PDA

View Full Version : A Few Notes from State Commits and Prospects

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 07:29 PM
So, it looks like the Birmingham area is definitely the hot spot for recruiting in Alabama. I'll keep our Florence pipeline, but MS vs AL all star game may as well be MS vs Birmingham. I see why OL are so difficult to come by this year. The MS DL prospects are destroying the MS OLs (The Alabama OL looked better). Drelan Porter is going to be lethal in Manny's defense. The guy likes to run sideline to sideline, so I see him being lined up in several positions on the defensive line. I know Ifyouonlyknew will disagree, but Raekwon Davis needs to play on the DL..... he's a monster. Back to OL, there may be an outside chance that we offer Jacob Johnson. Well, Mullen should at least. The dude didn't have much problem with Quinnen Williams. Tyler Pritchett was another OL that surprised me. He may be a little short, but he's got a mean streak. I hope we're still on him. Also, we need to find a way to get Erroll to go ahead and sign the dotted line. And he's going to play ILB. I thought he could possibly play DE before, but I was wrong. He'll give Leo a run for his money.

Other than the usual suspects, 2016 seems to be a down year for MS..... talent wise. Yeah, AJ Brown and company looked solid as ever. But the majority of the AL prospects look to be more polished. On that note, John Broussard is basically Taveze Calhoun 2.0..... he'd be a huge get for us.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 07:39 PM
OL with a mean-streak! I'll take those guys over stars any day of the week. They gotta have a hard nose.

the59dawg
12-10-2015, 07:44 PM
OL with a mean-streak! I'll take those guys over stars any day of the week. They gotta have a hard nose.

Benito Jones, committed, leaning, where?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the update!

Taog Redloh
12-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Alabama should always be a priority for us in recruiting all sports, and Birmingham is where most of it is. Tons of MSU folks in Birmingham. Sister-states, we do stuff the same way for the most part, so the kids don't think it's a huge stretch, not to mention Starkville's proximity to the state line. High school coaching is a bit better, mostly due to bigger population in general. Therefore the talent is better overall.

Secondary out-of-state market should be Louisiana. Fill in with a few from other areas where you have ties.

Combine that with solid MS recruiting and JUCOs, you've got yourself some damn good talent.

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Benito Jones, committed, leaning, where?

He's committed to OM, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flip to Bama when Raekwon decommits.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Alabama should always be a priority for us in recruiting all sports, and Birmingham is where most of it is. Tons of MSU folks in Birmingham. Sister-states, we do stuff the same way for the most part, so the kids don't think it's a huge stretch, not to mention Starkville's proximity to the state line. High school coaching is a bit better, mostly due to bigger population in general. Therefore the talent is better overall.

Secondary out-of-state market should be Louisiana. Fill in with a few from other areas where you have ties.

Combine that with solid MS recruiting and JUCOs, you've got yourself some damn good talent.

MS/AL area followed by Louisana, and Texas then we should look at where the HOGS on both DL and OL come from.

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 07:52 PM

It's night in day for the most part. As I said, the elite MS players look FBS ready. But the rest looked like kids running around a playground. AL players definitely seem to be coached better..... more structure. Basically, the majority of AL players look like their working for a check while the majority of the MS players are still figuring out the game.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 07:53 PM
You're right I think Raekwon needs to play OL. It's a reason Raekwon dominates in combines, camps, & practices. Kids aren't allowed to go low so his brute strength, size, & athleticism are able to shine through. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to games bc teams go low & take out his legs bc he doesn't get low enough pad level. If he ever developed that he'd be a great DL but he hasn't yet in 4yrs of HS.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 07:54 PM
He's committed to OM, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flip to Bama when Raekwon decommits.

Benito a done deal to OM that's not changing.

msstate7
12-10-2015, 07:54 PM

So does Bama like Davis better? If jones likes bama, why not now?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-10-2015, 07:55 PM
https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1835537

Trevor Knight was granted a release from OU. Would we take a look at bringing him in?

