PDA

View Full Version : Belk Bowl Questions

MetEdDawg
12-08-2015, 12:49 PM
1) For those of you in the Bulldog Club, are you going to get tickets through them or just buy general admission? Also, are they doing any extra BDC points for ticket purchases?

2) Anyone trying to stay at the team hotel? Was wondering which one it was.

Thanks in advance!

CarolinaDawgs
12-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Team is staying at Hilton City Center in Uptown. Don't know anything about the BDC points.

SDDawg
12-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Heard the hotel is sold out. I view the BDC tickets as a donation - last year I bought those but ended up buying others that were better. If you're trying to get the best seat for the $$, buy on the open market would be my suggestion.

sleepy dawg
12-08-2015, 02:19 PM
1) For those of you in the Bulldog Club, are you going to get tickets through them or just buy general admission? Also, are they doing any extra BDC points for ticket purchases?

2) Anyone trying to stay at the team hotel? Was wondering which one it was.

Thanks in advance!

This is the first bowl game I'm going to miss since Dan got here. Although I am not going, I do have a recommendation for you... Don't buy your tickets through MSU if you are going. I've done this every year, and every year, I've been burned and ended up pissed off about my seats. Imagine what you think the worst seat in the house is, and that's exactly where I've ended up every time buying through the university.

If I were you, I'd buy through some other source such as stubhub if you care anything about having a decent seat. This approach may be frowned upon, but as long as people are continuing to allow this practice of the teams getting the shitty seats, then it will continue, then the teams will continue to get the shitty seats. Only once all the universities start to fight for something better, will there be change. You must be the change you want to see.

MetEdDawg
12-08-2015, 02:28 PM
This is the first bowl game I'm going to miss since Dan got here. Although I am not going, I do have a recommendation for you... Don't buy your tickets through MSU if you are going. I've done this every year, and every year, I've been burned and ended up pissed off about my seats. Imagine what you think the worst seat in the house is, and that's exactly where I've ended up every time buying through the university.

If I were you, I'd buy through some other source such as stubhub if you care anything about having a decent seat. This approach may be frowned upon, but as long as people are continuing to allow this practice of the teams getting the shitty seats, then it will continue, then the teams will continue to get the shitty seats. Only once all the universities start to fight for something better, will there be change. You must be the change you want to see.

Well I remember when I bought tickets through the BDC for the first Gator Bowl that we were like nose bleed high up. It was nice to watch us curb stomp Michigan, but I hate that I had to watch it from Tallahassee, at least that's how far away it seemed, for that much. So I bought StubHub for the Music City Bowl the next year and they were way cheaper for way better seats. I haven't been able to go to a bowl since then so I was hoping it had changed. Sounds like it really hasn't.

SDDawg
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Well I remember when I bought tickets through the BDC for the first Gator Bowl that we were like nose bleed high up. It was nice to watch us curb stomp Michigan, but I hate that I had to watch it from Tallahassee, at least that's how far away it seemed, for that much. So I bought StubHub for the Music City Bowl the next year and they were way cheaper for way better seats. I haven't been able to go to a bowl since then so I was hoping it had changed. Sounds like it really hasn't.

All MSU tickets this year are lower bowl and club level according to the athletic department, so I think it's better. That said, I still think $ for $ there is a better deal to be had on the open market for a game like this one.

Political Hack
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
If you want to pick your seats you have to go through someone other than the school.

MetEdDawg
12-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know what kind of set up will be in the club level?

Political Hack
12-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know what kind of set up will be in the club level?

There are different sections of the stadium that have different venues. There's the "locker room" and "Panther den" etc...

There's a YouTube video that shows a lot of it. Sounds like typical concessions with a decent view from behind the glass if necessary. ACC sits on the north and east side if I remember correctly so look on the south and west end zones.

Mjoelner34
12-08-2015, 03:47 PM

Thanks in advance!

Not going to be able to make this one but unless you're wanting the BC points, you'll be better off waiting until game day and buying them on Stub Hub. Last year I spent around $140/ticket through MSU and was in the nosebleeds on about the 10 yard line. On the day of the game they were practically giving away tickets to better locations.

War Machine Dawg
12-08-2015, 03:52 PM
What's the best area in Charlotte to find a hotel? Got my tickets, now I need a place to stay.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2015, 04:18 PM
What's the best area in Charlotte to find a hotel? Got my tickets, now I need a place to stay.

Carry an extra pair of underwear and sleep in your car. That use to be the joke Mississippi use to say about state fans going to a bowl game.

12-08-2015, 04:45 PM
https://twitter.com/Matt_McKenzie1/status/510255376432775169

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxTKj03CIAIA0lL.jpg:large

War Machine Dawg
12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Bump.

rrog17
12-09-2015, 06:24 PM
You want to stay downtown around the EpiCentre. The Hilton is a couple of blocks to the SW. There's nice hotels all around it.

It_Could_Happen
12-10-2015, 12:16 AM

Anywhere in Uptown is good from what I have read. We are at the Hilton garden inn uptown. Hope that helps

CarolinaDawgs
12-10-2015, 10:20 AM
THE EPICENTRE IS NUCKING FUTS.. HAVE TO GO TO HOWL AT THE MOON.. DUELING PIANO BAR