PDA

View Full Version : OT: I think we all need a breather

defiantdog
12-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Here's the true difference between us and OM. I'm sitting out in my front yard, drinking some bourbon, enjoying a fire from a fire pit I built. This is after I completed a project of building a walk in closet in a spare bedroom. Now, an OM alum would sit in their living room, drink cheap red wine, and enjoy a gas fireplace their wife told them how to use. Forget building a walk in closet..... They'd call their parents up and ask them for money. In other words, be glad to be a State grad and fan. It's nice to sit back and realize that we are real men and women, and not fake people who act better than society. Hail State!

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 08:08 PM
We are better than they are. A lot of our fans don't act like it though.

And I expect the pro-Dan people to not get that.

Jack Lambert
12-09-2015, 08:11 PM
I don't need a breather hell I didn't have my underwear up my crack. One thing that does bug me is posters who come on here and make fun of Ole Miss when they melt down and the very next week when we lose those same poster act like the Ole Miss people they made fun of. It's just stupid how some folks act on here after a lose.

defiantdog
12-09-2015, 08:16 PM
I don't need a breather hell I didn't have my underwear up my crack. One thing that does bug me is posters who come on here and make fun of Ole Miss when they melt down and the very next week when we lose those same poster act like the Ole Miss people they made fun of. It's just stupid how some folks act on here after a lose.

I'm right there with you..... Some people let their emotions get the best of them. Instead of realizing this is all in fun.

TUSK
12-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Here's the true difference between us and OM. I'm sitting out in my front yard, drinking some bourbon, enjoying a fire from a fire pit I built. This is after I completed a project of building a walk in closet in a spare bedroom. Now, an OM alum would sit in their living room, drink cheap red wine, and enjoy a gas fireplace their wife told them how to use. Forget building a walk in closet..... They'd call their parents up and ask them for money. In other words, be glad to be a State grad and fan. It's nice to sit back and realize that we are real men and women, and not fake people who act better than society. Hail State!

Well, not to "one up you", but I, too, am drinking whiskey and sitting by a self constructed firepit (it also generates heat simultaneously for my meth lab and still)... earlier, I welded up a rolling firewood rack out of 2x2 11GA square tubing for a wealthy friend's indoor fireplace (he doesn't like cheap wine, though)...

Next, I'm gonna rewatch the 2013 Bammer/Ole Miss game to remind me of Bama's Glory Years in football... I may spotlight and shoot a deer with a reloaded round during the halftime break...

Red Sox Dawg
12-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Well, not to "one up you", but I, too, am drinking whiskey and sitting by a self constructed firepit (it also generates heat simultaneously for my meth lab and still)... earlier, I welded up a rolling firewood rack out of 2x2 11GA square tubing for a wealthy friend's indoor fireplace (he doesn't like cheap wine, though)...

Next, I'm gonna rewatch the 2013 Bammer/Ole Miss game to remind me of Bama's Glory Years in football... I may spotlight and shoot a deer with a reloaded round during the halftime break...

Pure gold.

State82
12-09-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm nominating Tusk for an honorary MSU Phd

Hunkaburningdawg
12-09-2015, 09:13 PM
I actually attended both universities and there is a huge distinctive difference that most UM walkon fans don't get. At MSU, nobody cared that I drove a piece of crap. They liked me for who I was. When I attended UM, people would ask me what frat I was in before asking me my name. I didn't really develop my disdain for TSUN until I went to school there. My kids are presently attending MSU! Oh, I'm on the bourbon as well.

defiantdog
12-09-2015, 09:14 PM

I knew you were my favorite bammer for a reason

nicks_hammer
12-09-2015, 09:14 PM
It is really amplified this year because we have now 2 consecutive losses and recruiting does not seem to be going as well this year as last year. While loosing to unm does piss me off and I do have alot of friends thatpull for them at least I don't live in MS and have to endure it right now.

Duckdog
12-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Natty light here and I really don't give a shit about were folks are from

BeardoMSU
12-09-2015, 09:24 PM
I assume the really pretentious OM peeps fancy sitting on a worn out vinyl couch, drinking Lagavulin 16 out of plastic stem-ware, while eating grilled country pleasin' sausages out of a Le Creuset mini-crock...*****

Oh, wait....I do that every weekend.....except for the vinyl and plastic stem....leather and crystal, baby.

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I actually attended both universities and there is a huge distinctive difference that most UM walkon fans don't get. At MSU, nobody cared that I drove a piece of crap. They liked me for who I was. When I attended UM, people would ask me what frat I was in before asking me my name. I didn't really develop my disdain for TSUN until I went to school there. My kids are presently attending MSU! Oh, I'm on the bourbon as well.

I love MSU people and fit in better at MSU for the same reasons you mention. All the other external crap like what frat you are in simply doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life.

DancingRabbit
12-09-2015, 09:30 PM

http://m.memegen.com/tcqm2m.jpg

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 09:32 PM

?????

