
we are 6-6 team next year because of our OL and DL players we will have- plus our drop in CB talent and experience

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 02:45 PM
we are 6-6 team next year because of our OL and DL players we will have- plus our drop in CB talent and experience

Completely agree..... but on the other hand, the youthful players on the team are talented enough to get surprise victories. I'm saying 7 - 5 because I think our young guys have more talent (if they have the opportunity to play). 8 - 4 is needed for upsets and 9 - 3 would be miraculous. We need guys like AJ Brown to help us hit that next level.

Coach34
12-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Completely agree..... but on the other hand, the youthful players on the team are talented enough to get surprise victories. I'm saying 7 - 5 because I think our young guys have more talent (if they have the opportunity to play). 8 - 4 is needed for upsets and 9 - 3 would be miraculous. We need guys like AJ Brown to help us hit that next level.

no doubt- that will be the fun part of next year- can this team upset someone? The expectations will be very low- so not much pressure

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Apparently Rankin, Jung, & Leo Lewis are showing out at practice.

Rankin showing out at LT & allowing Jenkins to play RT & Leo showing out at ML and allowing Green to play DE, could do wonders for our trenches next year.

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Apparently Rankin, Jung, & Leo Lewis are showing out at practice.

Rankin showing out at LT & allowing Jenkins to play RT & Leo showing out at ML and allowing Green to play DE, could do wonders for our trenches next year.

Green was playing MLB in practice, Leo was backing him up. Leo hits like a truck. He hit Tiano a few times..... oops. His endurance has definitely picked up since he shed the weight. I can see Tim Washington playing some DE as well..... he's stupid quick for his size.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Green was playing MLB in practice, Leo was backing him up. Leo hits like a truck. He hit Tiano a few times..... oops. His endurance has definitely picked up since he shed the weight. I can see Tim Washington playing some DE as well..... he's stupid quick for his size.

What are your thoughts on Tiano?

What does he do well?

What is his ceiling?

Who does he remind you of?

I remember watching his recruiting video and not loving his arm action and delivery. Has that improved?

defiantdog
12-12-2015, 05:37 PM
What are your thoughts on Tiano?

What does he do well?

What is his ceiling?

Who does he remind you of?

I remember watching his recruiting video and not loving his arm action and delivery. Has that improved?

His video doesn't do him justice to how he's practiced. He has quick feet and a quick delivery. He can throw the ball 100 yards flat footed. He's not as fast as Fitz, but he's a better passer. I think he over throws the short passes like Dak, but he can fix that. I don't think he's quite there to fight for a spot next year, but he's a lot better than I thought he'd be at this point. He'll be a much taller Aaron Murray. He's a gunslinger that isn't afraid to lower his shoulder. Except to Leo, that dude is a bad man.