PDA

View Full Version : Not a bone, not a biscuit. How about a beer

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Just some general info

If coach Hughes leaves for Jackson State, who can blame the guy. And no doubt he will be successful. If that happens, how about Terrell Buckley as a replacement. Coaches at Louisville and recruits Mississippi hard for them.

McGinnis and Gooden on campus this weekend. Looks like a good weekend.

Note to Ole Miss media. If you bring something up to a member of the Msu media, he didn't agree with you just cause you brought it up. Oh and your son being on the team doesn't make him a source. Ole Miss Alabama battle my ass.

Coach34
12-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Note to Ole Miss media. If you bring something up to a member of the Msu media, he didn't agree with you just cause you brought it up. Oh and your son being on the team doesn't make him a source. Ole Miss Alabama battle my ass.

Nice

Hey Rebs- "For The Children"

Taog Redloh
12-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a damn good hire to me. From the coach, has ties in Florida. Pay him and let him work.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Just some general info

If coach Hughes leaves for Jackson State, who can blame the guy. And no doubt he will be successful. If that happens, how about Terrell Buckley as a replacement. Coaches at Louisville and recruits Mississippi hard for them.

Last paragraph was Simmons?

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 01:29 PM
John Broussard will be on campus as well. He's also an early enrolee..... he's a must imo.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 01:33 PM
John Broussard will be on campus as well. He's also an early enrolee..... he's a must imo.

How likely is he to flip?

nicks_hammer
12-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Just some general info

I didn't realize that he was from MS. Seems like a good choice IF Tony Hughes chooses to move on. Is he a good recruiter?

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 01:41 PM
How likely is he to flip?

If he shows up Saturday, there's a possibility. Expect Auburn to blow up his phone until midnight on Sunday though.

BankerDog
12-11-2015, 01:41 PM

Going to be hard to visit and play in the All Star game on Saturday..

BankerDog
12-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Just some general info

I would love Buckley. Great recruiter. Brings me to another point, if Knox were for someone reason to leave; how would the board feel about Robert Gillipesie at UT-Knox being his replacement? MS guy, that's known for his recruiting.

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 01:47 PM

He's coming after the game. There are a few prospects potentially coming after the game. Recruiting is another beast. Remember, Chris Jones used to be in Starkville and Oxford at the same time every day in January.

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I would love Buckley. Great recruiter. Brings me to another point, if Knox were for someone reason to leave; how would the board feel about Robert Gillipesie at UT-Knox being his replacement? MS guy, that's known for his recruiting.

If JSU comes up with the money, Hughes is probably going to take it. I want Brewster back. I want someone who is hungry to recruit.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2015, 01:52 PM
He's coming after the game. There are a few prospects potentially coming after the game. Recruiting is another beast. Remember, Chris Jones used to be in Starkville and Oxford at the same time every day in January.

I think Auburn could lose him. Two different DC in two years and no DC hired as of yet. I think if we go at it hard we could get him.

Political Hack
12-11-2015, 02:13 PM

There were days he was in both... Not sure how he pulled off that "exact same time" stunt though.

jumbo
12-11-2015, 02:13 PM

He and Drelan Poter are going to come after the game. Porter is likely headed to JUCO

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
If Broussard visits you have to like our chances.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Porter is likely headed to JUCO

Grades? I thought he was good to go and that's why he had a chance to leave Batesville/Oxford.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2015, 02:52 PM
If Broussard visits you have to like our chances.

I think State was the first to offer when he was still a sophomore and he might appreciate that.

jumbo
12-11-2015, 02:54 PM
I think State was the first to offer when he was still a sophomore and he might appreciate that.

If I remember correctly, he was very very high on us but being basically from Auburn gave them the slight edge.

Homedawg
12-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Grades? I thought he was good to go and that's why he had a chance to leave Batesville/Oxford.

Porter is heading to juco in jan if all things hold true.

Dawg61
12-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I want Brewster back. I want someone who is hungry to recruit.

He did bring us Fred Ross singlehandedly just about. Brewster was only here for like 6 months and flipped a 4* Texas WR (committed to Ok St) who will end up being a top 10 All-Time MSU WR. I'd be more than pleased if we could get Brewster for a couple years this time.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2015, 03:04 PM
He did bring us Fred Ross singlehandedly just about. Brewster was only here for like 6 months and flipped a 4* Texas WR (committed to Ok St) who will end up being a top 10 All-Time MSU WR. I'd be more than pleased if we could get Brewster for a couple years this time.

