PDA

View Full Version : Demetrius Houston

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Howland announces Houston is officially off the team. Will transfer in January. Good news is Aric Holman has been practicing the last 3 days but on a limited basis. We're just going to have to wait & see how long it is before he gets to 100%.

Coach34
12-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Any idea where Houston is going? He should go play for Ray and help them next year

maroonmania
12-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Any idea where Houston is going? He should go play for Ray and help them next year

Goodness knows they need it. Don't think they've won a game yet.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 11:20 AM

Haven't heard. It wouldn't surprise me if went back to Alabama & goes to UAB, Alabama St, Alabama A&M, Murray St, etc. Kid has a ton of talent I hope he takes advantage of it.

engie
12-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Holman is the key to our season IMO... Gotta have help at the 4 defensively and rebounding...

CadaverDawg
12-10-2015, 11:59 AM
What the heck did he do?

msstate7
12-10-2015, 12:12 PM
What the heck did he do?

He didn't worry about the offense... Kept waiting for it to happen on its own**

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 12:12 PM
What the heck did he do?

He just never bought in with the new coaching staff. This wasn't an isolated incident more like the straw that broke the camels back. I spoke with a few people back in the summer that said I would be surprised if Houston made it to Christmas. They were right.

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 12:34 PM
He just never bought in with the new coaching staff. This wasn't an isolated incident more like the straw that broke the camels back. I spoke with a few people back in the summer that said I would be surprised if Houston made it to Christmas. They were right.

That's not describing an incident. So the mystery of Houston shall remain. One day he was fine. Now he's gone. And we get no explanation whatsoever.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 12:38 PM
That's not describing an incident. So the mystery of Houston shall remain. One day he was fine. Now he's gone. And we get no explanation whatsoever.

I've been waiting on you to post since this thread started. You keep saying 1 day he was fine & then gone but that's not it. It's taking workouts serious, it's going to class, it's not having a head case attitude,it's not talking back to the coaches, it's doing all the things that are asked of you by the coaches. I'm sorry you like Houston's athleticism so much that you can't understand why he wasn't given a 30th chance. He never bought in. It happens with every new coach at every school. Some kids just don't for whatever reason fit into the program the new coach has set up. For some reason you can't let this particular case go. I'm sorry he's gone hopefully his next stop will be succesful.

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Who owes you or anyone an explanation? Kid didn't do what he supposed to do, he's gone. Move on.

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
I've been waiting on you to post since this thread started. You keep saying 1 day he was fine & then gone but that's not it. It's taking workouts serious, it's going to class, it's not having a head case attitude,it's not talking back to the coaches, it's doing all the things that are asked of you by the coaches. I'm sorry you like Houston's athleticism so much that you can't understand why he wasn't given a 30th chance. He never bought in. It happens with every new coach at every school. Some kids just don't for whatever reason fit into the program the new coach has set up. For some reason you can't let this particular case go. I'm sorry he's gone hopefully his next stop will be succesful.

Actually that's the first time ever that you've given specific examples of how Houston is a lazy POS. Thats all I've ever wanted. Stop fluffing everyone's balls and tell us wtf happened. Thank you.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Actually that's the first time ever that you've given specific examples of how Houston is a lazy POS. Thats all I've ever wanted. Stop fluffing everyone's balls and tell us wtf happened. Thank you.

Well maybe I didn't want to just call the kid a punk or piece of crap. I just wanted to make it clear he's been a problem for a while that's why I kept saying he hadn't bought in.

Dawg Corps
12-10-2015, 01:03 PM
"Coach speak"**

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Well maybe I didn't want to just call the kid a punk or piece of crap. I just wanted to make it clear he's been a problem for a while that's why I kept saying he hadn't bought in.

Everyone else understood what you meant.

Political Hack
12-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Not explaining it publicly is actually better for the BH, Houston, the team and the university. Team issues shouldn't always be public.

mic
12-10-2015, 01:47 PM
if u can't buy into a system and a coach that's been to multiple. Final 4's and put numerous guys in the league then best of luck to you..
And I will say not for ya IYOK he was a cancer , punk, distraction , ect...

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Everyone else understood what you meant.

Some people prefer their coffee without sugar

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Some people prefer their coffee without sugar

OK

smootness
12-10-2015, 03:24 PM
One day he was fine. Now he's gone.

This is literally the exact opposite of what he said in the post you quoted.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2015, 04:21 PM
everyone except the one that has a thing for Houston for whatever reason.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2015, 04:21 PM
so now you're racist!!!******

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 04:29 PM
everyone except the one that has a thing for Houston for whatever reason.

