PDA

View Full Version : New Baseball Commit...

CadaverDawg
12-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Don't know his name bc everything is a Twitter handle these days. First name is Austin, #5 player in Illinois...anybody got a last name & more info? Good pickup?

CadaverDawg
12-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Found it...Austin Marozas, Pitcher

http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/IL/Austin-Marozas-7684012953

CadaverDawg
12-09-2015, 05:35 PM
6 feet 7 inches tall. Wow.

bobcat91
12-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Got the size to add a few mph to his pitches. That tall and hitting 95 would be awesome.

DawgSaint
12-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Got the size to add a few mph to his pitches. That tall and hitting 95 would be awesome.

Wes Johnson might need to take a step ladder out for mound visits

starkvegasdawg
12-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Class of 2017 so that makes him a sophomore now? Even at a junior to be that frigging big...wow. Once matures and develops he will be intimidating. Wonder if he can catch a football.

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Don't know his name bc everything is a Twitter handle these days. First name is Austin, #5 player in Illinois...anybody got a last name & more info? Good pickup?

Good pick up assuming we can keep him away from MLB. I know he only tops out at 90, but this is the kind of guy that Wes can develop and really vault into an ace.

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Class of 2017 so that makes him a sophomore now? Even at a junior to be that frigging big...wow. Once matures and develops he will be intimidating. Wonder if he can catch a football.

This baseball season will be his junior year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2015, 07:39 PM
I really dont keep up with baseball recruiting that much but is it normal for the majority of your recruits be pitchers? It seems like everytime I hear of a commit tits a pitcher and it seems we have a stable full of them.

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 08:04 PM
I really dont keep up with baseball recruiting that much but is it normal for the majority of your recruits be pitchers? It seems like everytime I hear of a commit tits a pitcher and it seems we have a stable full of them.

In baseball, you can NEVER have enough pitching. See us last year.

Part of it is because a lot of the best players in high school are dual position guys on their team too.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-09-2015, 08:33 PM
In baseball, you can NEVER have enough pitching. See us last year.

Part of it is because a lot of the best players in high school are dual position guys on their team too..

chainedup_Dawg
12-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Good pick up assuming we can keep him away from MLB. I know he only tops out at 90, but this is the kind of guy that Wes can develop and really vault into an ace.

Hell, at that height, even if he stays at 90 if he can use his height to really get out front with his release he'd be dangerous. A 6'7" kid throwing 90 gets on you quick when releasing the ball out in front. That's about like a 5'11" kid throwing 93-95

Played a kid that was 6'5" he didn't throw all that hard, around 88-90 but he got way out front with his release to the point the ball was on you insanely quick. He wasn'ta huge strike out pitcher but the contact was usely pretty weak

Todd4State
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Hell, at that height, even if he stays at 90 if he can use his height to really get out front with his release he'd be dangerous. A 6'7" kid throwing 90 gets on you quick when releasing the ball out in front. That's about like a 5'11" kid throwing 93-95

Played a kid that was 6'5" he didn't throw all that hard, around 88-90 but he got way out front with his release to the point the ball was on you insanely quick. He wasn'ta huge strike out pitcher but the contact was usely pretty weak

Very true. Releasing a ball closer to home plate = less time for the hitter to react.

Taog Redloh
12-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Pitching is sort of like offense in football....without it you don't have a chance. They say pitching wins championships? I disagree. If you don't have pitching, you won't even be close to a championship.

If defense wins football championships, then again it's the opposite for baseball. Hitting, specifically clutch hitting, wins championships. There are anomalies but by and large this is true. It changes in the pros where everybody can pitch and everybody can hit, then it comes down to little differences in the bullpen and things like that. I'm talking big picture.

Cohen obviously agrees with this, because he's consistently gone above and beyond to make sure we're strong on the mound.

Don't give me the UCLA bullcrap, either. 2011-2014 was a messed up time with that huge field and the dead bats.

BB30
12-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Also at 6'7" he will pitch with a lot of tilt usually generates a lot of ground balls and week contact good pick up will probably add a tick or two to his fastball as he matures as well