PDA

View Full Version : Beat Writer

theloungeinleft
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Any info on when we will have a new one? I don't remember it taking this long to replace KV with Marcello?

601Dawg
04-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Talty????

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 02:43 PM
They're waiting for next month's renewal of everybody's free trial of The Clarion Ledger Online. Once everybody's free trial renews, the public will be able to read about this new writer.

batDAWGrilla
04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I hope to God it's not talty.

Ghost of Hank Flick
04-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Let's just hope they aren't considering Matty Dispatch.

mic
04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Ghost of Hank Flick.. Classic name.. Speaking of ole Hank... not saying he was the best or that i want him back but the douche we have now is TERRIBLE... he sounds like a strip club DJ.. He needs to go or be replaced.. Hopefully no one here is related to him if so ..well im not sorry.. he needs to go..

Political Hack
04-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I vote BeastMan.

mic
04-04-2013, 05:00 PM
I vote anyone.. I was at a hoops game i think it was the UGA game 3 years ago , where we had to come from behind to win, Amazing since they sucked so bad. dont know why it was brought up or why he was saying names of players but he didnt pronounce Darryl Wilson's name right.. he pronounced it ( Dar-rail)... its spelled a little different but come on.. You have to get that name right.. hell we could prob ask him today who Super D was and he would have no clue..

we have gone from having one of the top 5 homecourt advantages in the SEC to having prob the worse.. so many issues with the Hump these days needs a whole new thread...

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 07:15 PM
What we have now is generic barely-noticed PA guy. I want s guy with character.

I liked Flick for football (he was awesomer for basketball), but I get the re-branding that we did meant we needed a change there too. But super generic guy...meh

War Machine Dawg
04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Spot on, Flab. I haven't been to a basketball game since Flick got dumped, but my buddies who've been hate the new guy.

And I never even hear the new guy in football. He's so bland it's worse than Flick, who I didn't think was that bad.

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 07:28 PM
The over commercialization of DWS serves us a huge serving of generic guy. Every clock stoppage has to be some kind of commercial recognition of something. Generic guy has scripts to read and he has to talk as much as possible in every conceivable break in the game. The game starts and its a relief not having to hear the guy spam up my ears.

War Machine Dawg
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Also, if Talty is promoted to our new "beat writer" we should just freeze the CL out from media coverage. They're already dying anyway. So shit on them if they stick us with one of the (un)official mouthpieces of Black Bear recruiting as our "objective" reporter.

At this point, I want a damn cheerleader for our beatwriter. It's what they give the Black Bears. Instead, we'll get the next Bob Woodward wanna be, constantly digging for dirt.

Hump4Hoops
04-04-2013, 07:57 PM
My username is actually a tribute to Flick. We need him back, if only for basketball duties.

And my thoughts on the beat writer situation: anyone but #HottyTalty

Ghost of Hank Flick
04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I came up with it as it relates to 'the curse of Hank Flick' on our basketball program: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=2048

I was a big time Flick fan for basketball (and enjoyed his interviewing class), but not as much football because he was kind of hard to hear and always tailed off, but he was still better than generic guy like y'all said.

FanninDawg
04-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Any suggestions for replacement CL coverage of MSState? Even though their coverage hasn't been good in a while, if we end up with Talty I'll throw up with every article he writes. I just canceled one CL subscription, and if we do end up with Talty I'll cancel another. This total void of MSU coverage by Mississippi's 'Flagship' paper (pun intended) is unforgivable. I know they're going through rough times, but damm...

fishwater99
04-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Word is Jeremiah Short is lobbying hard for the job...

ghostofjackie
04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Word is Jeremiah Short is lobbying hard for the job...

And be able to reflect it in writing. From reading his past articles, (and I use that term very loosely) it doesn't look like he will make the cut.