PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get a phone call from Dak?

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Asking people to buy Belk Bowl tickets?

Martianlander
12-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Guy here at work did.

MadDawg
12-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Yep.

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Surely, it was a pre-recorded message... Ticket sales must not be looking so hot

sandwolf
12-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Yep, I got one.

defiantdog
12-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Yeah, seems like we're pushing to cover our allotment. I think MSU is worried since the bowl is outside of our normal travel bubble.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Surely, it was a pre-recorded message... Ticket sales must not be looking so hot

Wait- that wasn't really Dak?********

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Yeah, seems like we're pushing to cover our allotment. I think MSU is worried since the bowl is outside of our normal travel bubble.

Not to mention the way the season went. We're very loyal but just like any other fan base we travel even better when things are going well.

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Hey now. Don't put it past our athletic department to set him up at the Hunter Henry center. Gotta get every penny's worth.

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 02:44 PM

I'm a little concerned the turnout will be a little sparse, but It's hard to blame the fans considering that the game is on a friggin' WEDNESDAY and the product Dan has trotted onto the field for the Egg the last 2 years.

Maroon_and_white
12-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I did. Sorry Big Guy, shouldn't have turned it over and thrown a pick six in the egg bowl and maybe we'd be taking over New Orleans. We'll be lucky to have 5k in Charlotte

MadDawg
12-10-2015, 02:48 PM

Well when you told him to tell Dan to **** off and get the hell out of Starkville, did he respond?

Hypnodawg
12-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Second Gator was on a Wednesday after loosing to UNM. That was a miserable experience. Not doing it again.

Jack Lambert
12-10-2015, 02:58 PM
I did. I noticed the 228 number and figured it was State calling for donations. I couldn't answer the phone but the message was in my voice mail.

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 03:01 PM

No just you, he wanted to talk you off the ledge by encouraging you to buy bowl tickets!!

BossDawg
12-10-2015, 03:03 PM
I did. Sorry Big Guy, shouldn't have turned it over and thrown a pick six in the egg bowl and maybe we'd be taking over New Orleans. We'll be lucky to have 5k in Charlotte

I agree, the fumbles, the pick 6, Dak didn't help us there. However, if only the rest of the team played as well as Dak did in that game, we wouldn't have had to worry about his pick 6.

Political Hack
12-10-2015, 03:10 PM
I didn't count it, but in fairly certain they had more TDs than they did punts/TOs. When that happens you can pretty much put it on the defense.

smootness
12-10-2015, 03:18 PM

I heard that in order to keep his starting spot for the bowl game, Dak has to work 14-hour days making manual calls to every potential ticket buyer.

Gatordog
12-10-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't believe Dan has won the bowl game after he lost the egg bowl.

bulldogcountry1
12-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Yeah, but he was looking for someone who can block.

starkvegasdawg
12-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Belk Bowl tweeting out that ticket sales for this game have already surpassed total sales for last year's game. It gave no details if most were MSU fans, NC State fans, or just general sales.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Well when you told him to tell Dan to **** off and get the hell out of Starkville, did he respond?

I would much prefer that Dan leave on his own accord because it would be better for all of us. However, Dan's salary + performance makes that highly unlikely whenever that time comes.

Not surprised that you didn't get the point.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Belk Bowl tweeting out that ticket sales for this game have already surpassed total sales for last year's game. It gave no details if most were MSU fans, NC State fans, or just general sales.

I'm pretty sure it's general sales. If they compared MSU to NC State fans in terms of how many tickets were bought, it would probably discourage even more MSU fans that are on the fence about going.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
I don't believe Dan has won the bowl game after he lost the egg bowl.

He hasn't. But I'm not sure that means much. I think the Belk Bowl will be a pretty fairly even match up.

ScreenCaptureThis
12-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Got mine and felt bad for not answering it while I was on the pot. Figured the ticket office would get some great feedback from my thoughts on the bowl and the end of the season.

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 04:18 PM
We have sold 2500 tickets. Going to eat some of the 6k we have left.

Beaver
12-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Actually I hope NC State brings a ton of people. Obviously I want MSU to bring plenty as well, but I much rather have a full stadium--even if it's 90% NC State fans. Players feed off that kind of energy. Heck I think 50K screaming against our own team might be a nice wake-up call.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Actually I hope NC State brings a ton of people. Obviously I want MSU to bring plenty as well, but I much rather have a full stadium--even if it's 90% NC State fans. Players feed off that kind of energy. Heck I think 50K screaming against our own team might be a nice wake-up call.

We did play better on the road this season.

archdog
12-10-2015, 05:32 PM
We have sold 2500 tickets. Going to eat some of the 6k we have left.

We have 8500 tickets we have to buy, and they are more than likely the shittiest 8500 seats in tha stadium, for a Wednesday midday game on a non-holiday day. WTF. The 85 Bears couldn't sell that many tickets.

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 05:37 PM
I heard that in order to keep his starting spot for the bowl game, Dak has to work 14-hour days making manual calls to every potential ticket buyer.

Like I said. Pump him for every penny he's worth while we still got him. lol

Alldawg
12-10-2015, 05:48 PM
And Miami wasn't **

IMissJack
12-10-2015, 06:13 PM
We have 8500 tickets we have to buy, and they are more than likely the shittiest 8500 seats in tha stadium, for a Wednesday midday game on a non-holiday day. WTF. The 85 Bears couldn't sell that many tickets.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for Stricklin. The Mullen to (fill in) and the ass kicking in the egg bowl killed this year's fan support. Maybe they won't take it for granted in the future. As far as buying through the University, I will never do that again based on the tickets I got last year at Orange bowl. People paid a quarter of what I did and got better seats through online ticket sales.

