PDA

View Full Version : Youth Movement: SEC East

nicks_hammer
12-09-2015, 08:49 PM
With the exception of GA and Kirby Smart whom I don't think will deliver much improvement I believe that the East is only going to get worse. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/longest-tenured-sec-coaches-2015/ TN, and FL should be set for next year with their returning talent. For me my money will be on TN and I still wouldn't place them any higher than 5th in the West.

Alldawg
12-09-2015, 09:37 PM
And, we are still in the west. Too bad

nicks_hammer
12-09-2015, 09:38 PM
I concur. Maybe instead of pimping Auburn to the East we should try to goto the East our selves. We are in East MS so to speak.

Homedawg
12-09-2015, 10:53 PM
And, we are still in the west. Too bad

Yea. Amazing that Espn has us 28th in the ability to recruit ranking(or whatever it's called) and that puts us 7th in the west. It would put us 4th in the east. Climbing 3 spots is much more manageable.

TUSK
12-09-2015, 11:30 PM
With the exception of GA and Kirby Smart whom I don't think will deliver much improvement I believe that the East is only going to get worse. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/longest-tenured-sec-coaches-2015/ TN, and FL should be set for next year with their returning talent. For me my money will be on TN and I still wouldn't place them any higher than 5th in the West.

I believe UT & FL will be improved and UGA will hold serve... VDY, KY, SC and MO may be the worst 4 teams in the conference

I'd peg UT at 3rd/4th in the West... higher the next year...

Coach34
12-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Kentucky has 15 starters returning and a top 25 recruiting class. They will be better in 2016.

TUSK
12-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Kentucky has 15 starters returning and a top 25 recruiting class. They will be better in 2016.

you don't think they will be able to improve enough to beat MSU and/or finish higher than 10th or 11th in the conference though, do you?????

Beaver
12-10-2015, 01:01 AM
They will be better in 2016.

Every team in the West + Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee would be favored to beat them next year.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 01:27 AM
you don't think they will be able to improve enough to beat MSU and/or finish higher than 10th or 11th in the conference though, do you?????

I doubt we lose to them, but I bet they give us a heck of a game next year in Lexington.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 01:28 AM

I agree with you about Smart.

Coach34
12-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Every team in the West + Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee would be favored to beat them next year.

I wouldn't count on us being favored over them on the road next year. We were barely favored over them this year in the preseason

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Yes Coach, at first glance KY should be improved but in the end they will find a way to be KY. As for us next year barring some type of inspired play from 1 of our quarterback hopefuls I believe that we are going to regress and have a 5 and 7 type record with an outside shot at 7 and 5. I just don't believe that Manny is the answer at DC for us.

Coach34
12-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Yes Coach, at first glance KY should be improved but in the end they will find a way to be KY. As for us next year barring some type of inspired play from 1 of our quarterback hopefuls I believe that we are going to regress and have a 5 and 7 type record with an outside shot at 7 and 5. I just don't believe that Manny is the answer at DC for us.

Kentucky is never going to be a "winner"- but they can find a way to win 6-8 at times. Their 2014 Crooting Class was Top 25 and now they are putting together another. What I like about them is that their 3 highest rated players in this class are offensive linemen. The SEC is a LOS league- and Stoops is figuring out his ass better get good upfront.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Kentucky is never going to be a "winner"- but they can find a way to win 6-8 at times. Their 2014 Crooting Class was Top 25 and now they are putting together another. What I like about them is that their 3 highest rated players in this class are offensive linemen. The SEC is a LOS league- and Stoops is figuring out his ass better get good upfront.

Exactly.Our recruiting as of the last few years seems to be top heavy as far as skill players vs the LOS players.

Jack Lambert
12-10-2015, 08:59 AM

I think they had more starters returning from last season and it didn't help them much. It's about coaching and Stoops isn't his brother.