Koening did the heavy lifting on Ross.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2015, 03:09 PM

Brewster flipped Fred Ross
Got the staff to offer Bear
Almost landed projected 1st round pick Mackensie Alexander
Had us in the game with projected 1st round pick Jalen Ramsey
Not sure if it was Brewster or not, be we were also close to landing projected 1st round pick Andrew Billings

Regardless of what some people thought about Brewster, we were our most aggressive in recruiting during his short tenure. I'd give my left nut to have him back

jumbo
12-11-2015, 03:10 PM
I'd take Brewster back in a heartbeat

Really Clark?
12-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Liked Brewster. Great recruiter. He is not leaving FSU. And Keonning was a big part of why we got Ross. And he had family already at State.

Political Hack
12-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Lmao. Fred Ross was headed to Starkville as far back as the summer before NSD. They were just able to keep it quiet while he stayed on the Okie State hot list.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Not sure if it was Brewster or not, be we were also close to landing projected 1st round pick Andrew Billings

Regardless of what some people thought about Brewster, we were our most aggressive in recruiting during his short tenure. I'd give my left nut to have him back

What's so special about your left? Why not the right? Does the left not work or something?

Coach34
12-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Koening did the heavy lifting on Ross.

This is correct. Brewster in fact did very little for us

Bothrops
12-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I thought Brewster was the hand that initially got us Donald Gray, before juco.

SDDawg
12-11-2015, 03:42 PM
So, David Johnson is making an ass of himself again? #DaysThatEndInY

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-11-2015, 03:46 PM
I liked Brewster. But didn't like the way he recruited. He is very heavily involved with guys that "can help you get an offer if your family pays me 5 grand". And he didn't understand he was a position coach and not a head coach. Mouth wrote checks his ass couldn't cash. But other then that he was great

Raytoraid83
12-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Last paragraph was Simmons?

AJ

BankerDog
12-11-2015, 03:59 PM

I apologize how soon we forget ha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2015, 04:07 PM
That and is Aunt worked for Mississippi State..that might have had a bearing as well

Really Clark?
12-11-2015, 04:08 PM
I liked Brewster. But didn't like the way he recruited. He is very heavily involved with guys that "can help you get an offer if your family pays me 5 grand". And he didn't understand he was a position coach and not a head coach. Mouth wrote checks his ass couldn't cash. But other then that he was great

Yes. People forgot the turmoil around a certain Team USA player and others Brewster made commitments to without the HC approving.

Big4Dawg
12-11-2015, 04:12 PM
That and is Aunt worked for Mississippi State..that might have had a bearing as well

His aunt was an assistant basketball coach

Coach34
12-11-2015, 04:23 PM
AJ

unless something has drastically changed- AJ and Metcalf won't attend the same school

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2015, 04:28 PM
unless something has drastically changed- AJ and Metcalf won't attend the same school

Facts

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Yes. People forgot the turmoil around a certain Team USA player and others Brewster made commitments to without the HC approving.

Yep. Now Eli is going to ole miss, who know what's going on with Robert and his dad, pollock turned down an SEC offer to play at Rutgers, and O'Donnell can't get recruited cause Roberts dad is his coach now. Glad we didn't stay In all that drama

msstate7
12-11-2015, 04:49 PM

So you're saying om is gonna lose metcalf?**

shrimp
12-11-2015, 07:40 PM

Brewster could shoot lightening bolts out of his arse!!

shrimp
12-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Just some general info

T-Buck would be a great hire. He and Keith Joseph Sr were junior teammates on Pascagoula's 1987 state championship team. I think he probably has his eyes on Tallahassee for the long term, but I'd take him for a few years. He's a good dude.

HancockCountyDog
12-11-2015, 07:54 PM
T-Buck would be a great hire. He and Keith Joseph Sr were junior teammates on Pascagoula's 1987 state championship team. I think he probably has his eyes on Tallahassee for the long term, but I'd take him for a few years. He's a good dude.

I would love to get Robert Gillepsie, he is an ace recruiter in MS.

Big4Dawg
12-11-2015, 08:51 PM

He coaches CB at Louisville. Guessing it's easy to make the switch over to safeties

Dawg61
12-11-2015, 11:34 PM

Lol I forgot about his Team USA Kindergarden. Think that RB can watch PG-13 movies yet? Some of yall went full retard over a ten year old.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Lol I forgot about his Team USA Kindergarden. Think that RB can watch PG-13 movies yet? Some of yall went full retard over a ten year old.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong person, he graduates this year.