PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Allen & Trevor Knight Transferring

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Will be interesting to see where these two end up.

Not sure if Allen will be able to transfer within the conference.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 08:01 PM
I'd imagine Allen goes back out to the West Coast.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 08:02 PM
UNM

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM

That was my thought as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him the Pac 12 somewhere

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Sumlin has lost his starting QB three years in a row. Ouch

SDDawg
12-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Sumlin is not a good coach. Bitch at me all you want, but he wastes a ton of great talent. Not sure why he can't manage his locker room...

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Sumlin is not a good coach. Bitch at me all you want, but he wastes a ton of great talent. Not sure why he can't manage his locker room...

I agree, but I also think this is positive step for them. At least now, they have one QB & will go all in on him.

Really Clark?
12-10-2015, 08:23 PM
I agree, but I also think this is positive step for them. At least now, they have one QB & will go all in on him.

Maybe. But Murray's arm was not impressive. Thought he was a bad evaluation by the sites as well. He has a ton of athletic ability with his legs, but as a QB he was very overrated IMO. Another Texas kid that won a lot in HS so he had to be highly rated. As an athlete, yes but his arm is pretty weak it appears.

Taog Redloh
12-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Good C-USA type coach. Would probably do well in the Big 12 too. But his teams can't take the pounding of an SEC schedule.

mic
12-10-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't know who they have redshirted or in coming freshman.. But Fla should be all over Trevor...,

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't know who they have redshirted or in coming freshman.. But Fla should be all over Trevor...,

He wouldn't be much of an upgrade if any. People remember that Sugar Bowl against Bama but that was the highlight of his career. Outside of that game he's been very mediocre.

Cabo32
12-10-2015, 09:06 PM
A majority of the A&M locker room will be happy he's transferring. I know someone that works with their S&C coach..said it was pathetic how some of the players didn't exactly give it 100% when Allen was out there

Really Clark?
12-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Allen has already let OK know he would be interested in them. A & M has given him a full release to any school including future opponents

War Machine Dawg
12-10-2015, 09:28 PM
UGA should give both a call. Lambert is done and either would be an upgrade over the other garbage they have right now. It's amazing how badly Richt recruited QBs after Murray.

Really Clark?
12-10-2015, 09:33 PM
UGA should give both a call. Lambert is done and either would be an upgrade over the other garbage they have right now. It's amazing how badly Richt recruited QBs after Murray.

Maybe. But Allen has to sit a year. Georgia, Oregon, SMU and K State have reportedly already reached out to Knight.

Cabo32
12-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Allen has already let OK know he would be interested in them. A & M has given him a full release to any school including future opponents

I don't think he can transfer to any SEC team

Really Clark?
12-10-2015, 09:38 PM
I don't think he can transfer to any SEC team

I misread earlier it's no SEC schools or future opponents. Sorry for the misquote.

IMissJack
12-10-2015, 10:06 PM
LSU?

mic
12-10-2015, 10:20 PM
He wouldn't be much of an upgrade if any. People remember that Sugar Bowl against Bama but that was the highlight of his career. Outside of that game he's been very mediocre.

Compared to what they have right now he is a huge upgrade....

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 10:46 PM

Check his stats vs Treon not much difference. Plus Trevor was going against Big 12 defenses.

smootness
12-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Maybe. But Murray's arm was not impressive. Thought he was a bad evaluation by the sites as well. He has a ton of athletic ability with his legs, but as a QB he was very overrated IMO. Another Texas kid that won a lot in HS so he had to be highly rated. As an athlete, yes but his arm is pretty weak it appears.

He needs to focus on baseball.

War Machine Dawg
12-10-2015, 11:09 PM

Grier is coming back, I thought. McElwain will find a true frosh for next year, I'd assume.

War Machine Dawg
12-10-2015, 11:10 PM
LSU?

Hadn't thought about them, but they could use Knight too. Although I still don't think Harris was as bad as most people seem to think. He needs to get better, but I trust Cam Cameron. Harris was leaps and bounds better this season compared to last.

sbcmortgageman
12-11-2015, 05:42 AM

Cal Bears.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2015, 07:45 AM

I agree! He has really good teams when he has a really good QB.

jumbo
12-11-2015, 09:48 AM
Sumlin is a joke. All the talent they sign every year but can't muster more than 8-9 wins. 2 straight QB transfers, one of which was the #1 QB in his class and the other was top 5.

scottycameron
12-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Cal Bears.

yes, QB transfer U. is the first that comes to mind, but they already have a version of him in shay. No. 1 out of HS, bust out.
I'd call UGA, Bama, and AUB they like to bring in rejects for QBs also. And don't count out Lsu, send them a note too. They like rejects if they feel like passing the ball. You may get replaced by an "athlete" who can run it tho, Miles really leans that way.

I'm trying to think when the last time OM or Aub actually had a QB that wasn't a reject. I swear I can't remember that far back.

BulldogBear
12-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Sumlin has lost his starting QB three years in a row. Ouch
And all of them were the next JFF. How can this be???***

scottycameron
12-11-2015, 12:30 PM
yes, QB transfer U. is the first that comes to mind, but they already have a version of him in shay. No. 1 out of HS, bust out.
I'd call UGA, Bama, and AUB they like to bring in rejects for QBs also. And don't count out Lsu, send them a note too. They like rejects if they feel like passing the ball. You may get replaced by an "athlete" who can run it tho, Miles really leans that way.

I'm trying to think when the last time OM or Aub actually had a QB that wasn't a reject. I swear I can't remember that far back.

LOL. Just realized you said Cal Bears. I thought it said Call Bears. My bad.

Cabo32
12-11-2015, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't call Allen a bust yet. He looked really good in the few games he started as a freshman last year. He had a rough year this year..partly due to his teammates making it obvious that they wanted KM as their starter.

Taog Redloh
12-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Trevor Knight beat Alabama and told Katy Perry no. Good guy IMO.

oldjoedawg
12-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Grier is coming back, I thought. McElwain will find a true frosh for next year, I'd assume.

Grier is coming back as you stated, but it will be in mid-season before he is eligible again....his suspension was for a calendar year.....his appeal of that failed.