PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wommack to Auburn?

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 12:50 AM
Anyone else heard this rumor?

ScottH
12-11-2015, 01:17 AM
Only thing I can find is a random post on Bulldawg247 (which may have been the one you saw) and and older thread on an Auburn board.

Of interest he is currently paid $725.

TrapGame
12-11-2015, 07:49 AM
SDS saying AU going after the DC at FSU. He played for Pat Dye in the 80's at AU.

HoopsDawg
12-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Dang, Pruitt to Bama. They may have actually upgraded d-coordinator despite losing Smart to UGA, lol.

Covercorner2
12-11-2015, 09:50 AM
If FSU DC goes to AU, does that help us with Broussard and/or Couch?

TSUNami
12-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Apparently the Football Scoop twitter was a parody account. Bummer, got me excited for nothing.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2015, 10:29 AM
If FSU DC goes to AU, does that help us with Broussard and/or Couch?

If he decides to go I hope he doesn't decide until after Sunday so he can't have a face to face sitdown with Broussard.

BeastMan
12-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Some of y'all get got too easily

http://i.imgur.com/DI5Wg1g.gif

Chaps started this thing. I would suggest checking things out via a Google search before I run with it.

maroonmania
12-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Only thing I can find is a random post on Bulldawg247 (which may have been the one you saw) and and older thread on an Auburn board.

Of interest he is currently paid $725.

Plus doesn't he have a deal where he only coaches and is not really expected to contribute on the recruiting front?

Really Clark?
12-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Kelly will be staying at FSU. Auburn still searching. Texas can't get an OC supposedly in part because the school won't commit to Strong still being there after next season. Schaino new DC at Ohio State. And Willie Fritz new coach at Tulane

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Kelly will be staying at FSU. Auburn still searching. Texas can't get an OC supposedly in part because the school won't commit to Strong still being there after next season. Schaino new DC at Ohio State. And Willie Fritz new coach at Tulane

Fritz is an absolute home run hire for Tulane. I look forward to seeing his offense on MSU off weeks when Tulane is at home.

Really Clark?
12-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Fritz is an absolute home run hire for Tulane. I look forward to seeing his offense on MSU off weeks when Tulane is at home.

I think so to. He is a really good coach and is adaptable offensively running a couple of different option style offenses depending on personnel. The AD ran a strong search with good candidates

mic
12-11-2015, 07:08 PM
If this is Aub hire that's sad... I'm sure it has no legs and
OM PR probably knows it doesn't and will spin it to Womack choose OM over Aub..

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 07:24 PM
I think so to. He is a really good coach and is adaptable offensively running a couple of different option style offenses depending on personnel. The AD ran a strong search with good candidates

Tulane just hired a new AD who is VERY impressive. They're just now recovered completely from Katrina and I think they are ready to move forward with their new stadium in tow which is very nice.

I am a Willie Fritz fan- he runs the Georgia Tech offense but out of the shotgun and it looks a lot like West Virginia circa 2003 but they threw only around 100 passes or less. I think that kind of an offense will work really well for Tulane.

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 07:25 PM
If this is Aub hire that's sad... I'm sure it has no legs and
OM PR probably knows it doesn't and will spin it to Womack choose OM over Aub..

One of the reasons I asked is because I know that coachingscoop.com is run by Ole Miss fans and I know if it was true that they would just not put it out there.

bulldawg28
12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
I hope not because their defense would be pretty good and definitely gives them an edge over us. Womack has Mullen figured out.