PDA

View Full Version : A look at SEC Baseball for this weekend

CadaverDawg
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
#10 Kentucky
#2 LSU

#3 Vanderbilt
#16 Mississippi

#9 Arkansas (Series starts tonight on TV)
Alabama

#12 South Carolina
Tennessee

Florida
#18 Mississippi State

Auburn
Texas A&M

Missouri
Georgia

As you can see, this is a big time weekend in SEC Baseball. With LSU and Ole Miss playing ranked teams at home, and Arkie on the road, we could really make up some ground in the West with 2 or 3 wins this weekend.

I am expecting....

LSU to win 2 of 3
Vandy to win 2 of 3
Arkansas to win 2 of 3
South Carolina to sweep
MSU to win 2 of 3
A&M to win 2 of 3 or sweep
Georgia to win 2 of 3

If LSU and Vandy win their series this weekend, they will be getting close to being sure fire Regional Hosts. If that happens, we would be better off rooting for those two to beat up on all of the other SEC teams the rest of the year so we can hopefully work our way up towards that 3rd or 4th best SEC team. That's a lot to have happen, but it all starts with a win on Friday night. Win that one with Pollo on the hill, and we will put ourselves in excellent position to win the series and possibly sweep. Hopefully nobody freaks out if we lose Friday night though considering the pitching matchup. We are going to be much better set up to win Saturday and Sunday of this series, in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Spider-Man
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
LSU Sweep...I don't expect LSU pitching to walk in runs.
Ole Miss 2/3...they seem to get up for these big series at home.
Arkansas Sweep...Think Stanek gets his shit together and wins on Saturday.
South Carolina 2/3...Tennessee will manage to win one IMO.
Mississippi State 2/3...Saturday and Sunday. I could see a sweep as well.
Texas A&M 2/3...Auburn manages to win one.
Georgia 2/3...This is a tough one to pick, both are bad. Missouri's pitching has been better, but I'll give the home team the series.

So let's see:
LSU 11-1
Arkansas 9-3
Vanderbilt 9-3
Alabama 7-5
South Carolina 7-5
Texas A&M 7-5
Kentucky 6-6
Florida 5-7
Ole Miss 5-7
Mississippi State 5-7
Tennessee 4-8
Georgia 3-9
Missouri 3-9
Auburn 2-10

Us sitting 2 games out of 4th after this weekend would be great.

engie
04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Yep...

LSU, Vandy, and Arky are going to run off and hide in the conference records IMO...

6-3 Arky's upcoming SEC schedule:
@ Alabama
LSU
aTm
@ Georgia
@ Kentucky
Tennessee
@ Auburn

It'll be pretty bad for them if they don't win 20 in the SEC this year... and if they don't win about that many and clean up in their 6 remaining nonconference games, they are going to be a hard sell to host from an RPI standpoint...

Todd4State
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
The thing about Arkansas is they play so many SWAC teams non-conference, they may end up having more wins against SWAC teams than the team that actually wins the SWAC. I think they are 9-0 against sub 200 RPI teams- and personally, I hope they get penalized for that.

engie
04-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Agreed -- It kills their SOS and RPI as well. They are stuck in the mid 60s right now -- and I can pretty confidently say that they WILL NOT be hosting unless they manage to get that number into the top 25 or 30...