PDA

View Full Version : OM loses starting WR Vincent Sanders to broken collarbone for 6-8 weeks

Coach34
08-03-2013, 09:42 PM
and the spin is that they are so good at WR- it doesnt matter.

Will James
08-03-2013, 09:46 PM
And a 1-6 start looks more and more likely.

Pollodawg
08-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Gotta love that bear spin. Lost one of the best WRs on the team? Who gives a shit. We're 5 deep at every position now magically after one year.....

Coach34
08-03-2013, 10:13 PM

Vandy has to get it done to start their slide into Bolivian

Miles4MSU75
08-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Someone earlier had them winning 10 or 11 games. 5-7 now behind msu for 5th time in. 6 yr.

Homedawg
08-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Stop getting your hopes up. I want it more than anything. But it's not likely. Losing sanders hurts but it's not the end of the world. Losing Wallace.....now that would sting, but they still won't be 1-6. I want you to be right more than ever will. Trust me.

Coach34
08-03-2013, 11:03 PM
While I dont think they will start 1-6- it's not out of the question-

Lose to Vandy and they 1-3 headed to Auburn- who has had a week off to get ready for them...50/50 chance they are 1-4 with LSU and A&M on the horizon

Not to mention all the shit they will be catching if they are 1-3 headed to Auburn...it will be labeled "must win" and all that shit the whole week.

Vandy is the key

M.Fillmore
08-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Vandy is only a 2 point underdog. Yes, Sanders loss will hurt them. This is a game they can easily lose and if they do they will start 1-6.

Political Hack
08-03-2013, 11:07 PM
either way the media is going to have to decide if they like Franklin or the DixieCrats.

FlabLoser
08-04-2013, 05:52 AM
Week one against Vandy is already a must-win for them. I love it.

maroonmania
08-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Stop getting your hopes up. I want it more than anything. But it's not likely. Losing sanders hurts but it's not the end of the world. Losing Wallace.....now that would sting, but they still won't be 1-6. I want you to be right more than ever will. Trust me.

Losing either Wallace or Moncrief would be a huge blow. Those 2 are the real difference makers for them on offense.

The Lord Humongous
08-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Losing either Wallace or Moncrief would be a huge blow. Those 2 are the real difference makers for them on offense.

Not so sure they wouldn't have a real problem with any starting offensive lineman getting hurt as well but agreed on those 2 as pretty huge. From conversations with UM fans and light reading they are incredibly thin on the offensive line.

Jacksondevildog
08-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Isaac Gross wont be back for Vandy, per Freeze. Good chance that they will be without Charles Sawyer as well.

FlabLoser
08-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't believe anything Freeze says. Last year he had their fan base believing they were playing with half a roster. Freeze's MO is to set the fantasy up for low expectations even if it means lying about their state of the union. Then he aims to exceed expectations.

That plan worked brilliantly last year. And it's a smart thing to do. In almost any business under-promising and over-delivering leads to high customer satisfaction.

engie
08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
If they were going to lose someone at a position, WR is probably where they can most afford it... Maybe RB...

ONE injury on the OL, and they've got true freshmen playing at tackle spots...and they are knicked up there right now.

They can afford ZERO injuries at QB, OL, TE, or CB...

bocfarm
08-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't believe anything Freeze says. Last year he had their fan base believing they were playing with half a roster. Freeze's MO is to set the fantasy up for low expectations even if it means lying about their state of the union. Then he aims to exceed expectations.

That plan worked brilliantly last year. And it's a smart thing to do. In almost any business under-promising and over-delivering leads to high customer satisfaction.

This!

Coach34
08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Maybe no Gross and definitely no Sanders for Vandy- that's 2 starters right there
CJ possible drug rehab coming off a broken leg this Spring
Sawyer is iffy

A loss to Vandy and this team will be in trouble....they DO NOT want to go to Auburn at 1-3 with the GusBus having a week off to get ready just for them

engie
08-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Yep. I use the Freeze coachspeak for profiling purposes to determine intelligence amongst their fanbase...Anyone that repeats it as gospel AIN'T very smart...

Political Hack
08-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Maybe no Gross and definitely no Sanders for Vandy- that's 2 starters right there
CJ possible drug rehab coming off a broken leg this Spring
Sawyer is iffy

A loss to Vandy and this team will be in trouble....they DO NOT want to go to Auburn at 1-3 with the GusBus having a week off to get ready just for them

hell, they don't want to go to Auburn after playing a few close games, much less losing. If they show Gus everything they've got, he will eat Freeze alive.

