PDA

View Full Version : Dak and Senior Bowl

MafiaDawg
12-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Why has he not accepted his invitation yet? Isn't it a no brainier to go?

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Why has he not accepted his invitation yet? Isn't it a no brainier to go?

Maybe he doesn't want any distractions while he is trying to get ready for the Combine/Pro Day?

Political Hack
12-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Not necessarily. It's about what steps will help his draft status the most. Week long exposure to several scouts is good for mid to late round picks a lot of times, but the top picks never go to these things. One, he's getting picked. He doesn't need to go get evaluated. Two, he could get hurt. Three, he may prioritize training for the combine more than playing a week of football. Lots of variables to consider.

Selfishly, I'd love to see him play but I don't think there's much of an upside for him in playing.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 02:01 PM
I expect him to play. As of last week only 2 of the 6 invited QB's have accepted their invites. I imagine once the season ends he will accept the invitation to play in the Senior Bowl.

MafiaDawg
12-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Is there a position that combine stats mean less for than a quarterback? Does anyone really care how much they can bench? It's all about throwing darts and grasping an NFL offense.

smootness
12-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Not necessarily. It's about what steps will help his draft status the most. Week long exposure to several scouts is good for mid to late round picks a lot of times, but the top picks never go to these things. One, he's getting picked. He doesn't need to go get evaluated. Two, he could get hurt. Three, he may prioritize training for the combine more than playing a week of football. Lots of variables to consider.

Selfishly, I'd love to see him play but I don't think there's much of an upside for him in playing.

I think there definitely is upside. It's a chance to respond to NFL coaching, be seen in a different offense that is more like the one you'll have to navigate in the NFL, and you get to be compared directly to other prospects.

If coaches question how Dak will do outside of the State offense and how well he can learn new concepts and implement them, this is a fantastic opportunity to display just that.