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 07:58 PM
https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1835537

Trevor Knight was granted a release from OU. Would we take a look at bringing him in?

No

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2015, 08:04 PM

He's been on the payroll for a number of years now

t45fixer
12-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Benito early enrollment to Bears. On the payroll of booster. Literally

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 08:23 PM

It doesn't matter how committed these guys are to UMiss. We need to assign some guys to them and play some games. They do it.

Coursesuper
12-10-2015, 08:25 PM

^^^^ This

Taog Redloh
12-10-2015, 08:27 PM
It's night in day for the most part. As I said, the elite MS players look FBS ready. But the rest looked like kids running around a playground. AL players definitely seem to be coached better..... more structure. Basically, the majority of AL players look like their working for a check while the majority of the MS players are still figuring out the game.
Good analogy. Not a bad idea to let a lot of them go to JUCO, then you can cherry-pick the ones that really can play.

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 08:35 PM

There has to be some way to get evidence of this if it's that well known. I'm not pointing fingers at you t45fixer....but, how is it that UMiss is doing what they are doing in recruiting, so many people know about it, and yet no one can get any solid evidence of their shenanigans?

I'm not saying UMiss ISN'T getting bold, because I believe they are doing some pretty shady stuff. However, I just can't understand how so many people know about it, yet we can't take advantage of it. Hire PIs like they did...something.

tcdog70
12-10-2015, 08:39 PM

Benito is rooming with Simmons and is recruiting for the dogassed Rebs

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Benito is rooming with Simmons and is recruiting for the dogassed Rebs

Apparently, MSU has some guys that aren't currently committed to us, recruiting for MSU as well. That's the word.

I don't think who someone rooms with is a huge issues. These kids hang out together & congregate. It's not like they hunker down in their room with their roommate. I don't see this as a factor.

maroonmania
12-10-2015, 08:44 PM
There has to be some way to get evidence of this if it's that well known. I'm not pointing fingers at you t45fixer....but, how is it that UMiss is doing what they are doing in recruiting, so many people know about it, and yet no one can get any solid evidence of their shenanigans?

I'm not saying UMiss ISN'T getting bold, because I believe they are doing some pretty shady stuff. However, I just can't understand how so many people know about it, yet we can't take advantage of it. Hire PIs like they did...something.

Because the NCAA doesn't really seem to bother with people who cheat unless they are extremely careless OR turn themselves in.

Coursesuper
12-10-2015, 08:45 PM
T

You haven't spent much time in Waybo have you. The family in question here would make almost any of the wildest ass reality shows on TV look tame. Just trust us on this one. Also we aren't the ones that have turned them in on anything this time.

msstate7
12-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Apparently, MSU has some guys that aren't currently committed to us, recruiting for MSU as well. That's the word.

I don't think who someone rooms with is a huge issues. These kids hang out together & congregate. It's not like they hunker down in their room with their roommate. I don't see this as a factor.

I know om tells metcalf and jones to help recruit aj and Simmons, but I always wonder how sincere that pitch is... I mean they'd be encouraging a player as good or better then themselves to go where they are. That could lead in trying to get someone to a school that they could potentially have to back up

t45fixer
12-10-2015, 09:05 PM
You can either trust me on this or not don't really care. He goes by and picks up payroll check. Whether he actually earns every dime or not I can't say or what the amount is. Any big purchases? No. However he doesn't work in any of the gas stations. Oops did I say that.

Big4Dawg
12-10-2015, 09:18 PM
The room the is a lie. They all have their own room

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 09:24 PM
You can either trust me on this or not don't really care. He goes by and picks up payroll check. Whether he actually earns every dime or not I can't say or what the amount is. Any big purchases? No. However he doesn't work in any of the gas stations. Oops did I say that.

