PDA

View Full Version : SheltonChoked - Houston hotel question

PMDawg
08-04-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm looking at these two based on my interpretation of your previous advice. I just wanted to make sure I'm in the right place.

Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, 1700 Smith Street
Hyatt House Houston Galleria, 3440 Sage Road

I'm leaning Crowne, but just wanted to see if either was better/worse for reasons I may not know about. They are both about 8 miles from Reliant.

Again, I appreciate the help.

missouridawg
08-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm looking at these two based on my interpretation of your previous advice. I just wanted to make sure I'm in the right place.

Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, 1700 Smith Street
Hyatt House Houston Galleria, 3440 Sage Road

I'm leaning Crowne, but just wanted to see if either was better/worse for reasons I may not know about. They are both about 8 miles from Reliant.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Between those two hotels, I would choose the Hyatt in the Galleria. It's a few miles closer and will have much more things to do around the hotel than the Crowne Plaza downtown.

And for the record, I live about 1 mile from Reliant. Also, if anyone wants any advice on what to do in Houston, let me know. I've lived here for 7 years and know the city pretty well.

Dawgfan1
08-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I stay at the Courtyard downtown.. The train literally stops right in front and takes you directly to Reliant stadium. No driving involved which is important to me. I stayed here during the Houston Livestock Show which hosts between 70k-100k per day and it never took longer than 20 mins by train to get to Reliant

SheltonChoked
08-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Are you driving in Houston?

I'd stay downtown.

I like the galleria, but traffic is always bad around there. The 610/59 interchange is the 3rd busiest in the country. Literally 2 million cars a day.

Easy to take the train to the game

Bars to go out on Main Street, market square, and near discovery green.

Places to eat at all of the above too.

For the record I always take the Train to Reliant. It's about the same walk as parking, but without waiting for a long time to leave like the on site parking can be. Here is the parking along http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Rail/Pdfs/rail_map_suggested_parking.pdf

Ridgeland_Dog
08-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Are you driving in Houston?

For the record I always take the Train to Reliant. It's about the same walk as parking, but without waiting for a long time to leave like the on site parking can be. Here is the parking along http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Rail/Pdfs/rail_map_suggested_parking.pdf

We are staying north of the city so would have to drive to a train station and park there. What's the fare per person to Reliant Stadium?

SheltonChoked
08-04-2013, 01:52 PM
$2

Yossarian
08-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Staying at the Embassy Suites....looks like you can walk to the stadium. Any drawback to this location?

SheltonChoked
08-04-2013, 06:11 PM
The north side of reliant is close to the med center/rice. There are things to do in the rice village area. There are worse places.