PDA

View Full Version : Delvin Zinn Transferring

state66
12-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Probably not huge news cause he wasnt expected to play this year but anyone know why? Drafted in the 28th round by the Cubs. Seems like he had talent to develop.

CadaverDawg
12-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Probably not huge news cause he wasnt expected to play this year but anyone know why? Drafted in the 28th round by the Cubs. Seems like he had talent to develop.

Isn't he going to Juco? I may be wrong, but I thought he was going to ICC

state66
12-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Yea he is. Is this a situation where he wasnt going to play and go to Juco to get reps? Arent we doing something similar with jessie mccord as he recovers?

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Bbbbbbuuuuuttttt msstate baseball aruged w me and said he would play this year.....can't be

CadaverDawg
12-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Yea he is. Is this a situation where he wasnt going to play and go to Juco to get reps? Arent we doing something similar with jessie mccord as he recovers?

Good questions...I have no idea

CadaverDawg
12-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Bbbbbbuuuuuttttt msstate baseball aruged w me and said he would play this year.....can't be

Yea, pretty sure he said Zinn would "play a lot this season". Maybe he meant for ICC.*

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 10:35 PM

Spots are tight. Lots of guys trying to get the 8 non baseball aid spots.

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Yea, pretty sure he said Zinn would "play a lot this season". Maybe he meant for ICC.*

Oh you can take the "pretty" out of it. He certainly did.

Noxdog
12-10-2015, 10:38 PM

Everybody gives the guy crap but he does bring good info. I assume that he watches the practices so maybe that's where his opinion is formed. We've all been wrong a time or 2 on what we see in practice and needless to say what his academic/leadership was on the team.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 10:43 PM

He's a very good athlete. But he is also a very RAW baseball player. I said in June- and got bashed a little for it- that I didn't understand taking him. He is a guy that would have redshirted and probably would not have played until year four or five. He was Demarcus Henderson 2.0.

But it didn't make any sense to take him because we have Hunter Stovall and Luke Alexander who are far superior MIF players and are in the same class and we really should have gone out and tried to find another Brent Rooker-esque type power hitter which we have apparently decided to try to fill with JUCO's.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 10:45 PM

I'd be pretty surprised if McCord comes back to MSU. If he ends up anywhere in the SEC, it's going to be Auburn where his brother played and where Butch is now.

Zinn will go to ICC or wherever and get more playing time- and then probably get drafted again in two years rather than have to wait 4-5 years. Not a bad move on his part IMO.

shoeless joe
12-10-2015, 10:50 PM
He's a very good athlete. But he is also a very RAW baseball player. I said in June- and got bashed a little for it- that I didn't understand taking him. He is a guy that would have redshirted and probably would not have played until year four or five. He was Demarcus Henderson 2.0.

But it didn't make any sense to take him because we have Hunter Stovall and Luke Alexander who are far superior MIF players and are in the same class and we really should have gone out and tried to find another Brent Rooker-esque type power hitter which we have apparently decided to try to fill with JUCO's.

You're not the only one. When I saw him play live and in person I was surprised we took him.

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Everybody gives the guy crap but he does bring good info. I assume that he watches the practices so maybe that's where his opinion is formed. We've all been wrong a time or 2 on what we see in practice and needless to say what his academic/leadership was on the team.

That's the deal, he does go to practice and then says stupid stuff like..last year we would win 45 games, hit 50 hrs. And this year zinn would play....I go to a few practices every fall and new none of those things would happen.

War Machine Dawg
12-10-2015, 11:12 PM

I respect his love for our baseball program, but he's clueless. I really do picture him as Ron Polk if he embraced the internet. Lotsa crazy in that guy.

maroonmania
12-11-2015, 12:02 AM
You're not the only one. When I saw him play live and in person I was surprised we took him.

Yea, I really didn't expect much of anything from him coming in but then I was pretty shocked with how good of a Fall he had.

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 12:33 AM
I respect his love for our baseball program, but he's clueless. I really do picture him as Ron Polk if he embraced the internet. Lotsa crazy in that guy.

He's just overzealous. Polk was more controlling type crazy at the end.

dawgoneyall
12-11-2015, 07:40 AM
One small problem was/is his father thought he was ready to start for the Cubs.

bulldogcountry1
12-11-2015, 08:28 AM
When we signed him, it seemed a bit odd. He certainly didn't have impressive numbers. I assumed he was a project.

Then, fall rolled around, and it seemed I heard him name more than anyone. I watched a couple games during the fall world series, and he was swinging a hot bat.

Saltydog
12-11-2015, 09:05 AM
He was one of the more productive and better frosh from the fall..........Hate to see him leave to be honest........