PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell passed over for Biletnikoff

PassInterference
12-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Not a surprise. Lacks the stats and game changing impact.

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 07:29 PM
He'll still be the number 1 receiver in the draft

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Who won?

mic
12-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Que the emails and tweets from the plantation... This will make the Touey tweeter tirade against Herbie seem like nothing

mic
12-10-2015, 07:31 PM
He'll still be the number 1 receiver in the draft

So...

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Who won?

Corey Coleman

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 07:45 PM
So...

Just saying..... he shouldn't have gotten the award because there are numerous receivers who had more productive years. But I still have to give the guy credit..... he's a damn good receiver. I'm surprised he even made finalist. JuJu Smith-Schuster, Josh Doctson, Corey Coleman, Aaron Burbridge, hell even Fred Ross had better seasons.

msstate7
12-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Just saying..... he shouldn't have gotten the award because there are numerous receivers who had more productive years. But I still have to give the guy credit..... he's a damn good receiver. I'm surprised he even made finalist. JuJu Smith-Schuster, Josh Doctson, Corey Coleman, Aaron Burbridge, hell even Fred Ross had better seasons.

Smith-schuster is the best I saw this year.

I seen it dawg
12-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Who?

vv83
12-11-2015, 02:03 AM
Smith-schuster is the best I saw this year.

I'm not sure how anyone can think Coleman wasn't the most valuable receiver this year

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2015, 02:21 AM
Corey Coleman

Coleman was unstoppable before Baylor's QB situation went to shit. He deserved the award.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Treadwell wasn't "passed over"....he just didn't win. When a guy is #1 in the voters minds, and Treadwell is #2, then nobody got "passed over" if #1 wins the award.

I keep seeing "passed over" on Twitter, and I just wanted to remind everyone that LaQuon simply didn't win. He lost. Came in 2nd or 3rd. Wasn't passed over as if he was more deserving. Otherwise, I will be tweeting that Dak got "passed over" for the Heisman when they announce the winner.

Cabo32
12-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Treadwell wasn't "passed over"....he just didn't win. When a guy is #1 in the voters minds, and Treadwell is #2, then nobody got "passed over" if #1 wins the award.

I keep seeing "passed over" on Twitter, and I just wanted to remind everyone that LaQuon simply didn't win. He lost. Came in 2nd or 3rd. Wasn't passed over as if he was more deserving. Otherwise, I will be tweeting that Dak got "passed over" for the Heisman when they announce the winner.

I agree with you..the guy just didn't win. Having said that...I hope the Saints don't "pass over" treadwell in the draft this year.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 01:35 PM
I agree with you..the guy just didn't win. Having said that...I hope the Saints don't "pass over" treadwell in the draft this year.

I hope the saints are looking defense in the 1st round... Just draft the best defensive player regardless of position. The saints do a great job of finding wr value later in the draft

RougeDawg
12-11-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can think Coleman wasn't the most valuable receiver this year

What type of value do you speak? On field or in brown paper bags circa February 2013?

RougeDawg
12-11-2015, 05:14 PM
I hope the saints are looking defense in the 1st round... Just draft the best defensive player regardless of position. The saints do a great job of finding wr value later in the draft

This all day. The offense will be fine and has been scoring points and is 4th in YPG. On the flip side your defense is dead last in yards given up, so I'd say the first 4-5 rounds need to be on the defensive side of the ball unless there is another "can't pass" need available at selection time.

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Looks like we'll have a strong candidate for the Biletnikoff next year. Fred Ross is planning on coming back. Well, he didn't send an NFL Draft Advisory report. So I'm pretty sure that means he's coming back.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Looks like we'll have a strong candidate for the Biletnikoff next year. Fred Ross is planning on coming back. Well, he didn't send an NFL Draft Advisory report. So I'm pretty sure that means he's coming back.

Wonder if he'll move back outside. If dear is gonna stick at slot, we'll be stacked there even if Ross moves outside.

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Wonder if he'll move back outside. If dear is gonna stick at slot, we'll be stacked there even if Ross moves outside.

I see him and Gray starting outside with Brown and Jesse Jackson backing them up. I see Dear, Myles, Mixon, D. Thomas, and Spivey sharing the slot. Don't forget about AJ Brown hopefully joining the party. But I also see Ross playing the slot as well. We have a lot of speed in this position.

Sacrifice
12-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Any word on how Jesse Jackson is looking?

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Any word on how Jesse Jackson is looking?

Not sure if it'll matter. Coaches had a sit down with Bear. He may be coming back next year as well.

msstate7
12-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Not sure if it'll matter. Coaches had a sit down with Bear. He may be coming back next year as well.

You kidding me? If bear and Ross are back, rankin can lock down LT, and a Rb steps up, we may be even better offensively next year. Not slighting dak, but it could be the case bc of a better supporting cast

defiantdog
12-11-2015, 07:25 PM
You kidding me? If bear and Ross are back, rankin can lock down LT, and a Rb steps up, we may be even better offensively next year. Not slighting dak, but it could be the case bc of a better supporting cast

Rankin was practicing behind Warren at LT in practice today with Jenkins at RT. Also, Gibson is a step faster than every RB we have on roster..... he's in a different league then everyone else. Same with Smitherman..... Alabama boys are simply stepping up. I never thought too much about Tiano, but the guy looks like Peyton Manning throwing the ball. He's frickin huge, has a quick release, and throws a laser. He's one to keep an eye on for sure.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Rankin was practicing behind Warren at LT in practice today with Jenkins at RT. Also, Gibson is a step faster than every RB we have on roster..... he's in a different league then everyone else. Same with Smitherman..... Alabama boys are simply stepping up. I never thought too much about Tiano, but the guy looks like Peyton Manning throwing the ball. He's frickin huge, has a quick release, and throws a laser. He's one to keep an eye on for sure.

I had a gut feeling about Gibson.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I seriously doubt Ross moves outside.

Schultzy
12-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Fitzgerald liked targeting Jesse Jackson in the scrimmages I saw; strong hands.