PDA

View Full Version : Gardner Minshew

Bass Chaser
12-08-2015, 09:56 PM
What's the knock on him? He put up great numbers this year in Juco.

missouridawg
12-08-2015, 09:58 PM
The real question, is why do people question Dans QB recruiting?

I guess you could argue Dylan Favre.... But I'm pretty sure we only took him after missing on the top couple of guys.

Taino, by all accounts, appears to be a really good player. And he was taken over Minshew.

Bass Chaser
12-08-2015, 10:03 PM
No my question is as stated. Why doesn't he have any FBS offers?

whosyourdawgy
12-08-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm a huge Minshew fan but he isn't a fit in our offense but a school that runs a pro style or spread offense with good a good running back is gonna get a damn helluva quarterback. I just hope we don't play against him in a year or 2 and he picks us apart.

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
What's the knock on him? He put up great numbers this year in Juco.

He'd get beat up in Dan's offense. We need a QB built like a TE.

Bass Chaser
12-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Damn really?!?! So he doesn't fit us I knew that. Why not USM, ULL, or USA?

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 10:15 PM

He did sign with Troy and he also had a scholarship to UAB.....

whosyourdawgy
12-08-2015, 10:21 PM

Damn really? What the hell dude? I made a freaking statement. You didn't say a damn word about anybodies system. You asked what the knock on him was. I made a statement. Don't be a dick

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2015, 10:24 PM
He did sign with Troy and he also had a scholarship to UAB.....

He was walking on at Troy. Part of the reason he left was because he didn't get a scholarship after spring practice.

whosyourdawgy
12-08-2015, 10:30 PM
He was walking on at Troy. Part of the reason he left was because he didn't get a scholarship after spring practice.

Bingo! As normal got it right. But if some big school can't see this kid is a leader, winner, and a pretty damn good qb it is a shame. He has worked his ass off and whoever decides to take a chance on him will not regret it.

Todd4State
12-08-2015, 10:34 PM
He'd get beat up in Dan's offense. We need a QB built like a TE.

I wish we had an offense flexible enough to where we need a QB built like whatever the best QB in the state is that year.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Bingo! As normal got it right. But if some big school can't see this kid is a leader, winner, and a pretty damn good qb it is a shame. He has worked his ass off and whoever decides to take a chance on him will not regret it.

I agree. He would absolutely tear up the Sun Belt, C-USA, or the AAC. Good thing for him is he has another year of juco available if he needs it but it is strange someone hasn't extended an offer.

SDDawg
12-08-2015, 10:35 PM
I wish we had an offense flexible enough to where we need a QB built like whatever the best QB in the state is that year.

Dan tried to adapt the offense to Tyler Russell and we struggled with that, I prefer what we're doing now.

Todd4State
12-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Dan tried to adapt the offense to Tyler Russell and we struggled with that, I prefer what we're doing now.

That's kind of what I am saying though. I wish we were more flexible.

Bass Chaser
12-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Damn really? What the hell dude? I made a freaking statement. You didn't say a damn word about anybodies system. You asked what the knock on him was. I made a statement. Don't be a dick

My response wasn't directed at you. I didn't mean to come across that way just wondered why he's received no interest from some G5 schools.

whosyourdawgy
12-08-2015, 10:39 PM

Damn. That was a "somewhat" positive post. I am shocked you prefer anything Dan does

SDDawg
12-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Damn. That was a "somewhat" positive post. I am shocked you prefer anything Dan does

I am not sure who you're talking to, I have been a huge fan of Dan until I was convinced he had packed his bags. I was wrong though and I'm over it now. I like Dan's offense but it needs a mobile QB, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

whosyourdawgy
12-09-2015, 12:25 AM
I am not sure who you're talking to, I have been a huge fan of Dan until I was convinced he had packed his bags. I was wrong though and I'm over it now. I like Dan's offense but it needs a mobile QB, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Oh. I was talking to you. So you are over your over reacting to a bunch of unsubstantiated reports and rumors of our coach leaving and going bat shit crazy about it on here and you are now back to loving Dan Mullen? That is a bigger mood swing than when my wife was pregnant with our first kid. You were a complete basket case Hell I even quit coming here for a while so I wouldn't even be tempted to read the crap you were spewing. And poof. Just like that you are back on the Dan train? Ok then. Welcome back

SDDawg
12-09-2015, 12:44 AM
O
Oh. I was talking to you. So you are over your over reacting to a bunch of unsubstantiated reports and rumors of our coach leaving and going bat shit crazy about it on here and you are now back to loving Dan Mullen? That is a bigger mood swing than when my wife was pregnant with our first kid. You were a complete basket case Hell I even quit coming here for a while so I wouldn't even be tempted to read the crap you were spewing. And poof. Just like that you are back on the Dan train? Ok then. Welcome back

I want Dan to win the damn bowl game and finish strong in recruiting. He is our coach, clearly sticking around so I am going to support him. That's how I roll.

Joe Schmedlap
12-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Didn't you suggest not being a dick?

Jack Lambert
12-09-2015, 09:22 AM
I don't know how tall they got him listed but I am 6'2" and when I stood next to him he looked short.

SDDawg
12-09-2015, 09:26 AM
I don't know how tall they got him listed but I am 6'2" and when I stood next to him he looked short.

I think he's 5'11' based on what I read from camp reports. So is Russell Wilson though... the right player can make it work. With the numbers he has I'm still surprised he is not getting more offers.