TStationDawg
12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
I would much prefer that Dan leave on his own accord because it would be better for all of us. However, Dan's salary + performance makes that highly unlikely whenever that time comes.

Not surprised that you didn't get the point.

Better for all of us? Seriously? LET. IT. GO.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Hopefully this is a wakeup call for Stricklin. The Mullen to (fill in) and the ass kicking in the egg bowl killed this year's fan support. Maybe they won't take it for granted in the future. As far as buying through the University, I will never do that again based on the tickets I got last year at Orange bowl. People paid a quarter of what I did and got better seats through online ticket sales.

I'm not sure why they may have possibly thought "other schools want Dan" would be a positive thing to promote. I don't really think that was their plan though.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Better for all of us? Seriously? LET. IT. GO.

Hey, you disagree. That's fine.

I haven't said anything that others haven't said at one time or the other.

IMissJack
12-10-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure why they may have possibly thought "other schools want Dan" would be a positive thing to promote. I don't really think that was their plan though.

I just meant that hopefully Stricklin sees that he needs to put some pressure on CDM to end those rumors.

TStationDawg
12-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Nope. And I honestly don't have a problem with your opinion, Todd- everyone's got one. All I'm saying is, he's here and he's the coach. What benefit is it to keep harping on the negative?! Like I've read on here and other places plenty, let's all pull together. He DOES have his strong points, also, as the leader of the program!

maroonmania
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Yep, got my call from Dak but I just can't make that trip this year. Got too much other stuff to pay for at the moment. Anyway, State has played much better when I've watched on TV this year than when I've supported in person.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 06:30 PM
I just meant that hopefully Stricklin sees that he needs to put some pressure on CDM to end those rumors.

I totally agree that wasn't handled very well from the AD perspective. A very simple statement would have sufficed and I think helped some of the fan angst.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Nope. And I honestly don't have a problem with your opinion, Todd- everyone's got one. All I'm saying is, he's here and he's the coach. What benefit is it to keep harping on the negative?! Like I've read on here and other places plenty, let's all pull together. He DOES have his strong points, also, as the leader of the program!

Criticism is a lot like beef jerky- it's tough and it's hard to chew, but it's also has everything you need.

dawgoneyall
12-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Yes, and we would have had a nice conservation but he wouldn't quit talking.

bulldawg28
12-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Criticism is a lot like beef jerky- it's tough and it's hard to chew, but it's also has everything you need.

Swallow This...STFU Unless you think you'd do a better job.

BulldogBear
12-11-2015, 10:31 AM
I kind of laughed this off until I left work yesterday and saw I had a vmail. Lo, and behold, it was the Dak call. I imagine most if not all that bought tickets, be they season or individual, got a call. I bought tickets to see Cincinnatti @ Memphis back in September and they're blowing up my email to buy bowl tickets. I'm guessing that this isn't and won't be something out of the ordinary going forward.

maroonmania
12-11-2015, 11:17 AM
I kind of laughed this off until I left work yesterday and saw I had a vmail. Lo, and behold, it was the Dak call. I imagine most if not all that bought tickets, be they season or individual, got a call. I bought tickets to see Cincinnatti @ Memphis back in September and they're blowing up my email to buy bowl tickets. I'm guessing that this isn't and won't be something out of the ordinary going forward.

Even those planning to go have probably been burned over the last few years going through MSU. I mean, in the past, you have ended up paying full price for crap seats. On the open market many have been able to get MUCH better seats at well below face value. That is really putting the schools in a bind trying to sell their allotments. Maybe the situation has improved but a lot of fans are just going to want to wait and see what they can get on the 3rd party sites. There is something to be said for knowing what tickets you are buying at the time you lay down your money.

sandwolf
12-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Even those planning to go have probably been burned over the last few years going through MSU. I mean, in the past, you have ended up paying full price for crap seats. On the open market many have been able to get MUCH better seats at well below face value. That is really putting the schools in a bind trying to sell their allotments. Maybe the situation has improved but a lot of fans are just going to want to wait and see what they can get on the 3rd party sites. There is something to be said for knowing what tickets you are buying at the time you lay down your money.

Yep. I bought tickets to the 2nd Gator Bowl through MSU.....I believe they were $60-$65 per ticket, plus a $10 or $15 processing fee, and they were garbage seats. Well when my wife and I wound up not being able to go, I thought that I would just sell the tickets......that is when I discovered that there were tickets between the 20's all over Stub Hub for less than $5 (literally.....a few days before the game there were tickets on sale for like a dollar). I know that the 2nd GB is a pretty extreme example because we ended the season poorly, we had been to Jacksonville just 2 years earlier and we were playing Northwestern.....but either way, I am unlikely to ever buy bowl tickets through MSU again.

BulldogBear
12-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Even those planning to go have probably been burned over the last few years going through MSU. I mean, in the past, you have ended up paying full price for crap seats. On the open market many have been able to get MUCH better seats at well below face value. That is really putting the schools in a bind trying to sell their allotments. Maybe the situation has improved but a lot of fans are just going to want to wait and see what they can get on the 3rd party sites. There is something to be said for knowing what tickets you are buying at the time you lay down your money.Exactly, and I don't see any reason that can't be the case. At least let people pick their seats. Honestly, today, that really shouldn't be that hard to do. I think that schools get a certain allotment anyway. I don't know that I've ever seen the point of all the sight unseen preordering. We're talking about a week or so. Schools need to wait and just do it right.