PDA

View Full Version : So, Sarkisian is suing USC!

Bucky Dog
12-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Just saw on the ESPN feed that he is suing them saying they did not properly give him a chance to seek treatment prior to firing him, and that alcoholism is a disability and made some round about claim to violating the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Uh, OK!

I think I remember in one of the threads after he was fired someone saying he would probably sue. I hate that our country has come to this. Have some accountability for your actions and don't run to a lawyer all the time. Hey if he truly is addicted then get some help and get well but don't expect to show up to your job on a number of occasions drunk and expect to not be fired.

I think this actually harms him being hirable for other jobs.

TUSK
12-07-2015, 09:24 PM
let's move it.....

It's a Disease!!!!

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/155157/daddys-very-sick

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2015, 09:36 PM
I had to deal with this working for a state agency. USC agreed that he should go to rehab. By firing him before the treatment program and his opportunity to return to work, they violated most state agency and higher ed HR policies on dealing with alcohol/drug abuse in the work place. He should (by most policies) have been allowed to get treatment, and return under restrictions - like meetings and testing.

The mistake they made was not firing him when he had a documented previous incident, and they will probably have to pay for it.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Just saw on the ESPN feed that he is suing them saying they did not properly give him a chance to seek treatment prior to firing him, and that alcoholism is a disability and made some round about claim to violating the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Uh, OK!

I think I remember in one of the threads after he was fired someone saying he would probably sue. I hate that our country has come to this. Have some accountability for your actions and don't run to a lawyer all the time. Hey if he truly is addicted then get some help and get well but don't expect to show up to your job on a number of occasions drunk and expect to not be fired.

If showed up drunk at work I would lose my license and would never work in my field again. If he wins that it would be another sign that this nation is doomed.

mic
12-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Cheers ...

DawgSaint
12-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Hilarious he is basing part of his case on Bleacher Report grading him A+ in a game!

TUSK
12-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey, if I get banned from ED for a post I make while extra fvcked up when you cats know I drink too much (allegedly)...

can I sue?

TUSK
12-07-2015, 10:24 PM
If showed up drunk at work I would lose my license and would never work in my field again. If he wins that it would be another sign that this nation is doomed.

Dayum, Liver (SWIDT?)... that sounds overly oppressive... what ya do? Operate equipment or on peeps?

Bucky Dog
12-08-2015, 02:02 AM
But no matter whether it's a public(government) or private company don't we all have rules of conduct. I know when I signed my contract to my job it says if I violate a number of things, such as sticking or drugging at work, it could lead to termination.

After his incident in the summer he should have acknowledged he had and issue, or USC could have suspended him and he could have gone to rehab. I just think it's a cop out in his part trying to find a loophole.

Alldawg
12-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Hey, if I get banned from ED for a post I make while extra fvcked up when you cats know I drink too much (allegedly)...

can I sue?

C34 better take you serious. He needs to ban you like he does all Rebel fans. Knowing some of their lawyers, they may sue the board for discrimination since all their fans get banned while he allows Bama fans. You may need to just leave on your own to avoid any future problems. *******

BulldogDX55
12-08-2015, 11:34 AM
The outcome of this will really just depend on whether or not there was a morality clause OR a Drug Use clause in his contract.

sandwolf
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I had to deal with this working for a state agency. USC agreed that he should go to rehab. By firing him before the treatment program and his opportunity to return to work, they violated most state agency and higher ed HR policies on dealing with alcohol/drug abuse in the work place. He should (by most policies) have been allowed to get treatment, and return under restrictions - like meetings and testing.

The mistake they made was not firing him when he had a documented previous incident, and they will probably have to pay for it.

I have absolutely no knowledge about this, but I would like to think that when someone is hired making millions of dollars per year, that a contract could be put in place that overrides the typical policy.

Political Hack
12-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Tusk is a closet State fan. His admiration for that crazy guy yelling stupid stuff on Finebaum is proof enough.

ETA: Stingray... Couldn't remember his name.

sandwolf
12-08-2015, 02:21 PM

Haha, I think you might be understating this a bit. Any Power 5 school would have to be insane to consider hiring this guy.

BrunswickDawg
12-08-2015, 02:22 PM
I have absolutely no knowledge about this, but I would like to think that when someone is hired making millions of dollars per year, that a contract could be put in place that overrides the typical policy.
Depends on the school, the state, and the contract. Remember, it is California....
I just know in the agency I worked for, contracted employees still followed agency HR policies. Our agency policy was that if it was agreed that the course of action would be to enter treatment, that employee (contracted or not) would complete treatment and be allowed to return to work under stipulations. Now, if circumstances warranted, the agency could refuse to allow treatment and fire the employee or terminate the contract (i.e., previous incidents, violation of probationary period, etc.). If the agency recommended treatment and the employee or contractor refused, then they could also terminate.

Maroon_and_white
12-08-2015, 02:41 PM

The mistake they made was hiring him in the first place.

scottycameron
12-08-2015, 03:02 PM

Uh, OK!

USC screwed up. They tried to be PC and fire him because he drank and drinking ain't PC. That was stupid and opens up this can of worms. Should have never mentioned drinking and fired him because you felt like it and wanted to win more. Then he's got nothing. Just can him. Don't try to make yourself look good by canning him, just can him. List the reason for termination as overall sucks at coaching. period. They tried to make themselves look good and it's gonna bite them in the ass.