PDA

View Full Version : OT: How did Fournette not get invited to NY?

Statefan
12-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Sure they lost 3 and he got shut down against bama but he played 2 less games than Henry and had comparable stats

msstate7
12-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Bc he chose to play for lsu instead of bama

defiantdog
12-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Because his team wasn't good enough at the end of the season

CJDAWG85
12-08-2015, 01:29 AM
If LSU had finished in the Top 10, he would be there.

ScottH
12-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Because his team wasn't good enough at the end of the season

Unfortunately this is now a fact. It's going to be difficult for a great player on an average team to win the trophy.

Also, I think the Les Miles fiasco and moving him to some type of de facto interim status after A&M had to play a part.

TUSK
12-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Bc he chose to play for lsu instead of bama

I'm a firm believer that people should be held accountable for their actions... could you imagine him backing up Henry?

oh, leonard.... you could have done so much [snif]... had you just followed the Process...

[snif]

klong-dog
12-08-2015, 02:29 AM
Seems very similar to Dak last year. Lead Heisman race for a lot of the year and then Bama happened.

Blackout
12-08-2015, 05:48 AM
Baker Mayfield has more of an argument than LF.

TUSK
12-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Baker Mayfield has more of an argument than LF.

that's what I'm 'fraid of, BO...

somebodyshotmypaw
12-08-2015, 07:28 AM
If I was an NFL team, I would take Fournette over the 3 heisman invitees. I just hope Les does not wear him out before he gets to the NFL. Watson runs the number one team, Henry has put up big numbers in big games, and MCaffrey has the speed, vision, and athleticism that makes him a huge multipurpose threat. Dak hampered by 8-4 record.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm a firm believer that people should be held accountable for their actions... could you imagine him backing up Henry?

oh, leonard.... you could have done so much [snif]... had you just followed the Process...

[snif]

I am not so sure if it wound't have been Henry backing him up.

mic
12-08-2015, 09:22 AM
McCaffrey should win.. Period.. Anytime you but up those numbers in a power 5 conference against the schedule they had it's a no brainier..
But the Heisman is turning into another bullshit award..
Henry wins because of Bama and they are in the playoff and because of Bama..

MedDawg
12-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Seems very similar to Dak last year. Lead Heisman race for a lot of the year and then Bama happened.

That's what I was thinking. At the end of the last year Dak still had terrific stats, but he didn't finish the season well. Plus, Mariota had even better stats so there was no chance of Dak being picked ahead of him (other than Mariota going against weaker Pac12 defenses). So no reason to invite Dak since there was a more obvious QB choice.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-08-2015, 09:47 AM
McCaffrey should win.. Period.. Anytime you but up those numbers in a power 5 conference against the schedule they had it's a no brainier..
But the Heisman is turning into another bullshit award..
Henry wins because of Bama and they are in the playoff and because of Bama..

McCaffrey is terrific. Scout, Rivals, and 247 all had him as a top-100 recruit. He's got great vision, balance, and speed. Very athletic, but a little undersized. He explodes through a crease as well as anyone.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2015, 09:50 AM
I am not so sure if it wound't have been Henry backing him up.

My thoughts as well...Fournette is definitely better than Henry. McCaffrey should win the Heisman but unfortunately will not, which is sad because this cat does it in many different ways. He is like Reggie Bush was.

sandwolf
12-08-2015, 10:22 AM
McCaffrey is terrific. Scout, Rivals, and 247 all had him as a top-100 recruit. He's got great vision, balance, and speed. Very athletic, but a little undersized. He explodes through a crease as well as anyone.

Yea, that kid is really good and a lot of fun to watch. And then I saw them interview him after the USC game last week, and he was just as impressive there. Really easy to pull for that guy.

archdog
12-08-2015, 10:47 AM
If I was an NFL team, I would take Fournette over the 3 heisman invitees. I just hope Les does not wear him out before he gets to the NFL. Watson runs the number one team, Henry has put up big numbers in big games, and MCaffrey has the speed, vision, and athleticism that makes him a huge multipurpose threat. Dak hampered by 8-4 record.

I would take Fournette number 1 out of those 4. Then McCaffrey. Then the other guys. Fournette and McCaffrey are going to be making plays for a long time in the NFL.

UMCDawg16
12-08-2015, 11:22 AM
The Heisman has become a joke. It's all about who happens to be on the best team. Not the best player. I thought it was an individual award. Evidently not.

jumbo
12-08-2015, 11:29 AM
the real answer is that they invite players based on the early returns on voting. he didn't receive enough 1st place votes, he wasn't invited.

sleepy dawg
12-08-2015, 01:57 PM
The Heisman Trophy has absolutely nothing to do with finding the best player in college football, nor does it have anything to do with finding to most valuable player... maybe it should, but it doesn't, and it's obvious that it doesn't. LF is probably the best RB I've ever witnessed. When it comes to value, he's way more valuable to his team than Henry is to Bama.

Let's replace Henry with Shumpert and LF with Shumpert. Which team suffers more? There may have been a time when the Heisman attempted to award the best player or most valuable, but there isn't an attempt now.
Now it's the "I have better stats because I have a better team around me than you do" award.

Also, judging a player by how a player does against Alabama is absolutely ridiculous. If everyone had to play Bama, then fine, but most people won't come anywhere close to going up against a defense like that. So basically they're saying (this year) if you play Bama, then you won't be winning the Heisman... sorry you had a down game against the best defensive front in college football history, i guess that means you suck.

Edited to add: The Heisman means nothing to me and is now a joke of a reward. I know it will still be held in high regard by most, and I know players will still strive to get it, but I put zero stock in it.