It's not so much a thing for Houston as much a thing for not keeping clearly the worst player on the team over Black, Tookie and Houston.

engie
12-10-2015, 04:50 PM
It's not so much a thing for Houston as much a thing for not keeping clearly the worst player on the team over Black, Tookie and Houston.

It's truly common sense and positional if you look at it logically. It's like on this stuff you start with a conclusion and try to work backwards instead of letting the situation set the reality.

A 4 where we have 2 already, a 1 where we have 2 already, a 3 where we have 2 already vs a 5 where we have only 1 if we had cut Ndoye. It's not difficult to understand why it had to go that way for the first year when we failed to sign a center. Let's see what happens when the freshmen arrive on whether he still has a spot or not.

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 05:18 PM
It's truly common sense and positional if you look at it logically. It's like on this stuff you start with a conclusion and try to work backwards instead of letting the situation set the reality.

A 4 where we have 2 already, a 1 where we have 2 already, a 3 where we have 2 already vs a 5 where we have only 1 if we had cut Ndoye. It's not difficult to understand why it had to go that way for the first year when we failed to sign a center. Let's see what happens when the freshmen arrive on whether he still has a spot or not.

Well we still only have one 5 with Ndoye not cut. He contributes nothing but fouls. That's it. You're better with a smaller lineup no Ndoye than a bigger lineup with Ndoye. Are we really going to see Ndoye for two more years? Really? So if the end result is him transferring than why are we cutting better players for a player we'll end up cutting anyways? Just go ahead and cut him already and use his scholarship for another player. It's always going to be the end result. Quit lying to yourself if you think it's not.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Well we still only have one 5 with Ndoye not cut. He contributes nothing but fouls. That's it. You're better with a smaller lineup no Ndoye than a bigger lineup with Ndoye. Are we really going to see Ndoye for two more years? Really? So if the end result is him transferring than why are we cutting better players for a player we'll end up cutting anyways? Just go ahead and cut him already and use his scholarship for another player. It's always going to be the end result. Quit lying to yourself if you think it's not.

You're still missing the point. We didn't cut Black or Houston they cut themselves. If they would've took care of business they'd still be here & maybe Fallou wouldn't. If you want to be mad at anybody for Fallou being on the roster blame those 2 headcases for not handling their responsibilities. That's the part you fail to acknowledge.

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 05:31 PM
You're still missing the point. We didn't cut Black or Houston they cut themselves. If they would've took care of business they'd still be here & maybe Fallou wouldn't. If you want to be mad at anybody for Fallou being on the roster blame those 2 headcases for not handling their responsibilities. That's the part you fail to acknowledge.

There's a difference between not acknowledging it and not agreeing with it. Ndoye is so bad at basketball. How terrible is Houston & Black's attitudes to be so bad that it gets you cut over the guy that can't even dribble five feet?

Homedawg
12-10-2015, 05:33 PM

Dawg61 miss the point? Surely you jest.

mstatefan91
12-10-2015, 05:34 PM
It isn't worth it guys. He's made up his mind for whatever reason. At this point, you are just giving him the attention he wants.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2015, 05:36 PM
oh so a thing against Fallou..ok gotcha

engie
12-10-2015, 06:08 PM

You would bitch about that too. Not a full allotment of players!1!!1

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 06:14 PM
You would bitch about that too. Not a full allotment of players!1!!1

I'll always nitpick Engie. We could win ten NCs in a row and I'd still nitpick. Cutting three players massively better at basketball than the one you kept is always dumb idc who the coach is.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2015, 06:24 PM
I'll always nitpick Engie. We could win ten NCs in a row and I'd still nitpick. Cutting three players massively better at basketball than the one you kept is always dumb idc who the coach is.

Even if those players refuse to listen to coaches, back-talk, have attitudes, are locker-room cancers, etc.? Christ, why are you being so obtuse about this?

Dawg61
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Even if those players refuse to listen to coaches, back-talk, have attitudes, are locker-room cancers, etc.? Christ, why are you being so obtuse about this?

Because Ndoye sucks that bad. And it's three now not just one instance.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
12-10-2015, 10:18 PM
When you are the 13th, 12th, and 11th best basketball players on the team you can't be trouble off the court. It's one thing if you are the best player but when you are a role player you have to have a great attitude on and off the court. Houston never did anything major but he became a distraction and its better to cut ties with him now. I would imagine he ends up at Alabama State. He's a great athlete but not a great basketball player.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
12-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Also Fallou works his tail off and never is a distraction. I still think we will run him off after this year, but at least he is a big body for Gavin to go against. We need Holman to come back 100% to make a run.