Coach66
08-04-2013, 04:41 PM
To do with Moncrief becoming the star that he is.
Losing sanders hurts.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-04-2013, 08:55 PM
From what I'm hearing, Wallace is not 100%. Without any further complications, he'll get there, but not there on day one.

FlabLoser
08-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Rev fans say now Treadwell will shine.

Right.

Todd4State
08-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Right.

Treadwell was my favorite Ole Miss recruit because his nickname was Laquon Paid Well.

Political Hack
08-04-2013, 09:02 PM
if Wallace struggles, they're hosed.

Coach34
08-04-2013, 09:06 PM

Right.

Last year's #1 WR recruit- Dorial Green Beckham had 28 catches, 395 yards, and 5 TD's...solid year

the problem comes in that Treadwell has to come in immediately and be the guy that takes the pressure off Moncrief. And Treadwell doesnt get a learning curve or get thrown in slowly to get his feet wet- he has to perform immediately. He will play ok- but giving them what Sanders would have immediately in all facets may be asking a little much. Treadwell may be a beast as the season gets deeper- but he will make Freshman mistakes just like all others early.

engie
08-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Wallace is not 100% -- and coming off an injury where it's incredibly tough to get over the mental aspect of it. Ask Nick Griffin, Chad Bumphis, hell even James Franklin(Mizzou QB that had the same injury).
Brunetti has a legal issue.
Beyond this, they are reliant on one of 2 true freshmen.

Pierce Burton(their starting RT) is dinged. I want to say another interior OL for them is coming off offseason surgery.
Tunsil is literally their #3 OT right now. Nothing worse than RELYING on an OL too quick and killing their confidence...

Sanders out.
Got Moncrief and true freshmen outside.

CJ Johnson not 100%(and again, there's a mental aspect to coming back from injury)
Isaac Gross out for first game(surgeries on sports hernias)
They are relying on the juco DT, Hooks, to be the man on day 1. Remember Nick Fairley's first season at Auburn? Yeah, I don't either. Recipe for mediocrity, especially with the front loading of that schedule. No doubt Hooks will be good -- but by the time he's acclimated, their season could have easily slipped away.

Sawyer not 100% and potentially out for week 1 at corner.
Golson dinged at other corner spot.
They already converted a few guys to CB and are talking about doing the same with Koolio. Totally devoid of depth here.

They've got a true freshman tight end.
Beyond that, they just converted Nick Parker to TE this week. Nothing at all there.

DT coming off injury. No idea how he'll contribute. Of all their spots, LB is probably the deepest though...

As you can see, they are REALLY playing with fire depthwise(even if it's better than last year). Last year, they got lucky, and didn't have a single notable injury at all these razor thin positions. Will that "luck" continue?

It's been my experience that these things cancel out over time and there's a snowball effect(thinking back about Carmon and Tobias getting hurt in 2011 and what happened to Relf directly thereafter, basically derailing a season).

Will James
08-04-2013, 09:41 PM
what happened to Relf directly thereafter, basically derailing a season).

And our derailed season resulted in the exact same record as the Bear's great season of 2012. Perspective for those who need it. Depth will be the key word this season regarding major college football in our great State.

engie
08-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Yep -- and we were lucky as hell in 2010 to not have any notable injuries...

Can you imagine how the complexion of that season changes if McPhee or Cox go down early or before the season started? What about KJ or Chris White? Hell, what about Sherrod? That's what people overlook when talking about this team vs that team...

FlabLoser
08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
According to the crack staff at WLBT, Wallace received "late reps in practice".

It_Could_Happen
08-05-2013, 12:51 AM
If I'm James Franklin I'm loving this. I say double Moncrief all night and make a FRESHMAN in his first game ON THE ROAD in the SEC beat you. Do not let Moncreif touch the ball

Drugdog
08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Talked with a Bear who I work out with and he said they NOW have 4 Starters out with injuries. Karma is a bitch ain't it.

Coach34
08-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Fins Up mf'ers (altho I wasnt aware that a Bear had a fin...or Colonel Reb for that matter

Drugdog
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Or that you could go "to the top" at Mississippi Southern either.