PDA

View Full Version : Dak NFL Draft

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Bleacher Report's draft guru released his QB rankings today & had Dak listed 9 & behind Brandon Allen. After seeing Arkansas play us, I don't necessarily disagree with this, from a true passing perspective.

As to where Dak will go in the draft, my guess is that Connor Cook doesn't get out of the 2nd round, & that would leave Dak as the 3rd best QB on the board at that point. I still think Chip Kelly will take him at some point in the 3rd round or early 4th.

As for Chad Kelly, all teams have different needs & scouts have different things they value, but it seems that this particular scout values pure passing ability & pocket mobility over all else. So in that regard, I think Matt Miller would have Kelly ranked ahead of Allen & right behind Cook, disregarding the risk, due to his makeup. My guess is that Kelly would get a 3rd round grade from a physical standpoint & it would the just come down to which team thought he turned the corner mentally. If Kelly gets feed back that he will go in the 3rd round, I think that's his ceiling & he should go pro, but, if he receives feedback that says he'll be a 4th or greater round pick, he should probably come back. Just being objective & not playing sides here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVuiVqnWEAQNTmo.png:large

Homedawg
12-08-2015, 02:57 PM
The guy doesn't even know Dak was a sr? Nice

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2015, 02:57 PM
The guy doesn't even know Dak was a sr? Nice

Yes. He made a mistake. Someone called him out on twitter

Political Hack
12-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Dak is top 5 on that list.

Tripp McNeely
12-08-2015, 04:30 PM
hackenberg will be a GIGANTIC bust!!

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm surprised Goff is the #1 prospect

smootness
12-08-2015, 04:50 PM
So in that regard, I think Matt Miller would have Kelly ranked ahead of Allen & right behind Cook, disregarding the risk, due to his makeup.

If that were true, he would already be on this list. I can assure you Kelly is not that highly-thought-of in regard to the NFL.

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Much better list here - though Im not sure what Christian Hackenburg has ever done to be given a high ranking.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/QB

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Much better list here - though Im not sure what Christian Hackenburg has ever done to be given a high ranking.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/QB

I agree, but you could almost put Cardale in that same group. Outside of three games, when teams had very little film on him, Cardale has been pretty bad at playing QB

Percho
12-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Looks to me as if they are ranking height as much as anything.

smootness
12-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Looks to me as if they are ranking height as much as anything.

Welcome to the NFL draft. Antonio Brown, Russell Wilson, Wes Welker, Drew Brees, Bob Sanders, Steve Smith...

There will always be lower draft picks who surprise and have success, but every single one of these guys was taken lower than their football ability would suggest, even at the time of the draft.

Irondawg
12-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I know he's got a somewhat hurt shoulder but I don't find cook that impressive

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Carson Wentz is gonna be good at the next level. Granted, the average DL running at him was 6'2", 240. I still think he's going to be pretty good. 2* Paxton Lynch will probably be a steal in the draft as well. I'm not sold on Hackenberg, Cook, or Hogan. They'll make good back ups or prep team qbs. Allen, Goff and Doughty are good ones though. I still don't know how Goff was picked as #1. The guy threw 13 INTs this year.

Maroon_and_white
12-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I know he's got a somewhat hurt shoulder but I don't find cook that impressive

This is a "twitter" hot take, but I think it says something when your star QB comes back for his Senior year and isn't even voted a team captain and his team beats OSU (on the road) without him playing a snap. QBs are often a crapshoot in the draft but this has early indicators for bust. I think Bama swarms him

defiantdog
12-09-2015, 09:46 AM
This is a "twitter" hot take, but I think it says something when your star QB comes back for his Senior year and isn't even voted a team captain and his team beats OSU (on the road) without him playing a snap. QBs are often a crapshoot in the draft but this has early indicators for bust. I think Bama swarms him
Michigan State relys on their defense to win games..... Similar to Bama. The last time Michigan State saw a rb as big and fast as Henry was when le'veon bell was playing for them.

Irondawg
12-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Cardale really should have gone to the NFL last year - his stock was soaring for no real reason and he probably would have been a 2nd pick at worst. Some team may still take a flyer but his body of work is much less impressive now

louisvilledawg
12-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Dane Brugler has Lynch going number 1 to the browns, Goff number 9 to the 49ers, and connor cook going to the Texans.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dak goes in like round 3/4. Obviously everyone is aware of his leadership ability, he just needs to perform well at senior bowl and pro day

JoseBrown
12-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Man I'd love Dak to get picked by the Saints. Could learn from Brees and take over for him in a couple years. I'd return to the dome for games to see him continue to play.

Dawg61
12-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Man I'd love Dak to get picked by the Saints. Could learn from Brees and take over for him in a couple years. I'd return to the dome for games to see him continue to play.

I'm hoping for the Saints too. He can start a nice win streak vs Cam who unfortunately is looking like the NFL MVP right now.