BeardoMSU
12-09-2015, 09:32 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5bb0591db07bf5ad8bc125eab403a7a1/tumblr_n3zfhxK2tC1rnhu6zo1_500.gif

TUSK
12-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Natty light here and I really don't give a shit about were folks are from

daddio, I prime the pump with the Natty... kudos to you, my friend!

nicks_hammer
12-09-2015, 09:34 PM
BeardoMSU, country pleasin' sausage is something that I dearly miss and can't seem to find here in TX. Now I have no idea what the Lagavulin 16 is. Im a Jimmy Beam Black and coke kinda guy.

CadaverDawg
12-09-2015, 09:35 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/11/clap-clapping-congrats-congratulations-friends-Golf-Clap-good-job-well-done-GIF.gif?gs=a

CadaverDawg
12-09-2015, 09:36 PM

http://www.shopfoodex.com/images/00023896577005.gif

(^See what I did there, DR?^)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/820/727/3727820.gif

Statefan
12-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Same group of 40 and 50 year olds that get excited and mark their calendars for their big January recruiting weekend to "make the square seem populated" to impress a bunch of 18 year olds that will underachieve for the 50th year in a row

Weird group man

DancingRabbit
12-09-2015, 10:02 PM

http://pixel.nymag.com/content/dam/slideshows/2013/11/seinfeld-quiz-gifs/win.gif

BeardoMSU
12-09-2015, 10:10 PM
BeardoMSU, country pleasin' sausage is something that I dearly miss and can't seem to find here in TX. Now I have no idea what the Lagavulin 16 is. Im a Jimmy Beam Black and coke kinda guy.

Country Pleasin' cheddar and jalapeno are the tits. L16 is my favorite single malt Scotch, at least of what I've encountered so far. I like JB, Hammer, especially thier rye variety. Good stuff.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2015, 10:12 PM

Ha!

http://i.imgur.com/TyXqaEc.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/59d1695ef03e0ed797270b4c3758aca2/tumblr_ms2q9gAeuJ1s80ppfo4_250.gif

gravedigger
12-09-2015, 10:23 PM

Im pro dan and i get it....i think

gravedigger
12-09-2015, 10:25 PM

You are my friend.

Dawg61
12-09-2015, 10:28 PM

Are you going to troll every thread with this? Very Will James of you

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Are you going to troll every thread with this? Very Will James of you

If it pisses you off then yes.

gravedigger
12-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Same group of 40 and 50 year olds that get excited and mark their calendars for their big January recruiting weekend to "make the square seem populated" to impress a bunch of 18 year olds that will underachieve for the 50th year in a row

Weird group man

Im 48 and couldnt care less about signing day until the day after.

I also remember a 12 year era we sucked. No i dont mean didn't make a bowl sucked. I mean sucked. I mean didnt make a bowl from 1981 to 1991 and the best year was when we lost by nearly 30-0 for 5 straight games.

You cry about croom? Forget you. And guess what? Our dads saw worst. The bulldogs before that lived through archie and the whole faux om nc era.

Get. Over. Yourselves.

Sacrifice
12-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Ok my old neighbor is an ole miss grad. True story, one day he bought a post hole digger. You know the wooden handle ones. So he goes to dig the hole and he can't get them to work properly. So he takes it back to Home Depot, gets a new one. Gets home, can't get it to work again, takes it back again this time he is furious with Home Depot. So he gets his 3rd post hole digger. I walk over and he's telling me about it, mad ass hell. So I'm watching him use it and he has no idea your supposed to pull the handles apart when you dig the hole. He's just sitting there beating the ground cussing at Home Depot. I almost fell on the ground laughing. I'll never forget that.

nicks_hammer
12-09-2015, 10:45 PM
You lost me when you said an unm grad and Home Depot in the same sentence together. That's gotta be against their rules or something.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2015, 10:47 PM
You lost me when you said an unm grad and Home Depot in the same sentence together. That's gotta be against their rules or something.
No kidding. I'm sure the Oxford Walmart is actually just a Saks 5th Avenue in disguise****

TUSK
12-09-2015, 11:17 PM
Ok my old neighbor is an ole miss grad. True story, one day he bought a post hole digger. You know the wooden handle ones. So he goes to dig the hole and he can't get them to work properly. So he takes it back to Home Depot, gets a new one. Gets home, can't get it to work again, takes it back again this time he is furious with Home Depot. So he gets his 3rd post hole digger. I walk over and he's telling me about it, mad ass hell. So I'm watching him use it and he has no idea your supposed to pull the handles apart when you dig the hole. He's just sitting there beating the ground cussing at Home Depot. I almost fell on the ground laughing. I'll never forget that.

may I have your neighbor's address?

bgover4
12-10-2015, 09:44 AM

Nope, I was in home depot around last christmas and one of the employees noticed my hat and went on to bring up the egg bowl and then finished by telling me he was a proud alum of UNM. Then he had to go help the next customer. He was really putting that degree to work.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Nope, I was in home depot around last christmas and one of the employees noticed my hat and went on to bring up the egg bowl and then finished by telling me he was a proud alum of UNM. Then he had to go help the next customer. He was really putting that degree to work.