Oh I trust you 100%. I'm just bewildered at how so many people know what's up with the way they're hauling in these big recruits yet nobody can seem to get any legit evidence of it.

t45fixer
12-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Only evidence I can give on the kid is that he picks up a payroll check on friday. Don't know the amount but he goes to school. So the only work could be weekend work and in the summer. And this work would be out on there farm, but I imagine it's for year around whether he does anything or not. It would take PI's and lawyers to prove it.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 09:52 PM

The best way to combat it is to do it ourselves. However...................Bracky.

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 09:54 PM
It would take PI's and lawyers to prove it.

That's exactly what UMiss did when Jackie was skinning their hides. I just feel like there's some way, well, to put it bluntly, take those assholes down by doing some of the dirty work for the NCAA.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 10:39 PM
That's exactly what UMiss did when Jackie was skinning their hides. I just feel like there's some way, well, to put it bluntly, take those assholes down by doing some of the dirty work for the NCAA.

We could do that but it would also start World War III. And we don't have the army to fight back.

And to be honest I'm not sure that we really need to. The truth is they had a once in a lifetime class three years ago and it worked out for them. Is that sustainable for them? Their recruiting rankings since then have suggested probably not.

I think the biggest thing WE need to do is get back to is being the team that plays with Relentless Effort- which I haven't seen a lot of the past year and a half. I know people may not want to hear it, but that's what I see. I don't know why we got away from that, and I don't really care- but we need to get back to it rather than waste time trying to tattle on Ole Miss.

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 10:46 PM
We could do that but it would also start World War III. And we don't have the army to fight back.

And to be honest I'm not sure that we really need to. The truth is they had a once in a lifetime class three years ago and it worked out for them. Is that sustainable for them? Their recruiting rankings since then have suggested probably not.

I think the biggest thing WE need to do is get back to is being the team that plays with Relentless Effort- which I haven't seen a lot of the past year and a half. I know people may not want to hear it, but that's what I see. I don't know why we got away from that, and I don't really care- but we need to get back to it rather than waste time trying to tattle on Ole Miss.

I would certainly hope we had an army to fight them back. I just don't believe UMiss is as untouchable as a lot of people think. Either way I agree with playing with relentless effort. That and start playing the same game UMiss is playing. I feel that alone might lift Dan's spirits a bit.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 10:53 PM
I would certainly hope we had an army to fight them back. I just don't believe UMiss is as untouchable as a lot of people think. Either way I agree with playing with relentless effort. That and start playing the same game UMiss is playing. I feel that alone might lift Dan's spirits a bit.

I don't think they are untouchable either- they are definitely being investigated and I think something will happen to them. Now, it won't be the death penalty or enough to satisfy our fans probably.

As far as us having an army to fight them back- that's why so many of our fans are down on Bracky. You don't win WW II with Neville Chamberlain in charge. You need Winston Churchill. Until we revamp our compliance dept., it is what it is.

maroonmania
12-10-2015, 11:58 PM

I'll just say that if UNM skates even with Tunsil's stepfather spilling his guts and telling the NCAA where every body is buried relative to Tunsil's recruitment and the mode of operation up there then I will just start considering them totally untouchable by the NCAA. Its one thing for Auburn to skate on the Cam Newton deal when EVERYONE circled the wagons in that ordeal but with Tunsil's stepdad totally breaking ranks there should be NO logical way the Bears are not up sh*t creek.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 12:29 AM
I'll just say that if UNM skates even with Tunsil's stepfather spilling his guts and telling the NCAA where every body is buried relative to Tunsil's recruitment and the mode of operation up there then I will just start considering then totally untouchable by the NCAA. Its one thing for Auburn to skate on the Cam Newton deal when EVERYONE circled the wagons in that ordeal but with Tunsil's stepdad totally breaking ranks there should be NO logical way the Bears are not up sh*t creek.

Then there's the Saunders' deal

Todd4State
12-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Then there's the Saunders' deal

I think that is a preview of what is to come for Ole Miss. I guarantee you whatever ULL was doing was on a much smaller scale than whatever Ole Miss was doing.