PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

msstate7
12-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Anyone besides me expect a jump in performance these next couple games? We've had a little layoff to allow Howland to teach... I think it's gonna show

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2015, 02:00 PM
It might take longer than "a little layoff" to get Ray-itis out of them. But I do think they will gradually get better as the season goes on.

BeardoMSU
12-08-2015, 02:02 PM
It might take longer than "a little layoff" to get Ray-itis out of them. But I do think they will gradually get better as the season goes on.

I do think our defense will definitely get better as the season goes on.

CarolinaDawgs
12-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Im really excited to see what January brings. This team needs to learn how to win early in SEC play.. Simply put none of the "leaders" have been winners in their career here. Confidence breeds excellence. I think that a great showing against FSU can get a jumpstart to this.

Political Hack
12-08-2015, 03:29 PM
10 days off is a lot. We should see improvement.

tcdog70
12-08-2015, 03:48 PM
I look for MN to finally get his step back. he should be full speed and I think we will see a marked improvement. Plus the Chicken is fixing to get His game on.

djaymsu5
12-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Anyone thinks Staley gets any minutes next game? I'm ready to see what he can do.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Anyone thinks Staley gets any minutes next game? I'm ready to see what he can do.

I don't expect him to play next game.

Coach34
12-08-2015, 10:53 PM

We were much better defensively under Ray...but the offense is vastly improved

Coach34
12-08-2015, 10:54 PM

Staley is going to be practicing football for the bowl game- if he plays before mid-January I'll be shocked

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Staley is going to be practicing football for the bowl game- if he plays before mid-January I'll be shocked

Yep & by that time Holman may be back.

BeardoMSU
12-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Yep & by that time Holman may be back.

That's good news. Whats his conditioning like?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2015, 11:05 PM
That's good news. Whats his conditioning like?

No clue he's just supposed to start practicing this week.

smootness
12-09-2015, 02:25 AM
We were much better defensively under Ray...but the offense is vastly improved

We were better defensively under Ray but not by that much. Our overall defensive numbers look better than they actually were because we slowed the game down and had fewer possessions. Our defensive numbers per possession were poor.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-09-2015, 12:37 PM
We were better defensively under Ray but not by that much. Our overall defensive numbers look better than they actually were because we slowed the game down and had fewer possessions. Our defensive numbers per possession were poor.

I agree the games were much slower. I remember countless times under Ray we kept them in check until the last 5 seconds of the shot clock & then let them hit a wide open 3 or drive straight to the basket.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Hmmmmmmm......guess I was right

Coach34
12-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Our problem has nothing to do with Ray. Our problem is we have Sr's and Jr's jealous of Newman and dont want to lose their spot. We have a divided team. Chicken absolutely cannot handle being "the guy" anymore with the offense structured around him.

**** these guys and let's get to next season

And Howland is being hardheaded with the man D- knowing this team struggles in man and needs to play more zone to prevent dribble-drive

HailState39110
12-12-2015, 06:58 PM
God . Why does IJ Ready keep taking big shots at the end of games

State82
12-12-2015, 07:37 PM
I can't believe I actually allowed myself to be lured into looking forward to the basketball season. Should have known better. Now I'm just biding my time till late February and baseball season (forget recruiting, don't pay any attention to that). Waiting for the next big disappointment.

MarketingBully
12-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Our problem has nothing to do with Ray. Our problem is we have Sr's and Jr's jealous of Newman and dont want to lose their spot. We have a divided team. Chicken absolutely cannot handle being "the guy" anymore with the offense structured around him.

**** these guys and let's get to next season

And Howland is being hardheaded with the man D- knowing this team struggles in man and needs to play more zone to prevent dribble-drive

Your boy Ray is 0-9 right now. If you think that Ray could have taken this team to the NIT, that is laughable.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Anyone besides me expect a jump in performance these next couple games? We've had a little layoff to allow Howland to teach... I think it's gonna show

We have two players. I don't expect much at all this year. The Coach 34 era of MSU basketball won't die a pretty death.

Dawg61
12-12-2015, 10:34 PM
We have two players. I don't expect much at all this year. The Coach 34 era of MSU basketball won't die a pretty death.

Hilarious you blame C34 and not Scott Stricklin. Ya know the guy that actually hired Rick Ray.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Hilarious you blame C34 and not Scott Stricklin. Ya know the guy that actually hired Rick Ray.

Stric did the best he could. See the other thread.