Well Indeed he is then.

BB30
12-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Your hysterical

JDog13
12-10-2015, 01:31 PM

I went on a visit with a friend and the first thing I was asked was what my father did.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Your hysterical

Time will tell if I am right or not. We'll see how it plays out.

Political Hack
12-10-2015, 01:44 PM
My fire pit, which I built, is in my backyard. Unfortunately my fireplace inside is gas...

BB30
12-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Time will tell if I am right or not. We'll see how it plays out.

Right that pro Dan people don't get that? ... That is what is hysterical whether Mullen is going to survive and build on the last two years is irrelevant, the fact that you are grouping people that are pro Dan into we don't think we are better than ole miss is stupid.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Right that pro Dan people don't get that? ... That is what is hysterical whether Mullen is going to survive and build on the last two years is irrelevant, the fact that you are grouping people that are pro Dan into we don't think we are better than ole miss is stupid.

Ah the pro Dan and no-mo Dan argument. Step away from the edge and allow at least 1 more year. Let's see how next year plays out along with development of our current players. For now I support Dan and what he has accomplished here though we should not accept complacency or regression. We have the facilities, and the resources in place to move forward. Are we going to? I believe that Dan's biggest fault is that he continues to coach instead of manage. In today's world the head coach has to manage, organize, and coordinate all of the pieces of a D1 program. This is a big task and you need capable and able OC and DC to take the reigns of their game. We don't have that. That is my biggest gripe with our current administration.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Ah the pro Dan and no-mo Dan argument. Step away from the edge and allow at least 1 more year. Let's see how next year plays out along with development of our current players. For now I support Dan and what he has accomplished here though we should not accept complacency or regression. We have the facilities, and the resources in place to move forward. Are we going to? I believe that Dan's biggest fault is that he continues to coach instead of manage. In today's world the head coach has to manage, organize, and coordinate all of the pieces of a D1 program. This is a big task and you need capable and able OC and DC to take the reigns of their game. We don't have that. That is my biggest gripe with our current administration.

You get it even if you have a little more faith in Dan than I do. I respect that.

nicks_hammer
12-10-2015, 08:43 PM
You get it even if you have a little more faith in Dan than I do. I respect that.

It's not blind but I do support his body of work as a whole. He has done more here than anyone in my lifetime and I've been watching State football since around 77 or so. I do not believe that he has a blank check but even this current season was a success based on the national media. Do I wish that we would beat the teams that matter? Hell yeah I do and I keep hoping but to fire him at this point would be the same as when unm fired cutclife. For now we should hold serve and see what happens this next season, which has probably 5 automatic wins in USA, USCe, UMASS, KY, and Samford 2 games that we should win UA, aTm. If he does that he has maintained where we are. If he fails to do this I will be ready for change based on the available candidate pool. It's not as simple for us to fire a head coach. We have to be careful and pay attention to the potential candidates and the competition that we would face. Yes we have financial resources but in order to move ahead I believe that we still need a nother 1 to 5 million dollars in revenue to boost our assistant pay. That is our weak spot.

Todd4State
12-10-2015, 09:49 PM
It's not blind but I do support his body of work as a whole. He has done more here than anyone in my lifetime and I've been watching State football since around 77 or so. I do not believe that he has a blank check but even this current season was a success based on the national media. Do I wish that we would beat the teams that matter? Hell yeah I do and I keep hoping but to fire him at this point would be the same as when unm fired cutclife. For now we should hold serve and see what happens this next season, which has probably 5 automatic wins in USA, USCe, UMASS, KY, and Samford 2 games that we should win UA, aTm. If he does that he has maintained where we are. If he fails to do this I will be ready for change based on the available candidate pool. It's not as simple for us to fire a head coach. We have to be careful and pay attention to the potential candidates and the competition that we would face. Yes we have financial resources but in order to move ahead I believe that we still need a nother 1 to 5 million dollars in revenue to boost our assistant pay. That is our weak spot.

I agree with you for the most part- which is the main reason why I have not called for Dan to be fired yet. I think we lose to Texas A&M next year because of our secondary. That's probably the biggest thing I disagree with.

As far as Cutcliffe- we need to get past that and learn from it. The problem that Ole Miss made was assuming that they could land Dennis Erikson. Plus people forget that Cutcliffe went 4-7 his last season. It wasn't like he went 8-3 after Eli. Also, that was pre-Saban SEC and I believe that we are a better job than Ole Miss because our fans are more even keel and a coach doesn't have to deal with the #Network. We have better facilities, better atmosphere on gameday, and Starkville is an up and coming college town- whether people want to believe it or not. It just gets better and better every year.