PDA

View Full Version : Good negotiating or actual fire where there is smoke?

ScottH
12-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Shea (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2596937-alabama-ohio-state-to-visit-no-1-qb-shea-patterson-i-dont-want-any-regrets)

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2015, 04:01 PM
"I'm committed to Ole Miss and pretty sure that's where I want to go. Then again, you don't know what's going to happen and you can't really burn any bridges," he said. "I don't want any regrets when I look back. I want to know that I did everything possible to put myself in the right position to succeed."

Todd4State
12-08-2015, 04:04 PM
"I'm committed to Ole Miss and pretty sure that's where I want to go. Then again, you don't know what's going to happen and you can't really burn any bridges," he said. "I don't want any regrets when I look back. I want to know that I did everything possible to put myself in the right position to succeed."

That's probably not playing in a high school offense in college.

klong-dog
12-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Unless one of those schools plans on hiring the brother, you can forget about it.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2015, 04:11 PM
["His older brother, Sean Patterson, was named Ole Miss' associate director of recruiting operations in March after serving on the LSU staff. "] We all knew it already but now everyone knows it. It's really funny how ole miss lands jobs for family members of recruits. Tunsil mom for one the RN an DN parents for another. No telling what else really going on at Mississippi.

TSUNami
12-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Pure UNM PR at work. Remember Kimdeechee's flirting with LSU the week before NSD? Then when he signed they "beat the big boys". Same thing with this move.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Pure UNM PR at work. Remember Kimdeechee's flirting with LSU the week before NSD? Then when he signed they "beat the big boys". Same thing with this move.

If so they are playing with fire. Would you want Saban talking to one of your recruits or even Myers? Go to Ole Miss your brother gets a good job. Go to Bama or Ohio State you get a NC ring and better QB coaching resulting in a better NFL draft.

I don't know about this one being a PR move. Bama needs a QB in a bad way and you know what he could start next year for Bama but will not start for Ole Miss.

Dawg Corps
12-08-2015, 04:21 PM
will not start for Ole Miss.

I had an Ole Miss fan tell me during the Egg Bowl that "Shea is such a good and mature kid that he would never be upset that Freeze promised him that he could start but started Kelly over him. Freeze would never make that promise to a recruit anyways."

Jack Lambert
12-08-2015, 04:33 PM
I had an Ole Miss fan tell me during the Egg Bowl that "Shea is such a good and mature kid that he would never be upset that Freeze promised him that he could start but started Kelly over him. Freeze would never make that promise to a recruit anyways."

I really don't think this one is a PR move. I just don't think Ole Miss will gamble with this recruit.

scottycameron
12-08-2015, 04:35 PM

I had one of the dip***** tell me he was an early enrollee and had already signed with them. I almost bought it, lol. Wrong, as usual.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2015, 04:38 PM
I had one of the dip***** tell me he was an early enrollee and had already signed with them. I almost bought it, lol. Wrong, as usual.

He did sign his financial aid papers to OM but those only bind the school to the player. The player is still free to talk to & go to another school if he wants.

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2015, 04:45 PM
My guess is that this is a bear recruiting reporter trying to sell subscriptions, but I would love to be wrong on this one.

msstate7
12-08-2015, 04:47 PM
He did sign his financial aid papers to OM but those only bind the school to the player. The player is still free to talk to & go to another school if he wants.

Matt womack signed papers with lsu and signed with bama

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Matt womack signed papers with lsu and signed with bama

Matt said that he was for sure going to start at Bama - How did that work out for him? OH he redshirted? Im stunned.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Matt said that he was for sure going to start at Bama - How did that work out for him? OH he redshirted? Im stunned.
I think coaches tell you what you want to hear, they know once you sign and on campus what are you going to do?

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2015, 05:03 PM
I think coaches tell you what you want to hear, they know once you sign and on campus what are you going to do?

About all they could do is threaten to spill the beans on any illegal recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2015, 05:06 PM

IDK, we don't know what we are doing with our running backs or OL & they are already on campus

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2015, 05:10 PM
I just can't imagine Patterson decommiting from OM when his brother works in the football department.

Give the Bears credit, not only are they ridiculously aggressive on the recruiting scene, they plan ahead & shape things so that they sit in great positions with kids following their JR year.

I realize that many of things OM does are extremely illegal, but one thing I do wish we'd copy is how they take initiative in recruiting. They set the terms of the path a player's recruitment will take & make others adjust to them. They aren't scared to make the first move.

Dawgdom
12-08-2015, 05:15 PM
FIFY

"I'm committed to Ole Miss and pretty sure that's where I want to go. Then again, you don't know what's going to happen and you can't really burn any bridges," he said. "I don't want any regrats when I look back. I want to know that I did everything possible to put myself in the right position to succeed."

Blackout
12-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Don't fault the kid for wanting to get the full treatment.

Think of those visits as the bachelor party to his Bear marriage.

smootness
12-08-2015, 05:21 PM
I just can't imagine Patterson decommiting from OM when his brother works in the football department.

Give the Bears credit, not only are they ridiculously aggressive on the recruiting scene, they plan ahead & shape things so that they sit in great positions with kids following their JR year.

I realize that many of things OM does are extremely illegal, but one thing I do wish we'd copy is how they take initiative in recruiting. They set the terms of the path a player's recruitment will take & make others adjust to them. They aren't scared to make the first move.

Well, his brother worked for LSU this time last year...not that hard for another school to tell him that if he signs, his brother will have a job there as well.

PendingTransaction
12-08-2015, 05:25 PM
I'll give 10 to 1 that he goes to U of M.

scottycameron
12-08-2015, 06:14 PM

If a coach is telling recruits the truth he should be fired on the spot. Ditto for a car salesman. And a whole lot of other jobs now that I think about it

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 07:13 PM

A lot to these guys typically think they can start anywhere out of high school. Cory Thomas thought he would start as a freshmen. It's humbling when they actually hit the field that first time for practice.

WesternSkyDawg
12-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I'll give 10 to 1 that he goes to U of M.

I'll give 10 to 1 that he does not go to U of M.

There's a growing realization that they put all their eggs in the Kimdechee basket, and it didn't happen.

No #1 ranking

No trip to Atlanta

Croots ain't blind

Bucky Dog
12-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Maybe Coach can weigh in on this since he is in Shreveport, but a co worker who lives ther and has kids at Calvary, said he has hear LSU is back in the picture big time. With thoughts of changing offense and an opportunity to play. Said that is where he has always wanted to go, but really looks up to his brother and that had swayed his decision to OM.

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Maybe Coach can weigh in on this since he is in Shreveport, but a co worker who lives ther and has kids at Calvary, said he has hear LSU is back in the picture big time. With thoughts of changing offense and an opportunity to play. Said that is where he has always wanted to go, but really looks up to his brother and that had swayed his decision to OM.

I wouldn't say LSU..... go north..... like Ohio State north. If all goes well, Tristen Wallace's name will pop back up.

Cabo32
12-08-2015, 11:39 PM

I doubt they would know much. His family moved to Biloxi..word I heard was that it was partly due to all the shit his family was catching from lsu fans